Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  30
Author: Subject: Science equipment looking for a home
weldit
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 20-8-2011 at 19:33

Would you happen to have a cow adapter 24/40?
They are hard to find used and it would make vacuum distillations so much less work.
sternman318
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 21-8-2011 at 17:45

Recently recieved an order of 14/20 glassware from Dr. Bob. He is absolutely wonderful to deal with! Very helpful/ flexible, UNBELEIVABLE prices, throws in extras, ships it well- highly recommended!!
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 28-8-2011 at 17:45

Here is a newer list of glassware. I have sold a lot recently, so thank you to everyone who has bought items.

I am out of 500 and 1000 ml 24/40 rbfs, most sizes of beakers other than small and 2000 ml, 125, and 250 ml Erlenmeyer flasks, and a few other things. I still have a lot of 14/20 items (see previous posts for photos) and a fair amount of 24/40 distillation equipment.

I also just found a box of Dewar flasks, some small, medium and large, short form ones, and a variety of diameters in tall ones like for vacuum traps. I haven't figured out prices yet, but I will add them shortly. I also have a few traps with them, some are quite large.

Bob

Attachment: Glassware Inventory.xls (48kB)
This file has been downloaded 1250 times

#maverick#
Hazard to Others

Mood: hybridised

[*] posted on 28-8-2011 at 17:58

do you have any sample vials with screw tops, preferrably glass

[Edited on 29-8-2011 by #maverick#]

mr.crow
National Hazard

Mood: 0xFF

[*] posted on 7-9-2011 at 20:44

Dr Bob is awesome. Buying tons of stuff from him

Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and caldron bubble
Domo_Kun
Harmless

[*] posted on 25-9-2011 at 05:42

Don't imagine you have anything left?
Claudie
Harmless

[*] posted on 6-10-2011 at 16:49

Dr. Bob,
Do you have any of the 2000 ml beakers left?

Are you gonna eat that?
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 31-10-2011 at 18:52
Glassware Inventory Update

I still have lots of 14/20 glassware available, including kits of an assortment of flasks from 10-250 ml, adapters, condenser, etc for $80-100 each. Plus I have lots of odd bits of 14/20 left.

I have very few 24/40 flasks left, but some adapters and other pieces. I have some 2 and 3 L 24/40 and larger joint one necks left, a few 1 and 2 liter 2 or 3 necks, and lots of odd pieces left.

I still have lots of filter flasks, buchner funnels, some sized erlemeyers, dewars, traps, crystallizing dishes, vol. flasks, and much more. The latest list is attached. If interested, please send me a U2U or email me at craigslistinnc at gmail dot com.

I also have a few biology items, like plastic petri dishes, plastic pipette tips, multi well plates, etc as well.

I have lot of other items, like chromatographic columns, which are harder to describe, since they are not very standardized. But if you are looking for something, let me know and I will let you know if I have it.

Thanks,

Bob

Attachment: Glassware Inventory.xls (48kB)
This file has been downloaded 1194 times

Roachburn
Harmless

[*] posted on 1-11-2011 at 22:11

do you have any distillation sets or condensers by themselves?
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 2-11-2011 at 09:54

I can sell any individual parts by themselves, just let me know what you need, if I have it, I can sell it. I only have a few 24/40 condensers left that are not part of more complex pieces, but I am happy to sell them as a single piece. I have a larger assortment of 14/20 glassware, including a few types of condensers. I only mentioned the kits as many people want to buy a whole set of glassware, and the shipping is much cheaper to buy one whole box of stuff than a bunch of individual items one at a time. But I am flexible on selling stuff. Whatever gets it out of my way is good.

Bob
Roachburn
Harmless

[*] posted on 3-11-2011 at 18:44

I didnt see a full set from what you had on the list. I'm looking for 24/40 distillation setup with a liebig or similar condenser.
If you happen to have a condenser 24/40 and still have items # 213 and 223 and a couple 500- 1000ml flasks (round or flat) to fit the setup I would buy it. approximately how much for these items and shipping to New Mexico USA if you do have them? Also, are you on ebay? where are you selling from. Thanks a bunch.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 4-11-2011 at 06:35
24/40 setups

I do have some 24/40 left, I have been making setups for people to their specs, but an entire 24/40 basic kit would be about $100. The main problem is that most of the dist. heads that I have left are for a 10/30 thermometer, which I don't have any of, but they are available on Ebay.

I can list things on Ebay, but that adds a lot in fees, so I usually just negotiate an order via email, then figure the actual shipping and do the transactions via Paypal. Shipping for a 4 lb box to NM would be about $12, that would hold a basic 24/40 setup, with more flasks, it would go up about $2 per pound. I do have a few condensers left, but not a large selection anymore.

