Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7
Author: Subject: 2020 Secret Santa [tell everyone how it went]
violet sin
International Hazard

Mood: Good

[*] posted on 27-1-2021 at 21:04

SANTA VISITED today :D I've a couple mystery vials to figure out too! a pair of metal samples Sm & Ce ... thank you, thank you, thank you. two examples of some fine clam shells, all beautifully pink inside and rather large; the freshwater clams around here are 2" at best. i got a lump of coal, awesome, it split in half while i was looking at it, maybe a rubber band or two will turn it from defect to a bonus feature :) there was some beautiful hot oil (i LOVE HOT peppers) and a nice jovial letter included.

I did not mind waiting, things are now more challenging, please have no worry I've been stewing about it. these gifts were wonderful, carefully chosen, and a candle in times of darkness... fully appreciated and I am thankful for the time and effort that went into this mystery parcel. I love the members here, the names aren't always the same, but there's a common vein of generosity I have enjoyed since I first signed up. Don't change people, your awesome!

I'll update with some pics this evening when the chaos settles. My offspring are dismantlers of sequential, logical thought. Again, thank you SO much!

IMG_20210127_180004046.jpg - 2.1MB IMG_20210127_175847322.jpg - 2.6MB IMG_20210127_175951426.jpg - 2.8MB

Forgive the rough hands, we are worn. Long day at work, moving in a ton of boxes at the warehouse. Somewhere around 1,200-1,400 from the 48' cargo container today. A few less last Wednesday. Warehouse is FULL.

[Edited on 28-1-2021 by violet sin]
arkoma
Redneck Overlord

Mood: украї́нська

[*] posted on 27-1-2021 at 21:31

That Sichuan pepper oil IS awesome. My Santa last year brought me a bottle, and it was a sad day when it finally ran out a couple months ago.

"We believe the knowledge and cultural heritage of mankind should be accessible to all people around the world, regardless of their wealth, social status, nationality, citizenship, etc" z-lib

MadHatter
International Hazard

Mood: Enjoying retirement

[*] posted on 30-1-2021 at 11:27
Slow Motion Delivery

Has everybody got caught up on their Secret
Santa ? I know that COVID-19 really screwed
things up but some of it was ridiculous. A
card my Dad sent me a week before Christmas
arrived on JANUARY 25. 2 days later my brother
received my "bear treat" card. Both are only
500 miles from me. I sent out 16 of those
cards in all to family and Secret Santa members
here on the board.

So I hope everybody has finally gotten caught up !

From opening of NCIS New Orleans - It goes a BOOM ! BOOM ! BOOM ! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !
violet sin
International Hazard

Mood: Good

[*] posted on 30-1-2021 at 13:27

I believe I was the last to receive, Mr. Senior elf: j_sum1 said my reindeer was the last circling, just a couple days ago. Then the parcel showed the following day or so, and was joyfully received :) still trying to discern my Santa, so some u2u's may get sent about.
DraconicAcid
International Hazard

Mood: Semi-victorious.

[*] posted on 1-2-2021 at 18:40

Ooohh!!!! Oooohhhh! I just received a small packet of metallic vanadium crystals from my secret Santa! Very pretty!

Thank you, Santa!

Please remember: "Filtrate" is not a verb.
Write up your lab reports the way your instructor wants them, not the way your ex-instructor wants them.
j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 1-2-2021 at 23:23

On a personal note, I am delighted with how SS has gone this year. It has been a trying time. There have been stressful moments when it has been a while between items of positive news. It has given me a lift every time someone has reported being excited about this event or gotten something cool in the mail.
So, thanks everyone. Such a great group of guys (and gals) to be a part of.
Texium
Administrator
Thread Untopped
1-5-2021 at 17:24
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7

Go To Top