Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  12    14    16  ..  30
Author: Subject: Science equipment looking for a home
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1-4-2014 at 11:50

PM sent, but I do have the 2 14/20 kits shown above still, with everything but a thermometer included for basic and vacuum distillations.

People have spoken for most of the larger flasks pictured above already, I may find a few more eventually, but am almost out again. Once I get those orders all sorted out and shipping, I will list what is left. Thanks to everyone, I can now walk in my garage in between piles of boxes now. Before it was wall to wall boxes, without any space to move.
copperastic
Hazard to Others

Mood: Good

[*] posted on 1-4-2014 at 13:49

Dr.bob could you save a hot plate and a distillation setup for me because i don't have any money so i need to get some and i know that your running out of glassware.

Chemosynthesis
International Hazard

[*] posted on 2-4-2014 at 13:37

I just wanted to report that I received my order from Dr. Bob in immaculate condition, meticulously packed, and generously graced with extras. A huge thank you to the Dr., and much gratitude!
macckone
International Hazard

Mood: Electrical

[*] posted on 7-4-2014 at 14:09

Yet one more happy customer of Dr. Bob.
Nice extras quick shipping and meticulous packing.
burgerbrain
Harmless

[*] posted on 9-4-2014 at 10:25

Excellent communication. Very professional packaging where nothing even has a chance of breaking. Lots of extra goodies that will surely be of use. Fast shipping. Better than most sellers on ebay. I recommend Dr. Bob.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 10-4-2014 at 05:39

Thanks to everyone for the kind feedback. I am a bit inundated right now with messages, so please don't be surprised if I am slow to answer. I will mention that most of the larger flasks (200 ml and up) are gone now, again, as are the 3 neck flasks in pretty much every size. I hope to maybe get a few more some time in the future from another source, but I will post if that happens. Since this is a liquidation, I don't really have a restocking means, although sometimes I find things that I missed earlier in the pile of boxes.

Also, the few hotplate & stirrers that I have left are all 110V models-if you are in a country with another voltage. these will not be as easy to use, unless you already have a good 110 source at a high enough current (10A+) flow. It is also very expensive to ship them overseas, I can do it, but it costs, and there is really no way to return them if they don't fit your outlet.

Thanks to everyone for their patience with me, I am trying to do this in addition to a day and night job, so I am sometimes slow, also sometimes people all email me at once, but I will get back as fast as possible. That said, if I have not gotten back in a few days to a week, please remind me, the u2u system is a bit hard to use, and I have lost messages before. If you have my real email, that is more reliable, so that may be better to use.

I am working on updating the list, but with shipping stuff out almost daily, it is hard to keep it perfect.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-4-2014 at 06:20

Here is an updated list of glassware.

Key points are that I am running out of graduated cyl sets. I have about 3 full sets left, with at least 5 of these sizes: 10, 25, 50, 100, 250, and 1000 ml. The first 2 people get a new 100 ml one as one of the 5, the third set is missing a 100 ml one. They are all $25 for the set. You can add a 2000 ml one from below if you really like big ones.

I have a few single 10, 50, 250, 1000, and 2000 ml grad cyl left with pour spouts, and a couple of
ground glass ones left in 10, 50, and 2000 ml sizes. Note the 2000 ml size requires a very large box, so it will cost a lot by itself to ship, best with other items.

I have also found a few more odd bits today: (links are to comparable items, I will try to be my own photos as soon as I have time to take, shrink and post)

a large dryrite gas drying tube, full of spend Dryrite, can be redried or I can empty to save shipping costs - $20

https://secure.drierite.com/catalog3/page5.cfm or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Drierite-Laboratory-Gas-Drying-Unit-...

a ~8" diameter x 10 high desiccator, complete with some NaCl IR cells and pellets (you can buy one or the other or the set) - This has a simple lid, not the vacuum adapter one so cheaper - $60 - shipping will be high due to the weight.

I have two dark room type timers - a Gralab 170 and a Gralab 171 which are often used in labs to turn items off and on at set times. I'd take $20 for either, need to test them to make sure they both work well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GraLab-171-Pro-Dark-Room-Kitchen-Tim...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GRALAB-UNIVERSAL-TIMER-MODEL-170-/35...

