Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  8    10    12  ..  30
Author: Subject: Science equipment looking for a home
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9-2-2013 at 20:36

Here are the 2 and 3 L flasks

a & b) 2000 ml 1 neck 29/42 - Chemglass brand, VERY thick glass, NOT suitable for heating with a flame, only a heating mantle or oil bath. - $12

c) 2000 ml 3 neck with center 34/45 joint, side 29/42 joints Repaired by Chemglass, a star crack was fixed. $25

d) 2000 ml 3 neck with center 34/45 joint, side 29/42 joints. $25

e) 3000 ml 1 neck with 29/42 joint. One is Chemglass, other looks like Ace or similar brand. Both are VERY thick glass, NOT suitable for heating with a flame, only a heating mantle or oil bath. $18 each.

Note: I am currently out of 24/40 to 29/42 adapters, trying to find any left, but I won't likely find any more.

DSCN1439  2L 1 neck 29-42 small.JPG - 87kB DSCN1445  2L 1 neck small.JPG - 76kB DSCN1434  2000 ml 3 neck repair small.JPG - 85kB DSCN1442  2L 3neck small.JPG - 88kB DSCN1446  3L 29-42 flasks small.JPG - 119kB
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 9-2-2013 at 20:46

And lastly, here are a few odd things I found while looking for other things.

a) a few more flat bottomed flasks. One 500 ml (6$), 3 250 ml (5$) and one 125 ml (4$)

b) A 3000 ml beaker, with 2 very small chips on the lip (right rear). Otherwise great condition. I think they could both be fixed either with some extra fine sand paper (the black SiC stuff) or a very minor flame polishing. $10

c) Two enormously long west condensers. One is 600 mm ($35) the shorter is only 500 mm ($30). These were mixed in with columns that I was sorting through recently. They will not be trivial to ship, so please realize that the shipping may cost extra due to the length of these.

If you are interested in any of the items listed, I can provide more information, just send an email or u2u to me. If you want to know shipping costs, please let me know what state or country you are in. Thanks for looking.

DSCN1464  flat bottom flasks small.JPG - 109kB DSCN1456  3L beaker.JPG - 62kB DSCN1481   long wests small.JPG - 60kB
Funkerman23
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 9-2-2013 at 23:55

U2U inbound regarding 3 liter beaker, flask and 600mm west condenser

" the Modern Chemist is inundated with literature"-Unknown
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-2-2013 at 05:13

Just to update people, I have sold the 2 PC-320 stirring hotplates now, and have quite a few offers on the recently posted glassware, which I am answering as fast as I can, trying to sell things in the order that offers to buy came in, so if I am slow to respond, it is because I am trying to answer the requests in order that they were made. That seems the most fair way to do it. Once I get caught up with this batch I will try to post a new list as quite a bit has sold lately, and I have a number of pending inquiries, so the list keeps changing.

Thanks again to everyone who has bought stuff as well as many people for their patience with me, when I am slow to respond.

Bob

[Edited on 13-2-2013 by Dr.Bob]
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 21-2-2013 at 16:55

Here is a photo of a bunch of bottles that I have available. I would sell the smaller ones for $1 each, the larger ones for $2 each (500 ml and up). If you want more than 10, I can do even better. I have lids for the 1L ones, just couldn't find them right now. Use the URL to see a better photo. I'm still trying to figure out why the photo won;t display from the url...

DSCN1507   bottles small.JPG - 60kB

[img]https://drive.google.com/?tab=wo&authuser=0#folders/0B0meoiewnfEjOXA5M0NWVWFLcVU[/img]

https://drive.google.com/?tab=wo&authuser=0#folders/0B0m...
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-3-2013 at 17:50

Here is the latest list of glassware. I have recently found a few more smaller 24/40 flasks (50, 100, 250 ml), as well as a few 250 ml erlenmeyers, 500 ml grad cyl. and a few other things I thought I was out of.

I also found another box of 24/40 2 & 3 L flasks, which I will post photos of soon.

Attachment: Glassware Inventory.xls (69kB)
This file has been downloaded 860 times

Eliteforum
National Hazard

Mood: Enjoying the journey

[*] posted on 14-3-2013 at 12:45

What's the cost of shipping the UK for say 10/20KG weight?

