Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9  ..  30
Author: Subject: Science equipment looking for a home
99chemicals
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 17-5-2012 at 14:30

He is legit. I spent 18 dollars for 6 stirbars and a 24/40 gas adapter. The regular price of the other items would have been over 35$.

Thanks for the great deals.;)

Do you have mole problems? If so, call Avogadro at 602-1023

My Youtube Channel
Mailinmypocket
International Hazard

[*] posted on 18-5-2012 at 10:30

I also meant to leave a quick comment about my order from Dr Bob a little while back. The prices are ridiculously low and the glass is all high quality. Everything is packed with care :) highly recommended especially for brand name ground glass!
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 20-5-2012 at 15:49

Here are a few more stir or hot plates that I have recently found and now tested.

The first from the left is a Barnstead stir plate, model S46415 which I am asking $60. It is in very good condition and stirs well.

The second is a small Corning stirring hotplate, model PC-162, it is ONLY 200 watts, so it will not heat very hot,but stirs well. Asking $80. It has some dirt burned into it.

The next is a Corning PC-320 with a slightly melted temp knob and a frayed cord at the rear. These can be easily repaired by opening it up and just pulling a few inches of cord inside so that the frayed piece in inside the hotplate. But it stirs and heats fine. I'm asking $80 due to the condition. Great way to save some money if you like fixing things. I have done it before, but am to busy right now.

I have another PC-320 in very condition (not pictured, but looks like the above without melted knob) with good cord and no damage, other than slight dirt on top, it would be $100 and it works great.

Lastly, I have a Corning PC-410 stirplate which is in nearly new condition, removable PC type plug in great shape, stirs perfectly from slow to fast. This would be $100.

Shipping on these would be about $15 for flat rate priority mail box to most locations in the US. International shipping on these would be quite high due to the weight. It would be $35-80 depending on location from Canada to Asia.

DSCN0666 small Barnstead thermadyne stirplate.JPG - 35kB DSCN0667  small Corning small hot-stirplate.JPG - 49kB DSCN0711  small PC-320 wih fray and melted knob.JPG - 49kB DSCN0713  small Corning 410 stir plate.JPG - 53kB
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 20-5-2012 at 16:03

For the people who have been asking, I just found a box of more 24/40 3 neck round bottom flasks. There are 6 x 1000 ml and 2 x 2000 ml with all 24/40 joints. First priority goes to people who have already asked about them, then anyone else. They are $20 and $30 each, plus shipping.

There are also a few odd ones, pictured. The center 2 might be great for someone with access to a glass torch or glassblower that can unstick them, or someone who doesn't mind having an extra adapter permanently attached.

First, a 1000 ml with a 34/45 center joint. It would be $25, including a 24/40 to 34/45 adapter. These are great for mechanical stirrers or other reactions where a larger joint is helpful.

Second a 500 ml RBF with 3 24/40 joints, but the center one has an 14/20 adapter stuck in it. This would be only $8.

Third a a 1000 ml with a 34/45 center joint with a 24/40 to 34/45 adapter stuck in it. Only $15.

And lastly, a 250 ml (the center flask is 500 ml, but the drain tube is only halfway up) still head from Chemglass. This appears unused or nearly new. The item lists new for $360, I will sell it for $120.

http://www.chemglass.com/product_view.asp?pnr=CG-1233

DSCN0690  small 1000 ml 3 neck with adapter.JPG - 87kB DSCN0698  small 500 ml with stuck adapter.JPG - 63kB DSCN0702   small   1000 ml 3 nck with stuck adapter.JPG - 79kB DSCN0680   250 ml still head.JPG - 84kB
Fossil
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 28-5-2012 at 13:20

I just got my order in. It was packed with care and everything I ordered was in there. The prices were great and the glass of good quality. Some of the stuff was very used with many scratches, although there were no chips. Other pieces were brand new, like a 250ml 3 neck chemglass rbf I got. About half of what I received appeared brand new, 3/8 of it lightly used and the rest heavily used. All in all totally worth it and would definitely buy again.

Thanks again Dr. Bob!
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 6-6-2012 at 19:15

Here are three of several Dewar condensers, since several people have asked about them. I have been asking $40-50 for them depending on size and complexity.

