Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Middle Man/company to buy chemicals from? Starting a business?
chemchemical
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 27-2-2011 at 00:10
Middle Man/company to buy chemicals from? Starting a business?

I know this will probably get flagged but I do not yet have the ability to register a company in order to order chemicals from.

Basically the project I was working on as a graduate student has skyrocketed into a booming supplement business (even though the amount you need to consume for activity is not physically possible).
Since I technically have ownership to a few analogues which have published results, I would like to start manufacturing them for profit. The only problem is I do not have company to purchase the starting material, and I do not want to invest in creating a company until I am sure that it will be profitable.

I'm curious if there are any business owners out there who would be able to purchase the chemicals for me? I am willing to buy them at a high mark-up price (my credit is too poor to take out loans). I'm basically trying to start small, if it becomes profitable enough I can then expand.

If you have other ideas on how to get a business started, please let me know, as I could make a fortune using my synthetic route to make these supplements. I was basically going to get the starting material, synth them, and them sell them through a popular auction site until I get my own website built.

Please no lectures on the dangers.
Feel free to PM me if you are in a position to buy various chemicals for a large profit (obviously it will only be for a short time until I get up and running)

thank you
spirocycle
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 27-2-2011 at 07:01

what kind of chemicals do you want to sell?
Chordate
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 27-2-2011 at 13:25

What you need to do is write a business plan, incorporate, and then attempt to get a small business loan or some venture capital in order to be able to start this business. You will probably benefit from talking to someone with direct experience in this field. Unfortunately that means business majors most of the time...

Then, if it winds up being not profitable, you can just shut your doors and liquidate your assets, and have the business declare bankruptcy if necessary.
ketadd
Harmless

[*] posted on 27-2-2011 at 15:26

Supplement business is very tough. You have to educate yourself on all legalities and especially insurance. I was on that business for a while and my advice to you is to start small. Best thing is to patent your process/ or product and let the big boys buy you out instead of having to deal with the nightmare of distribution. Good luck.
postart
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 2-3-2011 at 12:15

Sometimes a patent can cost as much as the corperation. You can incorperate for $50 online. Once you do that you have a verifiable buisiness that chemical companies will sell to. There are many chemical supply houses that will sell any legal chemical to the public. If you ask SWIM though this reeks of chemical diversion.
postart
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 2-3-2011 at 12:27

CHEMCHEMICAL- YOUR BUSTED!
I searched your posts and guess what this poor buisnessman is up to.

Here's your quote about making ecstacy MDMA:

Posted below is the link to the paper on the double N-methylation of a piperine derivative, I posted it before in this same thread.

And here your asking about manganese dioxide perhapse for a Meth tube funace:

I was going to use it to oxidize a hyroxy to ketone

Just as I thaught your soliciting for a gulible chemist to divert chemicals for you at high markups! Why don't you go for a SWIM.

[Edited on 2-3-2011 by postart]
Contrabasso
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 2-3-2011 at 12:28

Quote "a booming supplement business (even though the amount you need to consume for activity is not physically possible)."

You say you have a good product, then say it can't work! Sounds like a fraud to me.

For any product that you want to be taken internally you must prove that it is SAFE and probably get FDA approval. For anything that is meant to be performance enhancing you will ALWAYS be on the edge of illegal narcotics legislation, trying to stay legal.

Chemical supplies are the LAST of your problems after you have sorted the business model and all the legal issues. Then it's still a fraud cos you say it doesn't work
ketadd
Harmless

[*] posted on 3-3-2011 at 20:48

If you plan on producing X, this is no way to go about getting chems. Not sure if it's true, but you should never get others involved, whether they know it or not.
Mildronate
Hazard to Others

Mood: Ruido sintetico

[*] posted on 11-8-2011 at 02:06

Science Aliance :D :D
#maverick#
Hazard to Others

Mood: hybridised

[*] posted on 11-8-2011 at 07:55

actually for supplements you dont need fda approval, i remember a company a while back was sneaking 17β-Hydroxy-2α,17α-dimethyl-5α-androstane-3-one into its protein powders ;)
Quote: Originally posted by Contrabasso  
Quote "a booming supplement business (even though the amount you need to consume for activity is not physically possible)."

You say you have a good product, then say it can't work! Sounds like a fraud to me.

For any product that you want to be taken internally you must prove that it is SAFE and probably get FDA approval. For anything that is meant to be performance enhancing you will ALWAYS be on the edge of illegal narcotics legislation, trying to stay legal.

kryss
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 12-8-2011 at 14:12

Try the Dragons Den!

Go To Top