Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  14    16    18  ..  30
Author: Subject: Science equipment looking for a home
Volanschemia
Hazard to Others

Mood: Pretty much all of them!

[*] posted on 16-1-2015 at 21:14

Hi.
I have just joined ScienceMadness and just found this thread.
I might be too late, but do you still have any of your glassware left?

If you do would you mind posting a list of what you still have left?

Thanks heaps.
Zombie
Forum Hillbilly

Mood: I just don't know...

[*] posted on 16-1-2015 at 23:23

I would be interested as well. I am a fledgling chemist with a desire to fly in this wonderful craft. I have a fair amount of 24/29 equipment but I don't mind setting up other sizes.

Mainly a 1000ml mantle/stirrer, and fractional distillation set are on my radar.
There are many other items I would like to acquire due to the fact my interests are expanding by the day, and I never like to be caught without.

I also like long walks on the beach, and I adore Pina Coladas. That explains the distill rig...:D

Great site you all have here. I've been on it for quite a few hours over the past 2 days... Looking forward.

They tried to have me "put to sleep" so I came back to return the favor.
Zom.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 17-1-2015 at 17:30

Here is the most recent listing. I just sold a bunch of erlenmeyer flasks and most of my 24/40 glass frits, but still have a lot of other stuff left. The items in the photos on the previous pages are not all listed, as many are not easily described by a simple text description. If you are looking for anything that is not listed, please feel free to send me a note and ask, I can see if I have it or look for it in the remaining stuff I have to sort through. Thanks for everyone's patience with me. I am assembling some 24/40 and 14/20 distillation kits that I am working to finish, just need to find a few more pieces to dig up.

For new people to SciMad, I am helping a friend sell off the remains of a closed business that he got instead of his pay and pension. It was packed randomly in 100+ boxes, so I am trying to sort through them and sell the stuff. I list and sell some on Amazon and Ebay, but their high fees and the need to list each item separately have made that a slow process, so I also sell things here and a few other places. Most sales go through Paypal, with buyer protection, but I can do other deals as well.

Attachment: Glassware Inventory.xls (72kB)
This file has been downloaded 921 times

Zombie
Forum Hillbilly

[*] posted on 17-1-2015 at 18:16

Thank you Dr. Bob.
I understand what a monumental chore this must be for you. I've read every word in this thread, and just your time in this is more than generous.

If it is OK by you, I will U2U a short list, and see what we can do.:)

Zom.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 20-1-2015 at 10:31

Please do send me a list. I'll find what I can. Anyone who is interested, just send me a u2u and I can send a real email. I don't post it here, or I get spammed to death. Thanks.

Bob
MrHomeScientist
International Hazard

[*] posted on 30-1-2015 at 12:06

A few days ago I received yet another order from Dr. Bob, in perfect condition and well-packaged. As always, he threw in lots of extra goodies for me too. Thanks very much!
Zombie
Forum Hillbilly

[*] posted on 30-1-2015 at 17:55

I hope he sends candy w/ my order! I'm thinking he IS Santa.:D

Zom.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-2-2015 at 15:41

Here are some more rb flasks that I found recently and just finally got photos of. From left to right is:

2L Ace 3 neck center joint is 34/45 sides are 24/40 - $30
3L Pyrex 3 neck all joints are 24/40 - $40
5L Kontes 3 neck center joint is 45/50 sides are 24/40 - $50
3L Kimex 3 neck center joint is 45/50 sides are 24/40 - $40
1L Kontes 3 neck center joint is 45/50 sides are 24/40 - $20
3L Pyrex 3 neck center joint is 45/50 sides are 24/40 - glass is badly etched, but not cracked or chipped - $20
2 x 1L 29/42 Pyrex one neck rbf - $10 each (not pictured)
2 x 3L 29/42 Pyrex one neck rbf - $20 each (not pictured)

DSCN6781   2L Ace 3 neck  small.JPG - 236kB DSCN6778  3L Pyrex all 24-40 3 neck.JPG - 935kB
DSCN6784   5L Kontes 3 neck.JPG - 814kB DSCN6786   3L Kimex 3 neck.JPG - 504kB

DSCN6788  1L Kontes.JPG - 873kB DSCN6792   3L Pyrex etched 3 neck.JPG - 799kB
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-2-2015 at 16:10

Here are yet more rotovap condenser parts. I also have several normal one piece water condensers for $150. The two piece water condensers are $200 each (both are pretty well stuck together). I have two photos of them from different angles.

