Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  21    23    25  ..  30
Author: Subject: Science equipment looking for a home
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 29-12-2018 at 08:50

Home everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. And thank you to everyone who got glassware over the last year, I am still slowly shrinking the pile of glassware I need to find a home. But it is not quite gone yet.

While looking for some larger flasks, I came upon a couple boxes of large RBFs. I'll try to get photos, but for now, here is what I found: (my light in storage is poor, so hard to see some details, I'll try to get photos next time. I had a couple people ask me about large rbfs recently, so they get preference if two people ask about the same flask at a the same time.

1 x 5L RBF - not sure of brand, maybe Chemglass - 45/50 Center joint plus 2 x 24/40 side joints - $50

1 x 5L RBF At-Mar brand- 55/50 Center joint plus 3 x 29/42 side joints - $50

1 x 5L RBF Pyrex brand- 55/50 Center joint only - this flask is either dirty or etched a little, not sure as I can't clean it out well in my storage space - $30

1 x 3L RBF - Chemglass - 1 x 24/40 joints - $25

1 x 3L RBF - Kontes - 1 x 24/40 joints - $25

1 x 3L RBF - Kimble/Kimex - 45/50 Center joint plus 2 x 24/40 side joints - $40

I also have several 24/40 jointed addition funnels each in 125 and 250 ml size that have either a glass stopcock or a non-standard sized one (mostly Kontes and Ace proprietary ones) that I will sell at a discounted price, as people prefer standard PTFE stopcocks. These normally go for $50 and $60 (125/250 ml) but I will sell them for $35 and $45 since I want to find them a home sooner.

And lastly, I have one remaining 14/20 distillation kit made up which contains a few basic 14/20 rbfs from 10 to 250 ml, including a couple 3 necks, the basic adapters needed, like distillation head, claisen adapter, curved and straight vacuum inlets, gas inlet, stoppers, condenser, and a few other bits. I would ask $100, but can customize it to a degree, as well as add or swap things if desired (some things like a coil condenser, addition funnel, Dean Stark, etc add a little more cost).
happyfooddance
National Hazard

[*] posted on 29-12-2018 at 09:03

Quote: Originally posted by Dr.Bob  
Merry Christmas to all you science geeks out there!

In the spirit of Christmas, I have a used set of A and B of the Advanced Organic Chemistry by Francis A. Carey and Richard J. Sundberg, the old green edition from when I was in school, that I will mail free of charge to the first person who responds to this post, signifying that you are really a science geek if reading this at Christmas. I would prefer someone who really can use it, such a college student, and east coasts will save me some postage, but the person to post here wins, then just u2u me your mailing address.

I am trying to clean out some more old books, so I will try to post some more books soon which I will give away for postage only. If you are in NC, I could even give you a bunch, since that might save me postage.

Bob

Books arrived yesterday (that was fast)!

I am so very grateful. I worked my way through O-chem with digital literature and library loans, and I regret it. There is really no substitute for a nice paper copy of a good book, and not having to return it (or pay late fees).

Thanks Dr. Bob! Also, the variac came too :)
silveroranges
Harmless

[*] posted on 16-1-2019 at 08:08

Purchased quite a bit of glassware and lab supplies from Dr.Bob, and hands down best experience. Very professional, quick to reply to emails, fast shipping. And the items are packaged very robustly. 10/10 will buy from again.
itsafineday
Hazard to Self

Mood: Feelin groovy

[*] posted on 17-1-2019 at 09:41

I am very interested in a 14/20 distillation kit if it is still available.
+ION
Harmless

[*] posted on 31-1-2019 at 17:06
Looking for a home.

I don't know what it is but it is looking for a home. Make an offer!

I posted it in the mystery glassware thread.
https://www.sciencemadness.org/whisper/viewthread.php?tid=31...

Thanks to Dr. Bob for providing me with a stopcock for it.

On that note, in appreciation to the Dr. for his services to me and the community over the years, I will donate 1/2 of what I make to him...so bid big!

(PM me with offers)

mystGlass.jpg - 2.5MB
j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 31-1-2019 at 17:35

I am going to guess it is a jacketed gas absorption apperatus with separation ability.
Coolant through outer jacket. Gas bubbled through frit. Reaction produces two phases and as volume increases the upper portion is taken off. Draining product through stopcock allows for separation into two streams.

It would satisfy my glass fetish nicely, but really there is no need. And shipping from US is usually prohibitive.
itsafineday
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 14-2-2019 at 05:49

Hey Dr. Bob , Check your U2U when you get a chance.
Quote: Originally posted by Dr.Bob  
Home everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. And thank you to everyone who got glassware over the last year, I am still slowly shrinking the pile of glassware I need to find a home. But it is not quite gone yet.

While looking for some larger flasks, I came upon a couple boxes of large RBFs. I'll try to get photos, but for now, here is what I found: (my light in storage is poor, so hard to see some details, I'll try to get photos next time. I had a couple people ask me about large rbfs recently, so they get preference if two people ask about the same flask at a the same time.

