Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  16    18    20  ..  30
Author: Subject: Science equipment looking for a home
carrant
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 21-1-2016 at 20:05

I received my order from Dr.Bob today and everything was extremely well packed and arrived in excellent condition!

Very easy to communicate with and a very pleasant experience ordering.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 3-2-2016 at 10:01

I have found a box of covered glass dishes. They almost look like Pyrex dishes for leftovers, but I have since discovered that they are sold for staining slides and other purposes. But they would work well as small containers for the lab. I have about a dozen of each size. I am happy to sell them for cheap, so if you are interested, let me know, make me an offer for some or I can throw in a few free with any other order. I have a few other very small round covered containers, not sure what they are good for, but happy to sell them cheap or give some away.

They seem to be soda lime glass, so not good for heating in. Here are some links to descriptions and photos of them:

ITEM_DDCAE484170230F1AB7A001EC9FCDFBA_CRM_IMAGE_900203_OL.gif.jpg - 6kB ITEM_DDCAE4841702AAF1AB7A001EC9FCDFBA_CRM_IMAGE_900303_OL.gif.jpg - 6kB ITEM_DDCAE4841702FFF1AB7A001EC9FCDFBA_CRM_IMAGE_900403_OL.gif.jpg - 5kB

http://wheaton.com/cell-culture/staining-ware/dish-and-cover...

http://www.chemglass.com/product_view.asp?pnr=CG-8122

http://www.chemglass.com/product_view.asp?pnr=CG-8124
CharlieA
National Hazard

[*] posted on 20-2-2016 at 16:49

Just received my first order from Dr. Bob a couple of hours ago. There was not a cubic inch of wasted space in the package that wasn't packed with some little goodies or other. Thanks Dr. Bob for the prompt and exceptional service!:)
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-3-2016 at 13:32

I have found several boxes of 29/42 glassware recently, with lots of multineck frbfs, addition funnels, adapters, and more. If you are looking for anything in that joint size, please inquire.

I have gathered together a 29/42 distillation and reaction setup with about 6 rbfs, from 100 - 1000 ml (one to 4 necks), distillation head, condenser, claisen, curved vacuum adapter, gas inlets, addition funnel, and more, it would cost $125 plus postage. And I can add more pieces as needed. If anyone is interested, let me know, and we can discuss exactly what you want.

I have also found a few more 1 and 2 L sep funnels, a few people had asked me about those and I was out, but I have a few now.

[Edited on 12-3-2016 by Dr.Bob]
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 23-4-2016 at 12:51

I recently found several 250 ml sep funnels with missing glass stopcocks, and found stopcocks and clips for them, greased them up to work and will sell them for only $25 each since they are glass stopcocks.

I have also found PTFE stopcocks for a number of smaller sep funnels in 30, 60, and 125 ml, so I am well stocked with those now. I have been a bit busy lately, so a little slow to answer people, but I am catching up now. I still have a few 14/20 dist. kits ready as well.

myristicinaldehyde
Hazard to Others

Mood: сорок пять

[*] posted on 30-4-2016 at 12:17

Received well, well over 1000 USD worth of quality glass, with shipping for exactly 200. Packed with obsessive care, it arrived in mint condition. 11/10 would splurge life savings again.

[Edited on 2016-4-30 by myristicinaldehyde]
IceDahl
Harmless

Mood: Curious

[*] posted on 1-5-2016 at 10:31

Do you think you will ever get a Heating mantel 500ml?
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 3-5-2016 at 15:30

I still have a few various heating mantles that need to be checked out, most are pretty worn, so I have to make sure that they work OK. But most look old or have been overheated some so the insulation has gotten a little brittle. So I might make a good deal on one, if you are willing to accept an ugly duckling. I'll have to look and see if there is a 500 ml one left.
lovelyduvet
Harmless

[*] posted on 8-5-2016 at 11:03

154 pieces of $350. Wish I had the cash for it today, but I don't so I thought I'd pass it on.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/New-Lot-Of-154-Pieces-Of-Chemistry-Lab...
And also, hello everybody. This is an awesome forum and I look forward to contributing. Thanks.

image.jpeg - 32kB
Loptr
International Hazard

Mood: Grateful

[*] posted on 11-5-2016 at 07:59

Quote: Originally posted by lovelyduvet  
154 pieces of $350. Wish I had the cash for it today, but I don't so I thought I'd pass it on.
And also, hello everybody. This is an awesome forum and I look forward to contributing. Thanks.