And I also found an compressed air driven overhead stirrer unit, designed for larger type rbf flask stir paddles. Make me an offer on this. Looks like the ones below with one air hose.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arrow-Engineering-Model-G-Pneumatic-...
or
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ARROW-ENGINEERING-AIR-STIRRER-3-8-SH...

Attachment: Glassware Inventory.xls (70kB)
This file has been downloaded 973 times

[Edited on 12-4-2014 by Dr.Bob]
Chemosynthesis
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-4-2014 at 15:01

PM inbound on the gas drying tube and a question on available hotplates.
Chemosynthesis
International Hazard

[*] posted on 17-4-2014 at 12:08

Yet another amazing transaction with Dr. Bob, many thanks, and I even got off of work early today. Time to celebrate.
Illusionist
Harmless

[*] posted on 19-4-2014 at 13:08

Do you still have lots of item to sell? i see the list seems to be from a few years ago.

Do you ship to Canada?

I am looking for pretty much everything in every size, since i do not have any glassware yet:

beakers,enrlenmeyers,graduated cylinders, volumetric flasks and pipettes,filtering flasks...

and a complete distillation kit in both 14/20 and 24/20.

Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 20-4-2014 at 16:12

The list 3 posts above was updated a week ago. I still have some sizes of the items you listed. I have most listed in the spreadsheet.

Yes, I do ship to Canada, the rates have gone up a lot over the last few years. Smaller items are not bad to ship, but larger ones can be expensive. The simplest way to ship is in 4 pound packages as that is the largest package with simple customs paperwork.

Unfortunately, I have now sold all of the complete distillation kits listed previously, but I do have some 24/30 pieces left, and many 14/20 flasks and some other pieces.
The Volatile Chemist
International Hazard

Mood: Copious

[*] posted on 21-4-2014 at 08:10

Quote: Originally posted by Dr.Bob  
The list 3 posts above was updated a week ago. I still have some sizes of the items you listed. I have most listed in the spreadsheet.

Yes, I do ship to Canada, the rates have gone up a lot over the last few years. Smaller items are not bad to ship, but larger ones can be expensive. The simplest way to ship is in 4 pound packages as that is the largest package with simple customs paperwork.

Unfortunately, I have now sold all of the complete distillation kits listed previously, but I do have some 24/30 pieces left, and many 14/20 flasks and some other pieces.

If you want distilation stuff, sciplus.com sells two types, I think both are 20/24. One, a simpler one, is $75, the other is $95. They're the cheapest site I've found, B/C they don't specialize in chemistry. Try 'em out!

Muffn Man
Harmless

[*] posted on 23-4-2014 at 09:37

I used to look at SciPlus all the time until I went to order from them... They do not ship to Canada.

As far as I can tell, the one distillation set uses rubber stoppers and the other is 24/40 ground joints (per the desctiption).

As a former customer, I can recommend www.alchemylabsupply.com as a great canadian supplier but he is running low on many things.

You may wish to have a look at the glassware at http://surplus2d.com/store/ I have never purchased from them but they have an extensive selection of glassware.

Another option available to canadians, a seller from China, I have dealt with and they have good customer service and selection is laboyglass.com Forum reviews on laboy are fair and accurate.
burgerbrain
Harmless

[*] posted on 24-4-2014 at 09:00

2nd order with Dr. Bob and I couldn't be happier. Lots of valuable extras included with the low prices. I'm not ordering from anyone else.

Thank you Dr. Bob!
HeYBrO
Hazard to Others

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 11-5-2014 at 22:30

I would like to say I received my second order from Dr Bob about a week ago and everything was immaculate. He even threw in some freebies! Thanks!

violet sin
International Hazard

Mood: Good

[*] posted on 25-5-2014 at 22:08

seemed like the right place for this... hopefully
I ran across this one youtube. diffusion pump give-away. going untill may 31

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5B5mj6-fqk

good luck guys
TheChemiKid
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 15-6-2014 at 17:02

I received my second order from him in great condition. Very satisfied.

