Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  30
Author: Subject: Science equipment looking for a home
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 28-2-2011 at 20:54
Science equipment looking for a home

I am helping to clear out some equipment left by a small biotech company that went bust and owed a friend some money. They left him a pile of equipment instead.

There is a wide variety of mostly used glassware and a little new. There are all sizes of beakers, erlenmeyers, filter flasks, crystallizing dishes, 14/20 and 24/40 glassware of all types, and much more. The items that I have a lot of I am trying to sell on Ebay, but I have a lot of odd items and single pieces that are hard to even describe, and a lot of work to list for one or two items. I am happy to sell the items at a low cost, about 1/4 of new or below any other Ebay price. If anyone are interested in more info, please send me an email at craigslistinnc@gmail.com for a partial list of what I have inventoried so far and a desired sale price. But you can also just ask me if I have something, and I'll let you know if I have it.

Shipping would be actual costs from NC. I think this can help independent scientists, and well as help me recover some of my friends money. Thanks,

Bob
Sedit
International Hazard

Mood: Manic Expressive

[*] posted on 28-2-2011 at 21:55

If your willing to sell cheep and negotiate would you mind posting a link to the Ebay stuff for further study? Im kind of in the market for glassware right now but my mind is torn between my uncontrolable urge to spend money and the things I really need to complete a ceramic project im hell bent on.

I want to see photos of a decent distillation/reflux setup that I would be able to expand on at a later date. This is my main desire for glassware as this is what I have wanted since I was around 9 years old. Instead I have always just improvised which I got rather good at. Im older and less broker :). Whatcha got cheep?

Knowledge is useless to useless people...

"I see a lot of patterns in our behavior as a nation that parallel a lot of other historical processes. The fall of Rome, the fall of Germany — the fall of the ruling country, the people who think they can do whatever they want without anybody else's consent. I've seen this story before."~Maynard James Keenan
Arthur Dent
National Hazard

Mood: entropic

[*] posted on 1-3-2011 at 07:10

I might be interested in some of the ground glass labware, in particular any and all adapters from 24/40 to 19/38 to 14/20 and any combination of the three. And perhaps taper thermometer adapters in teflon or glass. Thanks for the offer and let me know! :D

Robert

--- Art is making something out of nothing and selling it. - Frank Zappa ---
skweeck
Harmless

[*] posted on 4-3-2011 at 15:18

Hello i am in the market for cheap beakers and filtering flasks!

ps To Sedit : tool is my favorite band lol just in case you cared heh
Melgar
Anti-Spam Agent

Mood: Estrified

[*] posted on 4-3-2011 at 17:10

I'm needing a buchner funnel and flask. I already have a flask, but it's really small, and I don't have a funnel to go with it. Also, one of those ring stands, but with a clamp that can hold a condenser instead of a ring. Oh yeah, and a pair of 24/40 flasks to go on the ends of my distillation setup. Possibly a few stirrer magnets, and I suppose a vacuum aspirator would be really nice. Some really small, like 50 mL, beakers or flasks would be nice too, since all mine are quite big.

I think I ought to leave it at that for now. Oh yeah, and everything I listed is roughly in order of what I need most, to what I could do without for quite a while.

Hope this deal ends up working out. :)
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 5-3-2011 at 21:00

Quote: Originally posted by skweeck  
Hello i am in the market for cheap beakers and filtering flasks!

ps To Sedit : tool is my favorite band lol just in case you cared heh

I have put some of the simpler glassware on Amazon. I have sets of beakers, erlenmeyers, filter flasks, and grad cyl. for sale there. The links are below. I can also sell any of the items separately, but for small items, the shipping costs gets higher than the item.

If people are interested in 14/20 or 24/40 stuff, send me a list of what you want, and I can try to give a price. I am trying to create a list, but there is an endless amount of stuff, so it is slow to get done. I welcome feedback on what people would like, but it is taking me some time to get a list together.

Bob

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004OA25XC/ref=dp_olp...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004O9X2TO/ref=sr_1_1...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0018QJL3C/ref=sr_1_1...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B003MYVV9U/ref=sr_1_1...
smaerd
International Hazard

Mood: hmm...