The listing claims to be local pick up only in Canfield, Ohio, USA. I am sure you could get them to work out a deal.
Melgar
Anti-Spam Agent

Mood: Estrified

[*] posted on 15-5-2016 at 02:58

Do you have enough glassware left for a 14/20 vacuum distillation setup with a 500 mL main flask, and a few smaller ones as receivers? And perhaps a Buchner funnel, preferably polypropylene? Also, are you anywhere near Asheville? I have a chemistry-inclined friend that'll be heading through the area, and might have him pick me up some stuff. Even if you're not, he might not mind going out of his way to pick it up. Surprised to see you still getting rid of stuff here; I put in an order a few years ago, then had an eye injury (not chemistry related) and sort of dropped off the map.

[Edited on 5/15/16 by Melgar]
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 16-5-2016 at 03:49

I still have a few 14/20 kits assembled, a couple have a 500 ml 3 neck as the largest flask. I am asking $100 for the kit, it comes with everything but the thermometer, I can add one of those for $15-20, depending on what type you want. I'll send a message about the details.

I am a bit surprised to still be selling this myself, but I have sold much of the bulk of the glassware, most of the beakers, most larger erlenmeyers, most 24/40 rbfs, and much more has been sold, but I still have a lot of more unusual items, a large amount of 24/40 accessories, lots of 14/20 and 29/42 jointed items, and certain items like volumetric flasks, small and screw thread test tubes, vials, and a few sizes of bottles. Fortunately, what is left is shrinking in size, but still fills many boxes, but I also never realized how many boxes I actually had at the start, as I had shoved them in to so many nooks and crannies in my garage, basement, and other storage spaces.

That is part of my problem, the stuff if not all in one neat place, but shoved into boxes in a number of places. I am slowly neatening it up, but still have some boxes with a little of everything in them. That is part of why my inventory changes with time, as I find things, bus also I have ended up helping a few other people sell odd bits of glassware that have asked me to help them also clean up a few other small labs.

[Edited on 16-5-2016 by Dr.Bob]
The Volatile Chemist
International Hazard

Mood: Copious

[*] posted on 16-5-2016 at 14:13

Quote: Originally posted by Loptr  

The listing claims to be local pick up only in Canfield, Ohio, USA. I am sure you could get them to work out a deal.

Haha, please don't buy this, I want to buy it when I graduate high school, and Canfield's (relatively) near where I live... kidding, with regards to the please, but if it's still around when I graduate, I'm totally going to pick it up :)

lovelyduvet
Harmless

[*] posted on 25-5-2016 at 15:24

Quote: Originally posted by The Volatile Chemist  
Quote: Originally posted by Loptr  

Haha, please don't buy this, I want to buy it when I graduate high school, and Canfield's (relatively) near where I live... kidding, with regards to the please, but if it's still around when I graduate, I'm totally going to pick it up :)

go for it! I don't live anywhere near there :D
The Volatile Chemist
International Hazard

[*] posted on 25-5-2016 at 18:33

Yay :) It's on my list. Really hoping the guy keeps it up for another 1.5 years :(

HeYBrO
Hazard to Others

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 25-5-2016 at 21:14

Quote: Originally posted by The Volatile Chemist  
Yay :) It's on my list. Really hoping the guy keeps it up for another 1.5 years :(

tumblr_n3dfwlPSL11rlo1q2o1_1280.jpg - 462kB
The Volatile Chemist
International Hazard

[*] posted on 26-5-2016 at 08:55

Haha, after all this time. Whatever. Though I suppose by the time I'm able to buy glassware myself Dr. Bob will have sold out too. Anyone found stuff at a yard sale before...?

lovelyduvet
Harmless

[*] posted on 27-5-2016 at 22:45

one time at a rural garage sale I found a 12L RBF sitting in a pile of junk. I was 15 or so. I remember wanting to take it home, drill a hole in the bottom and turn it into a gravity bong, what an inspired thought! lol
The Volatile Chemist
International Hazard

[*] posted on 3-6-2016 at 11:58

Aagh.....that's terrible :o
I've found lots of electronics to take apart, but not much else. Dr. Bob should have a yard sale with all his stuff; it'd be a good way to convince people to come to an amateur chemistry conference haha....

Dwarvensilver
Hazard to Self

Mood: Constantly Chemically Amazed

[*] posted on 17-6-2016 at 12:57

Greets all
I work in research and currently have access to ~ 650 used test/culture tubes.

I am offering these up to anyone willing to just pay the shipping.
I hate seeing them go into glass recycling.
We chuck them as we test for stuff in the ppm, ppb range and don' want cross contamination and results
These are standard ~1/2 x6 inch or there about.
If you doing a screaming gummy bear haha no worries about contamination:
Armistice19
Hazard to Self

Mood: Brain sponge activated!

sad.gif posted on 17-6-2016 at 13:27
Disappointment

Distillation apparatus, one of the many prized possessions of the applied chemist. This sounds delicious, if only I had money before this coming Friday :(

Oh well, next time.

