Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Real sassafras oil from roots!
ChemichaelRXN
Hazard to Others

Mood: Universal Eye

[*] posted on 28-10-2020 at 22:09

I dont do anything with anything scheduled, but if you were to get every last drop, Id extract the steam distillate with chloroform and then rotovap it. Not worth it to make anything illegal for me because I am an innovator and come up with new compounds. Every so often you can find these rotovaps for incredibly cheap...i think I only paid 145CAD for my first one and it came with a condenser surprisingly. You can make a setup like this and they are very handy for the odd project.

I was doing a reaction recently with DCC as the catalyst and joining GABA and phenethylamine to form an amide. Called N-GABA-phenethylamine...maybe I will make another thread about it. Not sure about bioactivity...just for research.

648981C1-9873-4B82-B5A8-357E8F408027.jpeg - 86kB

You are the same perception looking out, from the same elements around the universe.

You are everything to be anything to begin with.

Https://you-are.space
Https://syntharise.com
chemist1243
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 29-10-2020 at 06:57

That is incredible work. I’m not skilled enough to synthesize organic compounds like these by myself, but I aspire to one day be able to. As insignificant as it may be from someone like me, I’d like to say that I have a lot of respect for this kind of chemistry. Bravo, Sir!
ChemichaelRXN
Hazard to Others

Mood: Universal Eye

[*] posted on 29-10-2020 at 09:16

Thanks, I appreciate it. I strive to do more, but I am usually in a state of feeling miserable from a heavy buzzing in the mind and other symptoms. (Glad I can work from my home office at least or I’d be on disability.) Lets hope XRP goes up in value and maybe I can retire early...I am sure as f*** i wont get a dollar from some group of parasites that attacked me when younger and took my intellectual property. Lol

Anyway, the sassafras root makes a nice aromatic pendant too...just an idea. (Sort of like an accolade)

Back on topic...sorry!

[Edited on 29-10-2020 by ChemichaelRXN]

5207A099-DE66-4BE4-A87B-AB34E2A335A7.jpeg - 127kB

You are the same perception looking out, from the same elements around the universe.

You are everything to be anything to begin with.

Https://you-are.space
Https://syntharise.com
Mateo_swe
National Hazard

[*] posted on 2-11-2020 at 12:47

Im trying an experiment and see if i can get some safrole oil out of dried leaves from my Piper Auritum plants.
The leaves have been saved as they fall off since spring and were dried but they still smell strongly of licorice so i thought it might be worth a try.
I crushed the leaves in a big clay mortar and pestle thing and the licorice smell was very strong, made me sneeze repeatedly.
I managed to get 130 grams of dry leaf material that i hydro distilled with an attached clevenger device.
To my disappointment i managed only to get very little oil, i guess maybe 2 grams/ml.
It smells strongly of a smell that could potentially be root-beer or safrole. I have never tasted or smelled root beer nor have i smelled the aroma of safrole before.
Its a too small volume for any fractional distillation so i will save it and try another steam distillation when i saved up some more leaf material.
This time i think i put the leaves in the freezer after they fall to better preserve the oil.
Piper Auritum leaf oil have between 65 to 93% safrole content according to included paper and the fresh leaves have about 0.2% oil.
The grow conditions probably matter a lot and i have no clue if drying the leaves is bad or if it doesnt matter.
From my results it seems drying the leaves isnt good.

Attachment: Essential Oils from Neotropical Piper Species and Their Biological Activities.pdf (3.7MB)
This file has been downloaded 238 times

karlos³
International Hazard

Mood: oxazolidinic 8)

[*] posted on 2-11-2020 at 13:43

You're familiar with this thread?
Here: http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=90636
2g is around that what I would have expected from that quantity of plant material ;)
Mateo_swe
National Hazard

[*] posted on 4-11-2020 at 12:55

I have seen that thread but not before i started the experiment.
I thought there would be more than 2grams from that material but it seem to be around the same % that the other guy in the thread you linked above got too.
There is a better Piper variant but its rare.
Piper aduncum is quite common and maybe has more oil but has dillapiole not safrole.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top