[*] posted on 5-3-2011 at 21:21

He's legitimate. I can vouch.
nitric
Harmless

Mood: nitrous

[*] posted on 5-3-2011 at 23:07

If you can post photos of the ground glass joint glassware it would be easier to see if there is anything anyone wants.
Intergalactic_Captain
Hazard to Others

Mood: frabjous

[*] posted on 6-3-2011 at 01:00

This sounds like a perfect opportunity - I've been wanting a 14/20 setup ever since I pieced together my 19/22 stuff - Always thought bigger was better, but for most of what I do my glassware is TOO big.

...I'll add to the choir and request a list of what you've got for sale - Or pictures... In particular, I'm interested in something like a basic "distillation kit" in 14/20, one and two neck flasks in 50-250mL (doesn't really matter if it's cheap)... Odds and ends are easy to find, but a decent 14/20 setup at a decent price has proved quite elusive over the years - Piss easy to find 24/40 and some 19/22 gear, but smaller is much tougher to find...

If you see me running, try to keep up.
bwpatton1
Harmless

[*] posted on 7-3-2011 at 16:30

I might be interested in some of the equipment as I am just getting into this passion and am setting up my lab soon. I would also be interested in a list of items and possible prices.
MrHomeScientist
International Hazard

[*] posted on 8-3-2011 at 09:28

Count me in for wanting a list of items. I'm in the market for a simple, all ground glass distillation kit (probably 24/40), and a nice sep funnel in particular, but I'd like to see what else you've got in stock.
bugler
Harmless

[*] posted on 9-3-2011 at 06:20

Also interested in list. What about in person pickup/shopping? Might be spending a few days in the RTP area soonish....
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 10-3-2011 at 20:30
Glassware for sale

Here is a basic list of the glassware. I got it small enough to attach directly. This is only a part of the materials, I am still going through boxes. Most things listed are in very good condition, but I have some new stuff, some like new, and some only good. I am not selling any chipped or cracked glassware.

The list price is just a catalog price, I have created a sale price at 1/2 to 1/4 of the list price. In addition, if people want more items, I can give a overall discount. As well, the shipping is much more reasonable for multiple items. If you want things in the list, just send me a list and I will try to create a quote and estimate shipping costs. Then I can list it on Amazon, Ebay or Paypal. I am open to people in the NC area picking up items as well.

I have shipped items to several people from here, as well as sold a number of items on Amazon recently. Maybe once they have received them they can post a note giving their feedback. I would appreciate that.

Let me know if you have specific questions.

Attachment: Glassware Inventory.xls (37kB)
This file has been downloaded 2772 times

Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 10-3-2011 at 20:33

Quote: Originally posted by nitric  
If you can post photos of the ground glass joint glassware it would be easier to see if there is anything anyone wants.

I have tried to put links to the Chemglass photos/diagrams for the ground glass items in the Excel file. If you have specific questions, I will try to take a photo, but I have been somewhat inundated lately, so it is taking me a little while to respond to people, so I am sorry for that.

Bob
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 14-3-2011 at 19:05
Photos of condensers

Here is a Word file with a few photos of some condensers. I will try a few more after this.

Bob

Attachment: Photos of condensers.doc (1.6MB)
This file has been downloaded 2146 times

Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 14-3-2011 at 19:38
Photos of some distillation heads

Here is a Word file with a few photos of some distillation heads.

Bob

Attachment: Photos Dist heads and claisen.doc (1.8MB)
This file has been downloaded 1987 times

jimwig
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 15-3-2011 at 15:39
equipment found a home

science (chem) equipment found a home.... the dea.....

craZy jiM wGGns

--packrat, professional bum. -- once just tired
now REtired.
MrHomeScientist
International Hazard

[*] posted on 16-3-2011 at 07:21

Quote: Originally posted by jimwig  
science (chem) equipment found a home.... the dea.....