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.” -Albert Einstein
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 20-6-2016 at 06:40

I'll still have stuff after this Friday. I still also have some new test tubes, mostly smaller ones, like 10x75, 13 x 100mm, but also some larger ones, and screw top cap ones, which are very expensive if bought retail. I also have a number of boxes of 1, 2, 4, 6, an 8 dram vials with various cap types, some clear, some amber, most are boxes of either 72, 100, or 144, they tend to be $10 - 20 for a whole box (depending on size/weight) or about $1/handful for smaller amounts.

I still have lots of large TLC plates, chambers, flash columns, even some HPLC columns, if you are looking for anything, just let me know. I am traveling a lot of the next 2 weeks, so I may be slow to respond for a little while, but I will get back as soon as I can.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 27-6-2016 at 18:21

One of the members here pointed out a few good deals on small Qorpak bottles with PTFE lined caps, so I have a good number of brand new small bottles with PFTE lined caps. I also still have some other sizes, so here are a few deals:

- I have some clear french square bottles in 2 (new) , 4 (used), and 8 (used) oz (60, 120, and 240 ml) sizes with the PTFE lined green caps. These normally run over $2-3 each, but I will sell them for $2 each in small numbers, or $1 apiece if you buy a mix of a dozen or more. http://www.qorpak.com/category/183/french-square-bottles

I have some amber medium mouth bottles for solids and some liquids, in 2 (new) , 4 (new/used), and 8 (new/used) oz (60, 120, and 240 ml) sizes with the PTFE lined green caps, plus a few other sizes. These normally run over $2-3 each, but I will sell them for $2 each in small numbers, or $1 apiece if you buy a mix of a dozen or more. I have only a few bigger sizes, quantities are limited. http://www.qorpak.com/category/181/packer-bottles

I also just got more 2 oz, (60 ml, new) narrow mouth amber bottles with the PTFE lined green caps, I am out of the 120 ml ones right now, but will get more eventually. They would be $1 each, or less in quantities. These are safe for bromine, acids, solvents, and more. http://www.qorpak.com/category/2286/boston-round-bottles

I also still have some medium round bottles, in a variety of sizes, but mostly 4 oz/120 ml sizes. Most also have PFTE caps, but not all of them. These sell for $2-4 new, I would sell them for $2 each, or less with other orders.
http://www.qorpak.com/category/184/graduated-medium-round-bo... and

http://www.qorpak.com/category/2288/medium-round-bottles

If people are willing to take a variety of sizes and types, I can do a medium flat rate box with more than 20 various smaller (mostly 2-4 oz) bottles, almost all PFTE lined (at least 20), plus a variety of whatever other bottles and vials fit in it for $20, plus the postage of $12 each. If you want larger bottles, there will be fewer in the box, but the same price. The postage is a reasonable deal if you want many smaller bottles.

If you want a large flat rate box the cost would be $40 plus the postage of $17. Same thing, more smaller bottles or fewer big ones for the same price, just let me know about what you want. I cannot create an exact list of the bottles, as I just don't have time, and it is changing quickly, but I am happy to try to include whatever you want as best I can.

I will be traveling a lot the next week, but then back for a while. People keep saying that someone should buy these and create a group buy, so I am trying this one more time.

Bob

Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 21-7-2016 at 06:47

If anyone is interested in Qorpak bottles, I can get the Amber narrow mouth ones with PTFE caps, in 120 and 240 ml sizes right now for a good price, which would be under $2 each. These are ideal for bromine, acids, organics, nastys, almost anything other then HF.

But I don't want to buy more stuff unless someone is willing to buy it from me. I still have the 60 ml bottles I bought a case of a while back after several people said that they wanted some, but few have bought any.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 4-9-2016 at 17:17

A few more things I have found recently. I found another package of new 120 ml narrow mouth amber glass qorpaks with PTFE lined caps and plastic safety coating. I am asking $3 each for them, plus shipping. I have found quite a cache of bottles lately.

I also have found several boxes of used glass volumetric pipettes of all sizes and types, several boxes of them. If anyone here can use a bunch, I am willing to sell them cheap, the shipping may be more than the cost of the pipettes.

I have been slow to answer some people, due to a huge number of emails coming in for a while, if I have not answered you in due time, please remind me, I may have missed a few, the u2u system is very hard to keep track of perfectly. I had several large orders which have taken a while to fill, but I am catching up slowly. Also, I am having to move out of some of my leased storage space soon, so that will keep me busy from now until the end of the year.
 Pages:  1  ..  16    18    20  ..  30

Go To Top