Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  10    12    14  ..  30
Author: Subject: Science equipment looking for a home
malford
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12-7-2013 at 19:23

Quote: Originally posted by Dr.Bob  
Yes, they are listed in the spreadsheet, but I need to post a newer listing soon, now that I am back in town.

I have lots from 60 ml up to 250 ml, and then a few left bigger than that, most of which are either glass stopcock, scratched up, or odd in some way (eg, a 1L w/ a Teflon stopcock, but with a 29/42 joint at the bottom). Let me know what you are interested in, and I can tell you what I have left. I will also try to post what I have left for hotplates soon.

Sorry, just snagged a hotplate, so I'm good there.

Any sep funnels with 24/40 joints?

Also, any vacuum pumps?

Sorry, I would check out your xls, but the new computer I'm using doesn't have excel.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 30-7-2013 at 10:42

I don't have any sep funnels with 24/40 joints, but do have a 1L one with a 29/42 joint on the bottom, could maybe find an adapter for it. Might also have a non-equilibrated addition funnel left with a 24/40 joint. Don;t have any vac pumps. Still have small rbfs, clamps (3 prong and others), some 24/40 adapters and pieces, as well as lots of basic erlenmeyer flasks, grad cyl, and filter flasks and more. I can send you a text list of the items if you want.
mud
Harmless

[*] posted on 1-8-2013 at 11:11

Malford - you can download for free Open Office or Libre Office on any Operating System and then open, view, or edit excel files...

Dr.Bob - Im interested in your broken stir/heat plate combos, the higher wattage ones at least.
Mr_Magnesium
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 4-8-2013 at 19:36

Hello Dr Bob!

could you give us an update on what 24/40 pieces of equipment that you have left?

Was looking for some Erlenmeyer flasks, sep funnels and maybe a few reagent bottles

also what kind of shipping rate is it to Australia?

:) thanks

[Edited on 5-8-2013 by Mr_Magnesium]
TheChemiKid
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 5-8-2013 at 06:04

Do you have a 1000mL 3 neck round bottom boiling flask or a vigreux column? Both preferably 24/40. Do you also have a friedrich condenser?

Do you also have a vacuum takeoff adapter and 1000mL heating mantle?

<!-- bfesser_edit_tag -->[<a href="u2u.php?action=send&username=bfesser">bfesser</a>: merged sequential posts]

[Edited on 5.8.13 by bfesser]
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 5-8-2013 at 10:02

Quote: Originally posted by TheChemiKid  
Do you have a 1000mL 3 neck round bottom boiling flask or a vigreux column? Both preferably 24/40. Do you also have a friedrich condenser?

Do you also have a vacuum takeoff adapter and 1000mL heating mantle?

I am running out of most 24/40 glassware. I might have a 24/40 vacuum takeoff adapter left, but out of most larger round bottom flasks, most condensers and columns, and out of heating mantles bigger than 250 ml now.

I do have many sizes of Erlenmeyer flasks, sep funnels and maybe a few reagent bottles in some sizes left. International shipping went up this year, so for some items, like larger flasks, and reagent bottles, that are heavy, it become more than the item costs, and may not be practical.

I will try to post a new list soon, but I am going to be busy and mostly unavailable the next two weeks, so I will not be able to answer u2u's and emails quickly for a little while, so please be aware of that and patient with me. I am trying to finish shipping all current orders out but then will not take new ones for a week or so, until I am finished with another task. Thanks to everyone for their patience.

Bob
TheChemiKid
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 5-8-2013 at 10:09

How much would you charge for a 24/40 105° vacuum takeoff adapter and how much for shipping to new jersey?
Also do you have 14/20 to 24/40 adapters?

Do you have any 2 or 3 neck 1000mL flasks?

c) Two enormously long west condensers. One is 600 mm ($35) the shorter is only 500 mm ($30). These were mixed in with columns that I was sorting through recently. They will not be trivial to ship, so please realize that the shipping may cost extra due to the length of these.

Do you still have either of these condensers?

do you have amber glass bottles?

<!-- bfesser_edit_tag -->[<a href="u2u.php?action=send&username=bfesser">bfesser</a>: merged 4 sequential posts]

[Edited on 5.8.13 by bfesser]

When the police come

\( * O * )/ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'̵͇̿̿з=༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 5-8-2013 at 13:03

It is usually best forum ettiquette to add onto a post rather keep posting a bunch of short posts. Also, you are welcome to send me a u2u for simple requests, just click on my username and pick "send u2u" and I can answer your questions. I'll try to get back with the answers later tonight.

I am also trying to update my lists to re-post also.

