Mood: Snarky like a shark!

[*] posted on 25-7-2020 at 11:42

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xumJOagDQHE

108403053_3283410248550163_4318234357143211625_o.jpg - 157kB
karlos³
International Hazard

Mood: verrückt & wissenschaftlich

[*] posted on 25-7-2020 at 11:47

Yes he is only looking for justification to do adderall still.
Maybe if it fires back when he gets into the loony bin because he got some and it didn't go well(which is just a matter of time and not of chance), then he will understand that he actually can never again use any stimulant, no matter which one.
Not he.
Everyone else, yes, but not him.
Yttrium2
Flammable Solid

[*] posted on 25-7-2020 at 11:52

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2exCe3ExZNU
Yttrium2
Flammable Solid

[*] posted on 25-7-2020 at 11:54

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a32_IkvQII
karlos³
International Hazard

[*] posted on 25-7-2020 at 12:10

I am honestly disappointed.
I tried to genuinely help you.

It is now the weekend and you post at an increasing rate.
I would guess you already got some sort of stimulant, legal or illegal, which causes this change in your behaviour.
Syn the Sizer
National Hazard

[*] posted on 25-7-2020 at 12:21

Me too, I see the photo and I see somebody who wants to be happy but is looking for the wrong fix.

We have all tried to help, give advice but I think he will or as you said already made his own mind up.
Yttrium2
Flammable Solid

[*] posted on 25-7-2020 at 12:30

Sorry, I guess mainly what I was looking for was unstated, to conclude.

Just curious about dosing regiment, how much/how often?

And

How do people taking add/adhd meds do it everyday and not have problems? Like fatigue and inability to concentrate after expending themselves

I don't want to give it up, perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned the schizophrenia, as that has conflated the issue.

I'll try to reduce my planned out useage of the substance, -- I get the impression its only good for short periods and times where I can *have the time to recooperate afterwards*,

I wish I could appease everyone, especially family, friends, -- loved ones

or make them happy, and not sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLA_QT0NwLc

[Edited on 7/25/2020 by Yttrium2]
Yttrium2
Flammable Solid

[*] posted on 25-7-2020 at 12:33

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJRVxnVPBu0
Yttrium2
Flammable Solid

[*] posted on 25-7-2020 at 12:39

Better yet, what is going to get me studying agian?
karlos³
International Hazard

[*] posted on 25-7-2020 at 13:02

Quote: Originally posted by Yttrium2  

For you?
Nothing, and never at all.
The reasons are stated as above.

You are addicted, fight that and you get rid of your problems.
I feel very sorry for you :(

You and you do it by yourself, by solely your motivation.

How do people taking add/adhd meds do it everyday and not have problems?

Because they are not addicted and they have issues that are real.
Those people benefit by getting of their drugs at some point in life even more.
Because it acts like a behavioural therapy for them.

But you have an addiction problem.
You depend on these types of drugs, and it is your psyche thats the problem.

[Edited on 25-7-2020 by karlos³]
Syn the Sizer
National Hazard

[*] posted on 25-7-2020 at 13:05

To be honest man counseling will get your mind cleared a straight to help you focus more, trust me. It will make studying easier. What you are proposing will make everything more difficult long-term.
elementcollector1
International Hazard

Mood: Molten

[*] posted on 25-7-2020 at 13:07

Bit of a late joiner to the conversation, but I found in college that my most effective study habits were completely different to anyone else's. Everyone studies differently, and you might not have found your most effective approach yet. Mental affects like ADHD, schizophrenia and others complicate the issue further. Some general advice to try out (may or may not work):

-Reduce visual/audial distractions/clutter. This tends to lead to physical distractions, disrupting study habits.

-Move somewhere else. The library's usually a pretty good choice if it's nearby, as it's generally both quiet and visually well-kept.

-Keep a narrative. This ended up being my saving grace - I'd narrate aloud what I was learning and why it was important, which helped me remember it later. Harder to do in a library unless you're quiet enough, though. Some have spaces you can reserve for this purpose.

-Study with someone else and try to teach each other. Another great help was having to explain what you're learning to another - it forces you to consider aspects you might otherwise skim over. They also tend to ask questions you wouldn't, providing either reinforcement or new insight.

-Keep good notes. This isn't actually about referring to them later - the act of slowly and tediously writing something out tends to lead to improved retainment by the brain for later. Useful when writing notecards/study guides for tests.

-Don't rely on external influences to save you. A cup of coffee won't improve your test-taking abilities and, ultimately, neither will a pill. It may allow you to focus on what you remember better, but it's not a catch-all. (Not a specific dig at you, btw, I knew many, many classmates who insisted 7+ cups of coffee right before their test would help them ace it. Not one found the method successful).

Elements Collected:52/87
Latest Acquired: Cl
Next in Line: Ge
Yttrium2
Flammable Solid

[*] posted on 25-7-2020 at 13:14

Karlos, if you'd be so kind to tell me who is an addict and who isn't I'd be happy to hear it.