All that glitters isn't gold.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 14-3-2013 at 13:11

A 4 lb box to the UK is about $35-36 US. Up to 4 pounds is easy. Over 4 pounds, there are customs forms and the rate is about $8/ pound, but it does go down a bit over 10 pounds. So the short answer is more than most items are worth. But smaller items are much easier to afford, like 14/20 glassware, stir bars, smaller flasks and filters, etc.
carbonated
Harmless

[*] posted on 14-3-2013 at 18:46

Just placed an order on a heating mantle + a few assorted items with the Doc. Looking forward to receiving all of it!
MyNameIsUnnecessarilyLong
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 16-3-2013 at 21:59

Bob, do you have any class 1/E2 calibration weights for analytical scales?

looking for a couple 100g or a single 200g weights...
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 18-3-2013 at 05:52

I think I have seen some weights like that somewhere in a box, but have absolutely no idea exactly where now, or what wight they were. But I will keep an eye out for them and let you know if I find any.

BTW, I just got about 60 boxes of books in to sort through recently, so I have been backed up a bit on the science supplies, so I have been a bit slow to answer messages. I am trying to get to them as fast as I can, so my apologies if I am slow.

I do have some old chemistry books among them, once I get caught up a bit, I may try to post a list or maybe even scan in a few that might be of interest. Many are too old or too specific to be of general interest, but I think some might be useful. And the bigger ones just take too long to scan in and general massive files. One day I need to learn how to use the software to edit/compress .pdf files.
MyNameIsUnnecessarilyLong
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 19-3-2013 at 15:56

Do you have any stereo microscopes for sale?
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 20-3-2013 at 05:01

Not currently. I need to try to finish up cleaning my garage and basement so as to find any remaining boxes. I shoved them everywhere I could when I got this glassware, as I could not fit them all in, so I tended to just stick them in every nook and cranny of my basement, garage, etc. I keep finding boxes under other stuff and behind things.
CaptainOfSmug
Harmless

[*] posted on 20-3-2013 at 18:47

Do you have a dessicator by anychance?
Fantasma4500
International Hazard

Mood: dangerously practical

[*] posted on 26-3-2013 at 07:51

i think you should write shortly what you have left, beakers of size to size.. but you are shipping from usa, right? if so it might be hard economically for us in europe to buy some as they charge a tonne of money for importing :/

~25 drops = 1mL @dH2O viscocity - STP
Truth is ever growing - but without context theres barely any such.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solubility_table
http://www.trimen.pl/witek/calculators/stezenia.html
Hockeydemon
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 27-3-2013 at 01:40

I would also appreciate a quick recap of what you have available still. The large lot of glassware I ordered from Ebay never came and I had to have Ebay insurance give me my money back :(. So I now have a lot of glassware I need to acquire still..

Specifically I need a separatory funnel, but I'd be fine with an addition funnel.
A 24/40 round boiling flask
glass tubing & various rubber stoppers
chemical vials/storage containers
A male-male 24/40 adapter
500mL Buchner flask & funnel
A Burrette
A graduated cylinder (mines only 25mL)
A volumetric flask

I also have this stupid Liebig condenser that is useless until I figure out what to stick in the non-ground glass joint top.

I don't expect you to have most of those, but it's what I need off the top of my head..

[Edited on 27-3-2013 by Hockeydemon]
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 27-3-2013 at 05:43

To answer a few questions.

I don't have any desiccators left now, sorry. I only had a few.

The list posted on 3-13 (see above) is still mostly correct, almost entirely out of beakers, except for a few small ones, and the shipping to Europe makes them very expensive. What I have lots of still is erlenmeyer flasks, volumetrics, filter flasks, funnels and frits, stirbars, and much more. I am running out of much, but not all 24/40 glassware and beakers.

I have separatory funnels up to 1L and smaller size addition funnels (plus a 2 L one).
24/40 round boiling flasks (50, 100, a few 250 ml)
glass tubing & various rubber stoppers (have a few stoppers left)
chemical vials/storage containers - lots, see list and photos above for some of them.
A male-male 24/40 adapter - yep, have a few types
500mL Buchner flask & funnel - scads of them
A Burrette - might have just found one more, have to make sure the stopcock works.
A graduated cylinder (mines only 25mL) - have all sizes
A volumetric flask - have all sizes

Just send me a u2u with more size desires in the categories, and I can get back with more info, if you have an email address, that works much better, as I can't attach photos or files in u2u's. If people can't open the excel list, I can post a txt file or other format.

Also, since people ask a lot, I normally use Paypal (the Ebay payment system) for purchases, but can arrange to sell via Ebay, Amazon (in some cases), money order, cash, Western Union, gold, etc. I have a few of these items already listed there, but since they charge high fees, the prices are mostly higher then posted here.