The complex dry ice tops are $125, I do have at least one bottom piece that goes with them for $75. The loose one piece condensers would be $100. I do not have the bottom adapter for all of them, but these are standard taper joints in size 45/40 which could be used for refluxing in larger flasks as well, or as replacement parts. I also have steam ducts, seals, frames, water baths, and many other parts as well, which I am working on cataloging, please make inquiries for specific parts.

DSCN6750 two piece torovap water condensers.JPG - 527kB DSCN6755  two rotovap water condensers angle.JPG - 633kB DSCN6775   dry ice rotovap condenser tops.JPG - 639kB DSCN6760   odd rotovap condenser tops.JPG - 711kB
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-2-2015 at 16:29

Here is the newest list of glassware. I am still working to add more things, but it contains most of the standard items. I am working to get photos of the non-standard items as best as I can. I also have just found some odd boxes of filter paper and weighing papers (4" x 4" and 6" x 6") and a few weighing boats. I can make an assortment of either filter papers or weighing paper/boats if people want. I will also provide some sample filter paper as best I can with any buchner funnels as well. I am running out of most size glass bottles now, out of most mid size erlenmeyers (125 -500 ml), and nearly out of stir bars.

Attachment: Glassware Inventory.xls (73kB)
This file has been downloaded 776 times
careysub
International Hazard

Mood: Lowest quantum state

[*] posted on 13-2-2015 at 16:35

Why not remove the items for which the quantity is zero?
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-2-2015 at 19:31

I often find more of an item as I go through boxes of stuff, so that saves me trying to retype the description. More than a few times, I have found more of an item a few times. Also, I have a few beakers of small items, as I empty them I sell the beaker. But I understand that it might be confusing, I could hide the lines with zero inventory, maybe I will try that.

It also gives some context for new people, so they are aware of what other sizes might exist. That way if someone sees something that they like, they can go look for it, even if I don't have it. The spreadsheet lists almost all of the basic glassware found in a lab, so it might be helpful for people trying to assemble a basic labware list. And if people tell me that they want something that has 0 listed, I can try to look for it, or sometimes even tell them where they can find it, like from a few other sellers or on Ebay.

also, for people who don't have excel or like Google, here is a link to the list in Google, which will let you open it there viewer. I'll try to keep it updated, but sometimes when I update it, it messes up the link, so please be patient with me if it eventually does not work.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B80lrYgm1HCvdmwzVG1mTmJsNF...

PS, I found some filter paper, so I have a few boxes of various sizes (not yet listed), also found more weighing paper, 4" and 6", and large plastic boats (in the new spreadsheet near the bottom), and now also have some sample bags of plastic droppers, about 50 total of 5 various types (small to 7 ml) for $4.

[Edited on 15-2-2015 by Dr.Bob]
Zombie
Forum Hillbilly

[*] posted on 9-3-2015 at 09:45

Thank you Dr Bob!!!!!

My packages arrived today, and everything is 100%!

I could not be happier with the quality of the merchandise, the care taken in packing everything, and your very kind demeanor.

It was like Xmas here today. I have a room full of goodies, and i can't wait to play with everything.

Thank you Dr. Bob!

I already have my next order milling around in the gray matter...

Zom.
morganbw
National Hazard

[*] posted on 12-3-2015 at 12:34

Do Zombie's sleep?
Try to rest a little.
Zombie
Forum Hillbilly

[*] posted on 12-3-2015 at 13:31

I've spent 57 years doing what other people said I should be doing.

Now I have less than 1/2 a life left, and there is no time for sleep. It could all end tomorrow, and I have too much I want to do.

