Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-6-2013 at 17:31

me too on thermometers
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 6-6-2013 at 18:57

I just finally gathered up what I have left of the thermometers, and took some photos for someone, so here they are:

DSCN1795 small therms.JPG - 229kB DSCN1800 small therm 10-30.JPG - 205kB DSCN1657 small.JPG - 45kB DSCN1704 small elect therm.JPG - 49kB

If people want better photos of the glass therms, send me an email and I will send better ones. The glass ones are all Hg, I sold the non Hg ones, the main issue is shipping them, it can be pricy, as Fed Ex is the one who will take them legally. If people can get a few at once, or do a group purchase, the shipping becomes much better. The simple ones are $10-15 each, the 10/30 are $25, there are a few types and ranges.

Also, I have a few electronic thermometers, none have batteries currently, I don't know how well they work, and have not yet tested them in any way, but if someone wants to try one, I can make a good deal, once I get the working myself, the price goes up. Make me an offer. I also have some thermocouples for them, or I can sell them separately.

This batch is all yellow, or type "K", good for high temps, they are yellow usually, and go way above 300C in a linear fashion. I think I have some blue Type "T" ones also but have not yet found them. They would start at about $10, let me know what you are looking for. I cannot provide much technical data, but there is scads on the internet if you Google "thermocouple types".
AlChemicalLife
Harmless

Mood: happy and ready for science

[*] posted on 10-6-2013 at 21:47

hey Dr, do you happen to have any 14/20 condensers preferably 200 mm or shorter, i also run with 24/40 so if there is anything else that is 24/40 or 14/20 i would like to take a look

Thank you sire :)

`Steven

Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-6-2013 at 05:27

I'll look, but I am running out of 14/20 stuff. I do think I still have a 14/20 coil reflux condenser left, looks like new, but not sure if I have any liebig type. I also have one or two odd 24/40 condensers left, need to get some photos of what is left, but not much. I still have lots of odd 24/40 pieces, like Clasien adapters, curved extensions, inlet adapters, and other more unique pieces. Many are pictured in the photos back earlier in the thread, but I will try to get some newer photos soon of those as well. I do have LOTS of 14/20 flasks left, mostly in smaller sizes, 5-50 ml, 1-3 necks, round, pear, recovery, etc. I'm happy to give quantity discounts on those.

[Edited on 12-6-2013 by Dr.Bob]
plante1999
International Hazard

Mood: Mad as a hatter

[*] posted on 12-6-2013 at 15:55

You may have saw that I'm looking for a small reactor, since this glass come from a lab, I taught there might have a reactor.

Do you happen to have anything that reassemble a reactor?

Thanks

I never asked for this.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-6-2013 at 17:09

I might have one or two odd pieces, but I will have to look a bit to see if I have anything complete. I DO have a large fermentation type reactor, I think 20-30 L in size, with many ports, stir inlets, outlets, etc, but I have yet to even unpack it enough to get a good photo, and have no idea exactly what it for. I think I might have a few jacketed pieces, but will have to try to find the box of that type of stuff and look for it. These are the things I put aside at first as they were so large that I could not unpack them and had to idea how to sort them out and list them on my inventory. Now that much of the basic glassware is gone, I am trying to figure out some of he more complex stuff, but it takes longer than I had hoped to go through it, as it is hard to unpack and keep safe once not in a box. But I will keep a lookout for some reactors.
AlChemicalLife
Harmless

Mood: happy and ready for science

[*] posted on 12-6-2013 at 21:47

Hey Dr,
if i could get a quote of the 14/20 flasks and coil condenser that would be much appreciated. iv also been looking for some hot plate stirrers, and some heating mantels if you have any.

~Steven

sargent1015
Hazard to Others

Mood: Relaxed

[*] posted on 25-6-2013 at 10:28

Hey Dr. Bob, I am assuming the last list is fairly up to date. Do you have any vacuum aspirators or even pumps?

In addition, do you have a vacuum aspirator faucet adapter, or does anyone know of a cheap place to get these?

The Home Chemist Book web page and PDF. Help if you want to make Home Chemist history! http://www.bromicacid.com/bookprogress.htm
Magpie
lab constructor

Mood: Chemistry: the subtle science.

[*] posted on 25-6-2013 at 16:04

Quote: Originally posted by sargent1015  

In addition, do you have a vacuum aspirator faucet adapter, or does anyone know of a cheap place to get these?

Sarge: Here's what I used for my kitchen faucet. I don't need it anymore as my lab sink faucet has the right threads.

http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=8352#p...

The single most important condition for a successful synthesis is good mixing - Nicodem
sargent1015
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 25-6-2013 at 16:29

Hmmm I guess I could make one of those.... Just a simple adapter and an aerator?

The Home Chemist Book web page and PDF. Help if you want to make Home Chemist history! http://www.bromicacid.com/bookprogress.htm
Magpie
lab constructor

[*] posted on 25-6-2013 at 17:47

Just a simple adapter and an aerator?

Yes.

I used a propane torch, flux, and solder. I'm assuming you've done this kind of soldering before. The only difficult part was that the solder didn't want to stick to the aerator very well. As I recall the aerator is chrome-plated brass. I suggest removing the chrome first, say with sandpaper, in the area to be joined. It should solder OK then I would think.