Also pictured is an Ace Firestone valve, designed for vacuum purging flasks with minimum inert gas usage. I have a few in various states of condition. I have been asking $100 for these in like new condition, less for used ones.

FSCN0549   dewar cond small.JPG - 83kB DSCN0663   ace firestone valve small.JPG - 77kB
wymanthescienceman
Harmless

[*] posted on 10-6-2012 at 22:10
Dr. Bob Rocks!

I'd like to thank Dr. Bob for his excellent products and service! I ordered about $100 worth of his glassware and supplies and couldn't be happier with what I received!

Among the things I ordered were one of his chromatography columns, some filtering flasks, screw top test tubes, the list goes on. Everything arrived UNBROKEN, an absolute miracle seeing as how much glass was in the box, he's a freaking packing magician!

Everything seems to be great quality, aside from some significant scratching in some of the larger flasks, everything was great!

I highly recommend him if you need anything he has up for sale, he was very good with communication and even threw in some great free items to go with the rest of the stash, as well as going out of his way to accommodate my needs.

Thanks again Dr. Bob, you're a real great guy helping us all out like this, and it will be a pleasure to do business with you again! :)

Running is not a plan, running is what you do when a plan fails.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-6-2012 at 07:29

I will mention that I ship the best I have of each item as I get orders, so in some areas, all I have left is the ones that are more worn or scratched. As I get to that state, I try to mention it in the spreadsheet, but if there are only a few of something left, you might want to assume that it will be scratched or worn a bit, like 200/250 ml 24/40 flasks, 2000 ml filter flasks, and most larger 3 necks flasks left (I do have a few smaller ones in like new shape.) I am happy to verify the condition of an item before you order.

As well, I have a number of larger filter flasks where the side arm vacuum inlet has been chipped or broken, but is still usable. I will likely try to fire polish them, but if anyone is interested in bargain filter flasks, I have several with damaged side inlets that I will sell for a discount on the normal price, depending on the exact condition. Especially if you would like a few of them or a variety of sizes (up to 4L) I can make a good deal for a few of them.

One final note: I will be unavailable most of the week of June 29 - July 8th, so if you send me a note then, I may be slow to answer it. I will try to get all orders completed before then, and ask that people not make payments then unless they are willing to wait a few days on the order being shipped.

Thanks to all for your orders,

Bob
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 23-6-2012 at 17:42

Here is the latest list. I am running out of 24/40 stuff fast, still have one 14/20 dist. kit left along with many 14/20 flasks and pieces. I have sold most of the hotplates above, still have a few stir plates.

Bob

Attachment: Glassware Inventory.xls (61kB)
This file has been downloaded 733 times

Nucleation
Harmless

Mood: condensed

[*] posted on 30-6-2012 at 13:46

Just wanted to throw out a quick thank you to Dr. Bob, as the last 6 pages have done. I had the pleasure of meeting him last week, class act, reminds me of a younger iteration Org 2 Prof, and that is a stern compliment! Picked up a PC-620, mint condition, one would be hard pressed to tell it was used, only with very close inspection, also the digital thermo controller, brand new, old stock, in the box with instructions, warranty card, brand new in the flipping box! Thank you!

Per the last xls doc, he is running short on 24/40 stuff, but those into 14/20, he still has a great deal left... Anyone with reservations, or a need, I can vouch that he is real, and prices you will not find anywhere else so please check the last doc out. Thanks again Dr. Bob, class act!
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-7-2012 at 18:48

I just found a few more boxes of biology type supplies. I have some plastic petri dishes (100 mm mostly), plastic pipettes, 96 well plates, plastic droppers, plastic centrifuge tubes (50ml) and ore.

I am working on getting more photos of the remaining glassware to post soon. I have limited 24/40 stuff left, and a shrinking amount of 14/20 glassware and adapters. And while most beakers and larger erlenmeyers are gone, but I have lots of filter flasks and buchner funnels left. Once I catch up from being gone a while, I will start posting the photos and a new inventory list. Thanks to everyone for being patience while I was out of town. Happy Belated Independence Day.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-7-2012 at 18:18

Here are a few more odd items.