Bob
TheChemiKid
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 6-8-2013 at 04:37

It is usually best forum ettiquette to add onto a post rather keep posting a bunch of short posts.
Bob

Sorry, I'm new to Sciencemadness. I joined yesterday. I didn't know you could do that.

When the police come

\( * O * )/ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'̵͇̿̿з=༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 10-9-2013 at 05:02

Here is a somewhat updated list. I also just found a few more ring stands and 3 prong clamps, but have not yet counted them all. I have been working and traveling a lot extra lately, so I have not had a lot of time to work on this, but I hope to get back with a better inventory in Nov. as well as photos of the remaining 14/20 and 24/40 glassware. Thanks to everyone for being patient with my slow responses to messages lately.

Attachment: Glassware Inventory Sept 2013.xls (73kB)
This file has been downloaded 756 times
Finnnicus
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 10-9-2013 at 15:52

Sorry if its already been mentioned, but how much is shipping to Australia? (Melbourne) Namely on the 144 8ml vials.

EDIT: Is it possible to get half of those? (72) Probably not, because of the repackaging, 42$ is a little steep (too expensive) for moi.

[Edited on 11-9-2013 by Finnnicus]

Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 2-10-2013 at 19:08

Here are some more photos of some more items I recently found. I have not been able to make the photos work yet via BBCode, but the links should work

19/22 3 neck flasks, a few have 14/20 side joints
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B80lrYgm1HCvVGF2dnhJTzd6X0U/...

[img]https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B80lrYgm1HCvbmJjcUFnWFdhU0E/edit?usp=sharing[/img] (small photo)

some small 3 prong clamps
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B80lrYgm1HCvN1l6a19iNTJJN2M/...

some large 3 prong clamps
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B80lrYgm1HCvai1aSVlJbngyc28/...

some bossheads, clamp holders and other hardware
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B80lrYgm1HCvUzU0Rk9kR1A0N2s/...

[img]https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B80lrYgm1HCvVGF2dnhJTzd6X0U/edit?usp=sharing[/img] (testing larger image link)

(I cut and pasted the exact layout from bfesser in two places and have not been able to make it work yet. I am apparently clueless. I am happy to have a moderator fix one link if they can make it work, and I will copy it to the others and stop bothering them.)

[Edited on 4-10-2013 by Dr.Bob]
bfesser
Resident Wikipedian

[*] posted on 3-10-2013 at 06:10

<strong>Dr.Bob</strong>, you need to use the URL of the image file itself, like this:
Code:
[url=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/eTuV4z6sMELEq4x3gSHD4AWUz2uVKUtHkEsuN-DW1vEceSqSqM3ikryfaQZXAonRF_naHaVQlq8][img=320x240]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/eTuV4z6sMELEq4x3gSHD4AWUz2uVKUtHkEsuN-DW1vEceSqSqM3ikryfaQZXAonRF_naHaVQlq8[/img][/url]

smaerd
International Hazard

Mood: hmm...

[*] posted on 16-10-2013 at 13:36

Another one of those orders from Dr. Bob where there was so many extras I almost forgot what I paid for :).

*FWOOSH*
Hazard to Self

Mood: manic

[*] posted on 17-10-2013 at 06:28

Just thought I'd pop back in here to give a big thanks to Dr. Bob for the excellent glassware and awesome prices.

@smaerd
same situation with me:D, I had to go back and read what I asked for so I could puzzle out a couple of the surprises I recieved.
Muffn Man
Harmless

[*] posted on 24-11-2013 at 16:00
Another happy buyer

Got the package on Friday. Everything in great shape. Thanks!

What kind of tape did you use on that? That has to be the strongest stuff I have even seen!
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 17-1-2014 at 20:00

Here are some more photos of recent finds as well as a new list. I have found a few more Dean Stark adapters in 24/40 w/ and w/o stopcocks, as well as some Freidrich condensers and other bits and pieces. I will try to keep posting more photos of the newer stuff. I also have found enough 14/20 parts to make a few dist kits, which I will post shortly. From left to right:

1) 14/22 Dist head (I'll find a a stopcock for it that fits) - $40
2) 14/20 Dist head (Dean Stark like one) - $40
3) 19/22 Dist head - $50
4) 14/20 Dewar condensers - $30, $30, $25 (bottom to top)
5) 24/40 Friedrich Condenser - $20
Please send me your email address if you want a better photo

DSCN3325  14-20 dist head small.JPG - 67kB DSCN3334  14-20 dean stark dist head small.JPG - 68kB DSCN3350 19-22 dist head small.JPG - 76kB DSCN3344  14-20 dewar cond small.JPG - 65kB DSCN3355  24-40 freidrich small.JPG - 51kB

Attachment: Glassware Inventory.xls (70kB)
This file has been downloaded 590 times
UnintentionalChaos
International Hazard

Mood: Nucleophilic

[*] posted on 17-1-2014 at 20:40

DIBS ON THAT FRIEDRICH!