I have issues that are real too :(

What do you mean they benefit by getting their drugs at some point in their life even more?

Why do you single me out as depending on the drugs? -- I think they help, just as much as the person who goes to the psychiatrist, gets the prescription, visits the pharmacist, and then gets the bottle. -- We both think the drugs help.

What difference is there between me and someone else? You mentioned addiction, and stated that I was an addict, can you explain that?

Thank you Syn the Sizer.
I'll try that, I just don't think a pep talk will help like medication, but who knows......................................................................

and really,

Who cares........................................................................

RogueRose
International Hazard

[*] posted on 25-7-2020 at 13:20

Sorry, I guess mainly what I was looking for was unstated, to conclude.

And

How do people taking add/adhd meds do it everyday and not have problems? Like fatigue and inability to concentrate after expending themselves

I don't want to give it up, perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned the schizophrenia, as that has conflated the issue.

I'll try to reduce my planned out useage of the substance, -- I get the impression its only good for short periods and times where I can *have the time to recooperate afterwards*,

I wish I could appease everyone, especially family, friends, -- loved ones

or make them happy, and not sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLA_QT0NwLc

If you think not mentioning the schizophrenia was the mistake here, I think you are definetly barking up the wrong tree for so many reasons. If you ever had a major schizophrenic issue, you wouldn't ever think about taking a stimulant that could cause it again, or increase the chances of it happening. I feel like you are totally disrepecting the diagnosis or are just not educated enough to understand what it can do. Have you ever been in a real psych ward? Have you ever been at a scene where police, first responders or family are trying to deal with someone going through crisis, having to talk them down (its like a hostage situation very often, complete with violence, threats, etc - it's VERY bad)? If not, you need to maybe find some YT videos of it or talk to someone who has been through it or is a professional who has dealt with it.

If you are ignoring the schizophrenia in order to "light an fire under your ass", you are sacrificing the wrong thing. Keeping the schizophrenia at bay and "satiated" and not risking the aggrivation is a MUCH better payoff than getting the motivation from adderall - there's ZERO question about that. It shouldn't even be a choice if you understand the two. The good/"lucky" thing here is you don't have to do anything but not use the adderall and find something else (non chemical) that will motivate you.

Could it be that you don't like what you are studying? I found that things I once loved I no longer enjoyed and couldn't motivate myself to do them, but I found other things where I was enthusiastic to do them. Or could the motivation before all been chemically induced and is THAT what you are looking for? It's kind of like people chasing the high of the first time taking Ecstasy - going to the clubs just doesn't do it anymore.

Having dealt with people going through a schizophrenic crisis and being in a psychosis is something that would/should make anyone stay away from this drug if it has a chance of inducing it. It is actually worse (mentally) than that crazy drug that was going around in Fl for a while that made people walk all crazy and act like zombies. It's probably even worse than a really bad night on bath salts.

(disclaimer - this is all from first hand observations and reports from people who have gone through it).

*edit - dosing can be difficult as each person is different. I'd suggest seeing if you can get by with once a day, preferably in the morning or early and to stop taking it as early in the day as possible b/c it will allow you to fall asleep much easier and give your brain time to shut down before it has to then again shut down for sleep. I think there were studies that people who took it too close to bed ( even 4-6 hours before) had very very poor quality sleep. They were asleep but it wasn't really restful for their brain and body. I think this might be why some meth and speed addicts end up looking like they do - their body/brain never really shuts down.

I'd suspect if you allow for a good nights sleep by regimenting like I suggested, it may give you better "protection" from the negative side effects and potentials for paranoia and triggering the schizophrenia. I think this would also help keep the needed dosage lower than what it might be otherwise. All this being said, I'm not a doctor and I'd highly suggest getting advice from them about how to take it.

[Edited on 7-25-2020 by RogueRose]
Yttrium2
Flammable Solid

[*] posted on 25-7-2020 at 13:35

how do stimulants effect schizophrenia? I here the doctors say they can increase paranoia? but how? --

I mean I dont really believe in general anxiety, I always think that there is a reason behind fear, and that people don't get fearful over nothing.
karlos³
International Hazard

[*] posted on 25-7-2020 at 13:41

They start a schizophrenic episode very readily.
Just don't take them.
Yttrium2
Flammable Solid

[*] posted on 25-7-2020 at 13:41

I get fearful that my dream girl is listening through the grapevine

I get fearful that I'm being watched followed, -- albeit a bit irrationally.

The proof is in the pudding - I am going to let this be my final remark. I think I am done with sciencemadness.
karlos³
International Hazard

[*] posted on 25-7-2020 at 13:48

Exactly this is what I meant.
Tsjerk
International Hazard

Mood: Mood

[*] posted on 25-7-2020 at 13:53

Anxiety is a process deeply anchored in the brain, for example many people are afraid of spiders and snakes. That fear is genetically encoded and useful for avoiding dangers situations. But if something goes wrong in that system you can get for example phobia or anxiety disorders. It is just like schizophrenia, something goes wrong in the wiring of the brain.