When the police come

\( * O * )/ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'̵͇̿̿з=༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 15-6-2014 at 18:25

I finally found some 1 ml glass ampules. Several people have asked me about them. I have a box of about 100+ 1ml sealable ampules. Kimble #12012-U, made of Neuralglas, (aka KG-35 borosilicate glass). They have a colored line at the score and break spot. I'll sell the entire box for $50 or sell 20 ampules for $10, plus shipping, which would be about $5 for the box or about $2 for the 20.

I am almost out of grad cyl now, except for lots of 10 ml ones, both new and used, and a few others. Still have lots of filter flasks, but running out of Buchner funnels. Still have a fair number of course glass frit funnels in all sizes, but running low on med and fine ones. Still have a few media and reagent
bottles, and some spatula left, but those are all running out now. And I found about 5 24/40 west condensers, about 12" of cooled length-$20.

Also have lots of 96 well plastic well plates, tubes, and much more plastic ware like that. I am trying to get some photos and lists, but there are many varieties, so hard to list everything.

[Edited on 16-6-2014 by Dr.Bob]

Attachment: Glassware Inventory.xls (70kB)
This file has been downloaded 618 times

HeYBrO
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 15-6-2014 at 22:16

Put me down for some! 30 should do it!

edgecase
Hazard to Self

Mood: Viscous

[*] posted on 16-6-2014 at 18:04

I haven't seen it mentioned so I thought I'd ask, do you have any large 24/29 condensers?
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 17-6-2014 at 06:33

I have mostly a few west condensers in 24/40 (I have few European joint size items), but I do have a few large 29/42 condensers (the joint size mostly used for 1L and larger flasks). I have a few 24/29 flasks, adapters, and other odd pieces, one of these days I will just gather all of those and sell them as a lot.

The same is true for 19/22 glassware, I have a few pieces of it, some small flasks, some adapaters, maybe a condenser or two. I am gathering the pieces together, eventually I will have a small box of them and will likely try to sell them as a lot as well.

I still have lots of 24/40 adapters, distillation heads (mosty with 10/30 joint therm fittings, but a few others), west condensers, and some other odd pieces. I have lots of 14/20 flasks (5-100 ml mostly) in all types (round, pear, evaporation/recovery shaped) and from 1-3 necks. As well, I still have lots of 14/20 bits and pieces, but I am missing some pieces, so I don't have all of the parts for a complete kit any more, but still have many items and more complex pieces like addition funnels.
HeYBrO
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 7-7-2014 at 22:38

Just got my 3rd order from Dr.Bob, everything was immaculate and as usual he threw in some freebies!
Squirrely
Harmless

[*] posted on 18-7-2014 at 08:35

I can not praise Dr. Bob enough. Very patient and amazing guy who has some great deals on glassware!

I just got my first order in from Dr. Bob and everything was immaculate. Nothing was damaged in shipping as everything was packed very well.

I had quite a large order as I was ordering various small things to start up a home lab. He took the time to make sure that everything was included and what he did include was the best he had. On top of that he even threw in some extras to top things off!

If I ever need any glassware again I'll be sure to contact Dr. Bob first.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 21-8-2014 at 17:53

Here is the newest list. I am running out of most basic items, still have lots of odder stuff, some 24/40 west condensers, lots of various 24/40 adapters, some smaller sep and addition funnels, volumetric and filter flasks, and small erlenmeyers, small grad cylinders, and more.

I'll try to take some photos of the remaining pieces soon and post them. I still have lots of more obscure things like powder addition funnels, complex dist pieces, and dewar condensers. I'll try to update the list again in another month or two and add more of the odd items.

Attachment: Glassware Inventory.xls (77kB)
This file has been downloaded 659 times

The Volatile Chemist
International Hazard

Mood: Copious

[*] posted on 3-9-2014 at 12:19

Any chance of you getting new (more) things? Or will this be the end of business from you?

Pages:  1  ..  12    14    16  ..  30

Go To Top