Who said "I'll sleep when I'm dead"?
I agree with that person.

Zom.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 14-3-2015 at 11:41

Here is a newer list. I just got some New 250 ml beakers, found more simple 1" stirbars, found some 500 ml 24/40 erlenmeyers, I still have 3 new 250 ml Media bottles, and have tried to update things in general.

People asked about the 1 ml pipettes - I can make a bundle of about a dozen 1 ml pipettes, plus 1 or 2 of 2, 5, and 10ml sizes for about $1 in cost, but the postage would be about $3-4, due to the long size and need for some padding and packaging. I am looking to see if I have more of any of the sizes left in larger amounts.

Attachment: Glassware Inventory.xls (73kB)
This file has been downloaded 702 times

[Edited on 15-3-2015 by Dr.Bob]
morganbw
National Hazard

[*] posted on 15-3-2015 at 05:08

I downloaded the excel sheet. Waiting for a moment in time when I have the resources to be able to order.
Thank you, sir.
gdflp
Super Moderator

Mood: Staring at code

[*] posted on 3-4-2015 at 11:26

Just received my first order from Bob today. Everything was well packaged and he was extremely generous with extras. Thanks Bob!
Loptr
International Hazard

Mood: Grateful

[*] posted on 3-4-2015 at 11:34

Bob always comes through. I have been purchasing storage bottles from him as of late.

Very nice! And as always, extras.

:)
Volanschemia
Hazard to Others

Mood: Pretty much all of them!

[*] posted on 3-4-2015 at 17:47

Let me add to the massive amount of happy customers that have bought from Dr Bob. :D
Phenomenal service, thankyou!

"The chemists are a strange class of mortals, impelled by an almost insane impulse to seek their pleasures amid smoke and vapor, soot and flame, poisons and poverty; yet among all these evils I seem to live so sweetly that may I die if I were to change places with the Persian king" - Johann Joachim Becher, 1635 to 1682.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 3-4-2015 at 19:55

I want to thank the Austrialian chemist and a few others in Aust for being patient with me, as I have been very busy lately, and they have been very patient with my slow process of sorting out and quoting a foreign order. I will also mention that I will be extremely busy for the next month or two with several projects, travel, and work, so I will try to get back to everyone who has emailed me in the last few weeks, but in a few weeks, I will likely be too busy to do much for a few weeks. So please be patient with me and I will try to get back as fast as possible.

But once I get caught up a bit, I will continue processing a large number of science books that I recently acquired, and will have some interesting books available some of which I hope to be able to provide cheap for the people here. Some are quite amazing, but I will have many that are perhaps a little older, but will be very cheap. It just may take me a while to unpack and sort them all.
The Volatile Chemist
International Hazard

Mood: Copious

[*] posted on 10-4-2015 at 15:38

cool! And I was just thinking I would be able to convince my parents to let me buy from you. I'll look through your inventory, and be looking forward to the list of those books!

Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 25-4-2015 at 10:22

I want to remind everyone that I will be hard to reach for the next week or two due to working several double shifts and then some travel. But I will answer any messages as soon as I get a chance. I have shipped all but one order that was pending, and that one I will ship if the payment comes before I am out.

Once i catch up from all of this, I will try to start posting some of the books that I have to give away to anyone who will pay the postage, which is low for books. The first few boxes include books on toxicology, lab safety, PCs, macs and Mac programming, powerpoint, photoshop, and more. They are from a company library/offices that closed and they had to remove the books from the location quickly, so I got most of them in return for hauling them away. Also have books on the safety of many chemicals and categories of them.
The Volatile Chemist
International Hazard

Mood: Copious

[*] posted on 30-4-2015 at 08:22

Wow, sounds great! Looking forward to seeing them.

Loptr
International Hazard

Mood: Grateful

[*] posted on 30-4-2015 at 10:26

Definitely interested in chemistry books. Do you have any math and computer science related books?
 Pages:  1  ..  14    16    18  ..  30

Go To Top