Stimulants cause psychosis and paranoia because they activate the parts of the brain associated with those processes. They activate the brain, which is the cause of psychosis and paranoia: a too active brain.
Tsjerk
International Hazard

Mood: Mood

[*] posted on 25-7-2020 at 13:57

Most people can handle a bit of stimulants without going crazy, but if you are already experiencing irrational fears and are vulnerable to psychosis they are the last drugs you want to take.
Yttrium2
Flammable Solid

[*] posted on 25-7-2020 at 15:43

Well, it was going to be my last post. One last thought. -- If I am delusional, do the amphetamines just speed up my path to/through the trajectory? I mean antipsychotics will slow me down, but isn't the end scenario still inevitable? I'm not sure if I'm conflating things here, but it seems to me that some things ought to be worked through mentally, amps speed this process up, antipsychotics slow it down.

Slowing me down isn't necessarily more time to think, because I'll be putting less effort forth into my thoughts. Effort counts.
I'm not trying to be argumentative, this is a new thought here that I am posting.

I mean its going to make me more energetic, and if I focus on the bad, or am bad, than the outcome will be bad

I'm meaning to say that
Calming down and forgetting, or should I say, thinking about them less often doesn't make my problems go away.
Eventually things have to be worked through, effort + time. -- effort + time heals a lot. antipsychotics may make me produce less effort, but more time passes... It seems that some things must be thought through, and this is what is takin time and effort.

How *specifically* do antipsychotics/legal stimulants increase/reduce paranoia and delusional thinking?
Antipsychotics -- how do they reduce paranoia/delusional thinking and -- Won't it also hurt forward movement academically?
Yttrium2
Flammable Solid

[*] posted on 25-7-2020 at 15:47

If my thinking leads me to trouble, won't antipsychotics just slow the process down, but not change it?
Syn the Sizer
National Hazard

[*] posted on 25-7-2020 at 16:13

Yttrium2

counseling is more than a pep-talk, yes it is that but it is also so much more. They may help figure out what is causing the learning block and help develop skills to deal with it. Cognitive therapy will help you change the way you view things to put more faith in yourself so you can see you don't need the drugs to make you "better" you are already great and just need to see that in yourself.

To answer your question about who cares, look at all of us trying to convince you, you don't nees them, we obviously care enough for a fellow Mad Scientist to spend our time replying to this thread. If the last post is truly your final post I hope you consider what we have all been saying.
Syn the Sizer
National Hazard

[*] posted on 25-7-2020 at 16:23

If my thinking leads me to trouble, won't antipsychotics just slow the process down, but not change it?

That is a very valid question. You understand chemistry right, you understand that even changing a cation to the one below in the same group can make a difference right, maybe not a big one but a difference. Well our brain is the most intricate O-Chem lab in existence, and unfortunatly if we are lacking in a "reagent" our factory doesn't stop, it will replace it with an analogue or a similar reagent or run with a deficiency.

What medication does is replace the deficiency or at very least give the lab a derivative or precursor to what we are missing. Sometimes that part of the brain is damaged from voluntary or involuntary causes and you need a new reagent to compensate for what will never be there again.

Sometimes it is a process to find the right medication but it will make you feel better.
RogueRose
International Hazard

[*] posted on 25-7-2020 at 16:38

Well, it was going to be my last post. One last thought. -- If I am delusional, do the amphetamines just speed up my path to/through the trajectory? I mean antipsychotics will slow me down, but isn't the end scenario still inevitable? I'm not sure if I'm conflating things here, but it seems to me that some things ought to be worked through mentally, amps speed this process up, antipsychotics slow it down.

Slowing me down isn't necessarily more time to think, because I'll be putting less effort forth into my thoughts. Effort counts.
I'm not trying to be argumentative, this is a new thought here that I am posting.

I mean its going to make me more energetic, and if I focus on the bad, or am bad, than the outcome will be bad

I'm meaning to say that
Calming down and forgetting, or should I say, thinking about them less often doesn't make my problems go away.
Eventually things have to be worked through, effort + time. -- effort + time heals a lot. antipsychotics may make me produce less effort, but more time passes... It seems that some things must be thought through, and this is what is takin time and effort.

How *specifically* do antipsychotics/legal stimulants increase/reduce paranoia and delusional thinking?
Antipsychotics -- how do they reduce paranoia/delusional thinking and -- Won't it also hurt forward movement academically?

If you have a tendency to schizophrenia, paranoia, or whatever, amphetamines will basically open doors or create possibilities where it will be allowed to accellerate. Think about stewing over something that makes you really angry while on speed - you get even angrier. Now think about doing the same with schizo/paranoia - it makes it worse and exacerbates it.

Why don't you go read some medical stuff about this. Everyone here here has been EXPLICITY clear that it is a very bad idea, but you keep asking "why". DO you think this is a medical advice board? You came here asking how to trick the doctor into prescribing you meds and it has evolved into this. This is ridiculous at this point.
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top