The single most important condition for a successful synthesis is good mixing - Nicodem
sargent1015
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 25-6-2013 at 17:49

Quote: Originally posted by Magpie  
It should solder OK then I would think.

Encouraging statement right there :P SHOULD be ok

Magpie
lab constructor

[*] posted on 25-6-2013 at 18:01

Encouraging statement right there :P SHOULD be ok

Well, successful soldering depends on the quality of the materials and the skill of the operator. Persistance is also important. I'm guessing that your chances of success are rather high. But I can't guarantee anything here. ;)

Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 26-6-2013 at 06:01

Hey Dr. Bob, I am assuming the last list is fairly up to date. Do you have any vacuum aspirators or even pumps?

I have a few water aspirators around somewhere. I have sold them for $5 apiece. The list is close, but I need to update it, once I catch up with a bunch of orders. I will be busy the next two weekends, so I won't get much free time to update things until mid-July.

I keep shipping stuff and then finding yet more stuff in boxes as I can get to them. Just found another box of hardware, mostly 3 prong clamps of all sizes, clamp holders, rings, and some other clamps. It was stinking heavy, and thus put as the bottom box in a large pile of boxes. Also found a few more 24/40 and 14/20 flasks, haven't had time to count them and update my list yet. And I found yet more Dewar flasks and condensers, still trying to get a list of them.

Thanks again to all of the people who have bought stuff and also thanks to the people for their patience, as sometimes I will get a number of emails or orders in one day, and I can only package and ship things a few days a week between my real jobs. But I have made a significant dent in the pile of boxes and can now fit my lawn mower in the garage again. Yea!
Furboffle
Harmless

[*] posted on 27-6-2013 at 10:14

Do you have any 24/29 pieces? I have heard mixed reviews on whether 24/40 will still work with 24/29. I need a distillation adapter specifically. Also any stir/hot plates?
Oopsy_daisy
Harmless

[*] posted on 27-6-2013 at 11:40

Second that, I would be very interested in some 24/29 glassware
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 28-6-2013 at 07:15

I may have a few odd pieces of 24/29, mostly I think I have some flasks with those shorter joints. Let me look around and see what I can find. I am sure I have a few pieces, just don't remember exactly what.
mud
Harmless

[*] posted on 28-6-2013 at 12:23

You found any D. Stark?

I'm requesting a pic of the condensers too please, when time permits.

[Edited on 28-6-2013 by mud]
DrSchnufflez
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 28-6-2013 at 14:49

I'd be interested in these 100ml rbf (24/40), 250ml rbf (24/40), and a dean stark with stopcock (24/40) if you still have them
bob800
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 1-7-2013 at 11:30

Do you have any 19/22 condensers, 3-way adapters, or thermometer adapters?
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 2-7-2013 at 11:09

I don;t think I have any condensers or 3 ways left in 19/22 but I can look, I might have a thermometer adapter. I do have a few small sized 19/22 rb flasks left, lots of 10, 15, and a handful of 25 ml & 50 ml, maybe a 100, not sure until I check.

I am out the next few days, but I will send emails to everyone that asked about stuff when I get back. Thanks for the patience.

Quote: Originally posted by bob800  
Do you have any 19/22 condensers, 3-way adapters, or thermometer adapters?

[Edited on 2-7-2013 by Dr.Bob]
malford
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 11-7-2013 at 18:50

Dr. Bob,

I sent you a message about any hotplate/stirrers. Also, are there any vacuum pumps or 24/40 pyrex boiling flasks left?

edit: got your message about no corning hotplates left. Any other brands?

[Edited on 12-7-2013 by malford]
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-7-2013 at 07:26

I only have 24/40 rbfs left in small sizes, some 50 ml, 100 ml and a few 250 ml left (most of the 250 ml are scratched up a bit or well used).

I am mostly out of hotplates and stirplates, I have a few stirring only plates left, as well as one or two hot plates w/o stirring. I also have a few combo ones that are not working, if I can fix them I will sell them here. Once I get caught up with my current orders, I will try to post photos of the remaining equipment that I have. I have a lot of odd pieces left that I want to test or get photos of before I post them.
malford
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 12-7-2013 at 16:07

Quote: Originally posted by Dr.Bob  
I only have 24/40 rbfs left in small sizes, some 50 ml, 100 ml and a few 250 ml left (most of the 250 ml are scratched up a bit or well used).

I am mostly out of hotplates and stirplates, I have a few stirring only plates left, as well as one or two hot plates w/o stirring. I also have a few combo ones that are not working, if I can fix them I will sell them here. Once I get caught up with my current orders, I will try to post photos of the remaining equipment that I have. I have a lot of odd pieces left that I want to test or get photos of before I post them.

Any sep funnels?
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-7-2013 at 18:51

Yes, they are listed in the spreadsheet, but I need to post a newer listing soon, now that I am back in town.

I have lots from 60 ml up to 250 ml, and then a few left bigger than that, most of which are either glass stopcock, scratched up, or odd in some way (eg, a 1L w/ a Teflon stopcock, but with a 29/42 joint at the bottom). Let me know what you are interested in, and I can tell you what I have left. I will also try to post what I have left for hotplates soon.
 Pages:  1  ..  9    11    13  ..  30

Go To Top