I have about 10 of the porcelain dishes/crucibles ($2 each), one 24/40 cold finger type condenser ($20) several types of 19/22 spray bottle (for TLC or other uses, $10-20) and a 29/42 vacuum jacketed fractionating vacuum dist. head. ($100). Please contact me for more info and more photos

DSCN0823  porc dish small.JPG - 69kB DSCN0828   24-40 condenser.JPG - 38kB DSCN0841   spray bottles small.JPG - 45kB DSCN0825   29-42 dist head  small.JPG - 54kB

[Edited on 14-7-2012 by Dr.Bob]
elementcollector1
International Hazard

Mood: Molten

[*] posted on 14-7-2012 at 07:46

Sent a U2U on some small stuff, do hope no one snapped it up earlier! :D

Elements Collected:52/87
Latest Acquired: Cl
Next in Line: Nd
Funkerman23
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 14-7-2012 at 10:29

those porcelain dishes( shown above) have a flat bottom bychance?
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 16-7-2012 at 04:14

Yes, the porcelain dishes have flat bottoms. They almost look like cereal bowls, but say Coors on the side.

I also have a few crucibles somewhere that are much taller but smaller diameter. Just haven't found them all yet and matched lids to Trying to find all of the pieces and then make matched sets of tops and bottoms is like some giant dating game or jigsaw puzzle. I have some many odd pieces, some of which likely fit together, but just getting them all in one place is hard.
beatle_guce
Harmless

[*] posted on 20-7-2012 at 11:44

any retorts? or distillation equip on the cheap?
Hexavalent
International Hazard

Mood: Pericyclic

[*] posted on 20-7-2012 at 12:25

Quote: Originally posted by beatle_guce  
any retorts? or distillation equip on the cheap?

Not you again; did you even read these posts before making your own?

Dr Bob has said numerous times about the distillation equipment he has available, if only you'd read what he's said.

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." Winston Churchill
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 23-7-2012 at 17:57

Here is a photo of some of the remaining Claisen adapters ($20 each). Also, photos of two batches of 19/22 glassware (make an offer for either) that I recently found and a very fancy cold trap for a vacuum line ($50).

DSCN0865  claisens small.JPG - 56kB DSCN0834   19-22 setup 1  small.JPG - 72kB DSCN0835  19-22 2nd set small.JPG - 78kB DSCN0810   trap small.JPG - 80kB
liquidlightning
Hazard to Self

Mood: Witty

[*] posted on 26-7-2012 at 10:44

Do you still have this? Not sure what it's called, but it would be perfect for making nitric acid, or as a gas washing bottle. The one without the diffusion plate would work too.

DSCN0344   SciMad   gas bottles.JPG - 60kB

[Edited on 26-7-2012 by liquidlightning]
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 26-7-2012 at 10:53

It is sold already, sorry. I have sold most of the gas washing bottles, I still have a bottom piece or two, but the gas dispersion tube tops break easily, or have been lost. If I find any more, I will post them.
liquidlightning
Hazard to Self

Mood: Witty

[*] posted on 26-7-2012 at 10:57

Oh well, let me know if you find any more then. Thanks.
chemrox
International Hazard

Mood: LaGrangian

[*] posted on 26-7-2012 at 12:25

I need a 5L rb and mantle for my large soxhlet. The joint is 29/42 but I have the adapter to 24/40.

"When you let the dumbasses vote you end up with populism followed by autocracy and getting back is a bitch." Plato (sort of)
DJF90
International Hazard

[*] posted on 26-7-2012 at 13:24

You mean like this... ;)

5L mantle and flask.jpg - 234kB
Funkerman23
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 31-7-2012 at 16:37

Quote: Originally posted by DJF90  
You mean like this... ;)
any chance of that mantle being for sale?
walterWhite
Harmless

[*] posted on 5-8-2012 at 12:02

Im looking to buy a vacuum distillation set, here is a link to the one I'm thinking about buying.

https://www.pelletlab.com/vacuum_distillation

My question to Dr.Bob is, do you have enough glassware to sell me a kit like the posted one? and for what price would it be?

and to anyone else, is there a supplier, not ebay or amazon, that would sell what Im looking for for cheaper.

Thanks.

vac_still_1.jpg - 62kB
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9  ..  30

Go To Top