What's this all about?
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 16-3-2011 at 19:17
Glassware for sale

Here are some vacuum inlet adapters in 24/40

Attachment: Photos of vacuum inlets.doc (1.6MB)
This file has been downloaded 1843 times

Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 16-3-2011 at 19:52
Glassware for sale

Here is another few photos. If someone has a better solution to let me post or annotate photos, I am open to suggestions. I am used to Amazon which already has photos of most books.

Bob

Attachment: Photos of some 24-40 dist apparatus.doc (1.6MB)
This file has been downloaded 1902 times

Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 16-3-2011 at 19:56
Glassware for sale

Here are two one piece distillation heads.

Attachment: Photos of one piece dist apparatus.doc (1.6MB)
This file has been downloaded 1798 times

init 1
Harmless

[*] posted on 17-3-2011 at 04:48
Post order impressions.

I've been lurking for a while, keeping quiet as I felt like too much of a newbie to have anything useful to say. I am tinkering with chemistry as a hobby, and I have been buying stuff from eBay, but I decided to e-mail Dr.Bob and did end up purchasing a few pieces to learn with.

My experience working with him has been very good; I wish I had bought from him before buying some of my stuff on eBay. I received my packages yesterday. I can snap some pics if any one wants to see what I received, but the condition of the equipment is much better than many of the auction I have won. The equipment I purchased is used, and there are some minor discolorations on a couple pieces, but I considered that par for the course. The one I noticed in particular looks like a mild hard water stain, but almost everything won in auctions was in similar condition at best and usually MUCH worse.

I am looking at a second order, and although I fear he may sell out on some of the stuff before I can buy it, I would recommend that anyone who is hesitant should just email him. He's a nice guy and answered a few of my newbie questions.

I ordered several sizes of flasks and beakers, and he discounted the price further, so he may negotiate or discount an order if you are buying several. The postage charged was on-target for the price the post office charged him, and the items were very well packed. Two big boxes made it cross-country with no problems, despite some "exceptional" USPS employee leaving a footprint on the box.

I know that the first post of a lurker is a less than ideal as a reference, but I can answer any questions about my experience. Hopefully an established member will order and confirm my impressions, I guess I should have unlurked earlier.

I know I am ling winded, another reason I have waited so long, but if anyone has made it this far I could use some advice as to which of the joint sizes I should choose. Up till now I have just been buying 24/40, but I don't have a huge amount, and I get the impression the 14/20 may be better for a hobby tinkerer like me. Can anyone suggest a criteria to determine which way to go? I only intend on buying one, don't have room for multiple unfortunately.
SHADYCHASE54
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 19-3-2011 at 20:48

I can also vouche for Dr.Bob if you are wanting some items get em while the getting is good. He is a very nice guy who has been very helpful in putting my order together. I was a little hesitant in that my order exceeds $125.00 I was going to split it up into two orders in that I didn't know him and a private buy lacks buyer protection. Within a few hours of sending him a note stating my issues he offered to post my buy through ebay allowing me to qualify under ebay buyer protection. This guy is legit and an absolute pleasure to deal with so as I said get it while the gettings good!

SHADYCHASE54
MrHomeScientist
International Hazard

[*] posted on 4-4-2011 at 20:47

One more positive reference for Dr.Bob from me!

I just completed a >$200 order with him, and it all went very smoothly. Great communication throughout, and very accommodating of my many changes and last minute additions :) I got a mix of new and used glass. The used stuff is a bit scratched up, but still perfectly functional and the price is definitely right.

When I got my package everything was packed very well, especially considering the random shapes and sized of the stuff I wanted. Only two flasks were cracked, and he promptly sent me some replacements. He also threw in a number of other goodies to fill up space in the box, which was extremely generous.

Definitely a great person to deal with, and an awesome opportunity for me to flesh out my glassware supplies with some much-needed equipment! Thanks! :D
bwpatton1
Harmless

[*] posted on 5-4-2011 at 13:26

Yet another positive refrence for Dr. Bob!

My order arrived yesterday and everything was in wonderful condition. Shipping was excellent, every item was carefully wrapped. At prices that cant be beat, I may just have to order some more stuff from him! Get it while its still available.
 Pages:  1    3  ..  30

Go To Top