Bob
Harmless

[*] posted on 12-1-2012 at 16:15

Are you willing to ship to the UK?
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-1-2012 at 07:12

Yes, I can ship smaller items to the UK. For packages under 4 pounds, the cost is $14 for the 1st pound up to $32 for 4 lbs. Larger items are about $7 per pound, but customs are much easier for under 4 lbs.

What most people have found worth shipping overseas is smaller RB flasks, most 14/20 stuff, some 24/40 items, small sep. funnels, and other smaller items. I have shipped entire 14/20 setups for under $30, which is still a bargain compares to some places.

Beakers, erlenmeyers, filter flasks, and metals items usually end up being too expensive to ship compared to buying from the UK.

I have been trying to update my lists and photos, but have been too busy shipping stuff to get it done very quickly. But I still have a lot of glassware, lots of erlenmeyers, volumetrics, filter flasks, 14/20 flasks, distillation apparatus, chromatography glassware, and much, much more. I also found some larger 29/42 flasks, distillation adapters and condensers recently, if anyone is interested in larger scale glassware. I still have a fair amount of 24/40 adapters, but very few 24/40 flasks left, only a few, mostly 50 ml ones, and a couple of other random ones.
AirCowPeaCock
Hazard to Others

Mood: Hazardous

[*] posted on 13-1-2012 at 08:29

How much for your smallest distillation apparatus? How much for a 200 ml filter flask? How about a buchner funnel?

BOLD

Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-1-2012 at 10:37

If you go back about 8 posts, there is a list of item and prices in a spreadsheet. Note that most of this glassware is used, but I do have some new items, let me know if you have a preference. I ship the best used item that I have left in any category, so the first orders get the best stuff. And shipping is based on real costs, so it is not unreasonable, and there is only a small incremental cost for more items. I also give discounts for larger orders or multiples of an item.

I have been selling 14/20 setups with 5 single necks (10-250 ml) one or two 2 or 3 necks flasks (I have a variety), all of the usual adapters for vacuum distillations, a condenser or two, and a few other items for $100. Since I have a bunch of stuff, I can customize it to whatever you want, or if you don't know exactly what you want, I can provide a kit of basic stuff with a variety of items. If you want more or less, I can scale it to include more flasks, extra distillation pieces (like cow or bull fraction collectors, short paths, etc), different condensers, or other special pieces. Let me know what you want, and I can tell you the cost.

And a used 250 ml filter flask is $4 and Buchners are between $3 and $20, depending on size.
smaerd
International Hazard

Mood: hmm...

[*] posted on 13-1-2012 at 17:11

I've probably spent 400$ with the guy so far and all I can say is incredible value, prompt delivery, good quality, and REALLY generous.

I know he's got plenty of vouches for him and I've vouched for him before, but if you're planning on making an order for general lab supplies you'll regret not checking with him first! Not trying to advertise but he's helped me out so much I figure the least I can do is give the guy some praise.

#maverick#
Hazard to Others

Mood: hybridised

[*] posted on 16-1-2012 at 08:25

Quote: Originally posted by smaerd  
I've probably spent 400$ with the guy so far and all I can say is incredible value, prompt delivery, good quality, and REALLY generous.

I know he's got plenty of vouches for him and I've vouched for him before, but if you're planning on making an order for general lab supplies you'll regret not checking with him first! Not trying to advertise but he's helped me out so much I figure the least I can do is give the guy some praise.

same i can vouch made multiple orders valuing 300+ easy to work with and reasonable price overall an amazing seller!!!

Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 21-1-2012 at 09:38

Here is a new listing of what is left. I am mostly out of smaller one neck RBFs in 24/40 except for 50 ml. I have also mostly run out of larger heating mantles (1 L and over). I still have lots of 14/20 flasks, erlenmeyer flasks, filter flasks, grad. cyl. and volumetric flasks. I have plenty of 24/40 adapters and complex flasks left, but am out of some items. I have a number of addition funnels left, having found another box of them, as well as many sep funnels in smaller sizes, but I am running out of larger size ones.

I have gathered up a bunch of 29/42 items together, I have nearly an entire dist. kit, with many flasks (mostly multineck, but a few one necks), most of the adapters needed for distillations, one or two addition funnels, a few condensers and vigreux columns, and many more bits and pieces. I will try to post a photo or two shortly. I would love to sell the entire package as a lot of glassware, if anyone is interested. I have sold a few pieces here and there, but it makes more sense to keep it all together if someone wants to set up a large distillation kit or maybe a still for their biofuel... I am working to get a list and photos, but just wanted to mention it.

Thanks to everyone for their help with cleaning this out of my basement and garage, the pile is starting to get smaller, which is why I am finally getting to the last boxes to sort through. My friend, who lost his job but got to keep the glassware, is also happy, as he has gotten quite a bit back from this towards his retirement. If anyone has read the book "Excuse me sir, would you like to buy a kilo of isopropyl bromide?", then you will have a feeling for him, as he worked with Max Gergel on several ventures, and had a very interesting time, but it did not pay well. But he is a great chemist and is still doing well, although he recently lost his wife of 50+ years.