Also, I'd like to send you a U2U regarding a few other items as soon as I decide what those are.

[Edited on 1-18-14 by UnintentionalChaos]

Department of Redundancy Department - Now with paperwork!

'In organic synthesis, we call decomposition products "crap", however this is not a IUPAC approved nomenclature.' -Nicodem
Mr_Magnesium
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 17-1-2014 at 23:09

Is there more than one friedrich condenser :(?

[Edited on 18-1-2014 by Mr_Magnesium]
quantumchromodynamics
Hazard to Self

Mood: tired but still trying

[*] posted on 18-1-2014 at 00:30
hotplate stirrer

hotplate stirrer?
sep funnel 1000ml or bigger?
bio mass flask?
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 18-1-2014 at 19:33

Quote: Originally posted by Mr_Magnesium  
Is there more than one friedrich condenser :(?
[Edited on 18-1-2014 by Mr_Magnesium]

I have at least 3 of them, still sorting through another box of 24/40 stuff. I have been asked about 2 so far.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 18-1-2014 at 19:39

Quote: Originally posted by quantumchromodynamics  
hotplate stirrer?
sep funnel 1000ml or bigger?
bio mass flask?

hotplate stirrer? - I have a couple that I am fixing currently, once I make sure that they work, I will post photos

sep funnel 1000ml or bigger? - only have 1L one with a 29/42 joint at the bottom, Not sure what it is designed for, but would work fine for normal use as well. Like new with a Teflon stopcock. Similar example shown below:

bio mass flask? - Not sure what that is, but I do have some things that look like wide bottomed erlenmeyers with metal caps on top. One example is below, I have some them from 250 ml to 2000 ml, make me an offer. I think they are for fermentation or other biochemistry work. If that is not it, show me a link to one, and I might well have it. I still have lots of stuff I can't yet identify, just have not had time to post photos of it all.

DSCN0946   ferm flask small.JPG - 74kB CG-1750-03.jpg sep funnel with joint.jpg - 6kB

[Edited on 19-1-2014 by Dr.Bob]
quantumchromodynamics
Hazard to Self

Mood: tired but still trying

[*] posted on 18-1-2014 at 21:55
steam distillation biomass flask

The flask above the boiling flask is the biomass flask. It lets steam enter the bottom and flow over the material and out the top before the condenser. I took me a long time to even find what the name of that weird flask. Addition funnel? Pressure equalizing addition funnel? I am happy to take that separation funnel off your hands. I need a decent sized circa 1L Erlenmeyer with a side arm. I also need a 2L RBF with 2 or 3 necks 24/40 (just asking :o) to fit the heating mantle I am working on.

flaskbiomass.jpg - 158kB

[Edited on 19-1-2014 by quantumchromodynamics]

Mr_Magnesium
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 18-1-2014 at 23:27

The flask above the boiling flask is the biomass flask. It lets steam enter the bottom and flow over the material and out the top before the condenser. I took me a long time to even find what the name of that weird flask. Addition funnel? Pressure equalizing addition funnel? I am happy to take that separation funnel off your hands. I need a decent sized circa 1L Erlenmeyer with a side arm. I also need a 2L RBF with 2 or 3 necks 24/40 (just asking :o) to fit the heating mantle I am working on.

`

Similiar to a Kuderna Danish flask?
Funkerman23
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 21-1-2014 at 14:03

What you are looking for is a bit gimmicky but you can find the 'biomass' flask here and there. In the spring you might find more sellers as this stuff seem to be more popular then. DP glassblowing had some for a time( flask and the connencting adapter) and of course there are the boutique shops like heartmagic distiller ( Google for the link) . Failing everything else in this comment a standard Chromatography reservoir can be used and you will simply need to cope with the opening sizing. A local glassblower would be willing to make you one , possibly. I personally( as I own much of the other needed labware already) would buy from United glass Tech if Dr Bob Can't help. ebay shop link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-2000ml-Bio-flask-45-50-Top-24-40... but I don't know if they carry the one piece arm adapter at the moment( usually has the larger joint for the bio flask and leads to a more common joint size for the condenser) Avogadro's lab supply sells a glass kit with the bio flask but they call it an Alembic. Here's the bio flask only if you want to go with the Chinese option( buyer beware though) http://www.ebay.com/itm/2L-Chromatography-Reservoir-Flask-us... and Deschem's offering http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000ml-Chromatography-Reservoir-Flas...

[Edited on 21-1-2014 by Funkerman23]

" the Modern Chemist is inundated with literature"-Unknown
 Pages:  1  ..  10    12    14  ..  30

Go To Top