[Edited on 27-3-2013 by Dr.Bob]
Hockeydemon
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 3-4-2013 at 01:08

I sent you a U2U last week with my email & list of items I'd like to buy. Just want to confirm you got it because I haven't heard back. Also I need a stir plate if you happen to have one, I know you're already out of hot plates. I just found out I have 20 days of vacation time saved up for work that I have to cash in by the end of the month so whenever that check comes I'll be able to afford more than $150 worth of stuff :).
mayko
International Hazard

Mood: anomalous (Euclid class)

[*] posted on 3-4-2013 at 14:36

I discovered that I am not that far from Dr. Bob, and had the good fortune of meeting him! I feel like I got a really good deal, and am excited about finally having some serious chemical infrastructure. He also gave me a handbook of practical organic chemistry, something I had been lacking in hardcopy.

Thanks again!
Hockeydemon
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 3-4-2013 at 21:19

Quote: Originally posted by mayko  
I discovered that I am not that far from Dr. Bob, and had the good fortune of meeting him! I feel like I got a really good deal, and am excited about finally having some serious chemical infrastructure. He also gave me a handbook of practical organic chemistry, something I had been lacking in hardcopy.

Thanks again!

Vogel's Textbook of Practical Organic Chemistry??? I really want that book! I just can't justify paying $225 for a used copy when I have the ebook - even if the ebook is a hassle.
Justin Blaise
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 4-4-2013 at 10:42

Received another order from Dr. Bob today. Everything was in good condition, packaged well, and there were even some extra goodies. Thanks Bob!
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-4-2013 at 04:04

Folks,

Thanks to everyone who has ordered stuff lately, I have been just slammed busy with inquiries, so I have have not gotten back to an u2u or email, please don't hesitate to remind me, as I sometimes just get so many emails that I can lose track of older ones in the shuffle.

Also, PLEASE check your address in PAYPAL anytime that you order anything (from me or elsewhere). If the address there is wrong, change it BEFORE you place the order. According to the Paypal rules, the seller HAS TO use that address for the shipment, although it can be changed within Paypal if caught before shipped.

But once someone pays for something, I try to ship quickly and go to the post office most mornings at 9am. And once it is out of my hands, they will NOT let me have it back or change the address. I have had a surprising number of people use old addresses. I get the same problem with "One Click" orders in Amazon, with books going to students at their old dorm, to their parents address or the last apartment, so as a way to simplify your life, please change your address in every system like Paypal, Amazon, Ebay, etc when you move. Sorry to sound like someone's parent, but I don't read minds well.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-4-2013 at 07:14

I can't remember who was looking for spherical joint adapters a while back, but there is a whole set of them on Ebay for a low price so far, if anyone still wants them. about 10 of them for $10 currently. It is a great price, but still has 3 days left. If I had not sold most of my other spherical joints stuff already, I might bid on it, just to have the needed adapters. I don't know the seller or have any connection, just remember someone u2u'ing me looking for them, and can't figure how to search old u2us (I have >1000).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spherical-Joint-Connector-Connection...
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 6-5-2013 at 15:39

Here are some dewar flasks that I recently unpacked. There is a box of tall ones, and one of short form ones. There are snapshots and then links (hopefully they work now) to larger view. Those are higher resolution if you download you can see a lot of detail. The prices below are for one, if you are interested in more than one, I can make some deals.

The tall, wide ones are $75, the medium, wide ones are $60, the thin, tall ones are $50, the smaller 80mm dia ID x 65mm deep ($40). I have several of each size.

The short forms are ~170mm dia ID x 125mm deep ($70), 140mm dia ID x 70mm deep ($60) , 110mm dia ID x 70mm deep ($50), 90mm dia ID x 40mm deep ($45), 80mm dia ID x 65mm deep ($40), 80mm dia ID x 30mm deep ($40), 80mm dia ID x 25mm deep ($40), 70mm dia ID x 25mm deep ($35), 65mm dia ID x 25mm deep ($35). I also have some Redneck dewars, made of nested crystallization dishes with fiberglass or vermiculite between them, those are 190x170 mm OD/ID ($40), 150/125 ($25), 100/80 ($20).

DSCN1814  Tall Dewars small.JPG - 62kB DSCN1823 short dewars small.JPG - 82kB

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B80lrYgm1HCvcTNnX3dXNFdxSW8/...

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B80lrYgm1HCvc3Z1ekZhc0ZZZ3c/...

[Edited on 7-5-2013 by Dr.Bob]
PercentOne
Harmless

[*] posted on 5-6-2013 at 15:55
Thermometer

Do you happen to have any thermometers?
 Pages:  1  ..  8    10    12  ..  30

Go To Top