Bob

Attachment: Glassware Inventory.xls (51kB)
This file has been downloaded 1034 times
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 21-1-2012 at 10:23

Here are a few photos of some of the 29/42 glassware I have.

Not the top condenser in the second photo is broken, but still useable. This is only some of the adapters, I have more claisens and inlet adapters, many more larger flasks, with one and multiple necks, and much more not shown. I am happy to sell single pieces, a portion of it, or everything I have in one big sale. The more you want, the better the price I can do per item. The basic adapters I will sell for $20 each, the simple condensers for $25 each, and the flasks for the same price as a 24/40 one neck of the same size. The one condenser is a inside coil and outside jacket, it lists for $250 alone, I would do for $50. for an example, see http://www.chemglass.com/product_view.asp?pnr=CG-1215-A

But for example, if someone wanted all of the glassware in the 2 photos, I would be willing to sell that for about $250, and if you wanted that plus more and some larger flasks, I can create an even larger kit for a good price.

First come, first serve, except I have people who have asked about one part or two already, so if that sells before you ask, I would have to honor the previous buyer.

Bob

DSCN0172-smallerrot.JPG - 356kB DSCN0180-smallerrot.JPG - 429kB
Mirage
Harmless

Mood: Superheated

[*] posted on 1-2-2012 at 22:45

An awesome seller! I totally recommend Dr. Bob. He responded quickly to my U2Us despite the difference in time zone, kept me up to date on my order, great deal and a couple freebies/schwag! The prices are phenomenal, and he has a great selection! Like ordering from elemental scientific, but good Customer Service, and even better prices. If anything in your lab is cracked/broken, now is the time to buy!

Sincerely
Mirage
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 2-2-2012 at 04:42

NOTE: The 29/42 glassware setup has been sold now. All I have left in 29/42 is a few larger flasks, mostly multineck ones.

Next up is a set of random 19/22 items, which are NOT a complete distillation setup, but would be a good addition to an existing one. I will sell the entire lot for $100, OBO plus about $10 shipping. There are about 10 flasks, a distillation head, several separate adapters, several condensers, a Dean Stark trap, and more. The long condenser has a 19/22 to 14/20 reducing adapter stuck in the top, might be able to remove it, might not. Not even sure what a few items are for. But it can all be yours for a song. If you want just part of this, I will sell individual parts if no one wants the whole lot.

19-22 glassware.JPG - 47kB

PS. One note on another topic: You MUST use a power controller of some sort with a heating mantle, to keep it from overheating. I have had a number of people ask me about buying heating mantles, and several were not aware of this. I will try to post a more detailed thread on this, along with some ideas for low costs ones once i have a few minutes. If anyone here has built there own, I would appreciate your thoughts on this topic.

Bob

[Edited on 2-2-2012 by Dr.Bob]
Arthur Dent
National Hazard

Mood: entropic

[*] posted on 2-2-2012 at 05:06

Quote: Originally posted by Dr.Bob  

PS. One note on another topic: You MUST use a power controller of some sort with a heating mantle, to keep it from overheating. I have had a number of people ask me about buying heating mantles, and several were not aware of this. I will try to post a more detailed thread on this, along with some ideas for low costs ones once i have a few minutes. If anyone here has built there own, I would appreciate your thoughts on this topic.

Bob

As you mentioned, this comment will also be for the upcoming heating mantle thread... I have seen 1000 watt and 2000watt standard rotary dimmers made by Leviton and Lutron at specialty electrical stores, could these be used for a standard mantle?

Robert

--- Art is making something out of nothing and selling it. - Frank Zappa ---
Neil
National Hazard

[*] posted on 2-2-2012 at 05:35

I rigged a regular light dimmer to a outlet and put the whole thing on a cord with a LED indicator.

So far it works great - there are papers from university profs who got ticked off about the cost of variacs and switched to dimmers.

In theory you do loose some definition in the lower power ranges - see relevant threads on SM- but I've never needed to heat anything just a few degrees for several hours.

BTW Order from Bob before it is too late!

[Edited on 2-2-2012 by Neil]
mr.crow
National Hazard

Mood: 0xFF

[*] posted on 2-2-2012 at 08:13

Quote: Originally posted by Arthur Dent  

As you mentioned, this comment will also be for the upcoming heating mantle thread... I have seen 1000 watt and 2000watt standard rotary dimmers made by Leviton and Lutron at specialty electrical stores, could these be used for a standard mantle?

Robert

I use a standard dimmer which is rated at 700W. Heating mantles are purely resistive loads, exactly like light bulbs. My 2L mantle is 600W I think

Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and caldron bubble
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  30

Go To Top