1 x 5L RBF - not sure of brand, maybe Chemglass - 45/50 Center joint plus 2 x 24/40 side joints - $50

1 x 5L RBF At-Mar brand- 55/50 Center joint plus 3 x 29/42 side joints - $50

1 x 5L RBF Pyrex brand- 55/50 Center joint only - this flask is either dirty or etched a little, not sure as I can't clean it out well in my storage space - $30

1 x 3L RBF - Chemglass - 1 x 24/40 joints - $25

1 x 3L RBF - Kontes - 1 x 24/40 joints - $25

1 x 3L RBF - Kimble/Kimex - 45/50 Center joint plus 2 x 24/40 side joints - $40

I also have several 24/40 jointed addition funnels each in 125 and 250 ml size that have either a glass stopcock or a non-standard sized one (mostly Kontes and Ace proprietary ones) that I will sell at a discounted price, as people prefer standard PTFE stopcocks. These normally go for $50 and $60 (125/250 ml) but I will sell them for $35 and $45 since I want to find them a home sooner.

And lastly, I have one remaining 14/20 distillation kit made up which contains a few basic 14/20 rbfs from 10 to 250 ml, including a couple 3 necks, the basic adapters needed, like distillation head, claisen adapter, curved and straight vacuum inlets, gas inlet, stoppers, condenser, and a few other bits. I would ask $100, but can customize it to a degree, as well as add or swap things if desired (some things like a coil condenser, addition funnel, Dean Stark, etc add a little more cost).

[Edited on 14-2-2019 by itsafineday]
itsafineday
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 16-2-2019 at 03:38

Quote: Originally posted by silveroranges  
Purchased quite a bit of glassware and lab supplies from Dr.Bob, and hands down best experience. Very professional, quick to reply to emails, fast shipping. And the items are packaged very robustly. 10/10 will buy from again.

I can't seem to get him to respond to me since I sent him my email.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 18-2-2019 at 09:35

I've gotten back to itsafineday, it just took me a while to find the things for his kit. I apolifize to anyone whom I am slow to get back, I am carrying on about 10 or more conversations most days, so I can lose track of one or two sometimes until I get caught up with people and look back. U2Us are hard to keep track of, so I try to use regular email once I get corresponding, I answer that much faster than u2us.

Also, I will be traveling some over the next few weeks, so I will be hard to get up with then, please be patient, but I will have limited email and web access for a few weeks, so if you are wanting something soon, please let me know immediately, and I will try to get it before I leave.
itsafineday
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 20-2-2019 at 06:47

Thanks Dr. Bob. Sorry for the impatience.
SHADYCHASE54
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 28-3-2019 at 19:15

Dr. Bob I was just wondering if you any auger type powder addition funnels 100ml or greater?

Thank you.
If you do and the price is right, I will buy it. Obviously I don't expect it be $50. So if you have one shoot me a price you can live with 24/40 or 29/42 preferred but I will make anything work.

One last question do you happen to have any 10/18 lab glass kicking about, I nearly have a full set, I am just missing some condensers and a couple adapters. (Reflux, west/lib. Short path dist. and mini vigrex or hemple). I know 10/18's are rare these days and less sought than the 14/20 sets but I figured I would ask, with hope.

Thanks as always,
I.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 30-3-2019 at 18:27

I still have a few 14/20 and 24/40 solid addition funnels, there might even be a photo posted somewhere here already, but I will try to find them and make a list shortly. I think I have 100 or 125 ml and then something about 250 ml.

I have a few odd pieces of 10/18, sold a small kit a while back, but I have a 10/19 Quickfit C1/00 little tiny condenser, about 2" of jacketed length. Also have a few other pieces somewhere around here. I think I also have a short path somewhere, with an even tinier therm joint (maybe 6/8 or something like that) on it, not sure if I have a therm that fits it, but I can look.
SHADYCHASE54
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 31-3-2019 at 00:45

Hello again Dr. Bob,
For now I have decided to say forget the 10/18 glassware I will revisit it at a later date. What I would like to buy is your largest 24/40 auger type powder addition funnel ideally 125cm3 -250cm3 24/40. As well, I will buy a dewar condenser of medium to large size, if you still have any? I would also dearly like to buy a 10/30 distillation thermometer but I worry that the Hg would make the shipping cost to Canada prohibitive. If it doesnt effect the cost too much I would be excited to add one to my order.

Best regards,
I.

[Edited on 31-3-2019 by SHADYCHASE54]

[Edited on 31-3-2019 by SHADYCHASE54]
PrussianBlue
Harmless

[*] posted on 14-4-2019 at 17:52
Free Drying Oven

Anyone in MN want a free drying oven? I was given one awhile back and haven't touched it, so I just need it gone ASAP. I can get some photos if anyone is interested.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 14-4-2019 at 18:43

Here are a few auger type, equalized, solid addition funnels, some gas washing tubes, and a drain-able graduated flask.

20190408_213952   solid addition funnels.JPG - 654kB 20190414_184424   gas washing tubes.JPG - 763kB 20190414_184609   grad cyl drain.JPG - 183kB
CharlieA
National Hazard

[*] posted on 15-4-2019 at 16:48

Dr. Bob, Would you by any chance have the glass stopper assemblies for the drying tubes?
Somehow I bid on a couple of drying tubes that didn't come with the stopper assemblies.
Thanks, Charlie A
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 18-4-2019 at 18:34

I might have some stoppers that would fit, post or u2u the diameters you need. But I will be out the next week so it won't be for a week or two. And I will try to post prices for the glassware above once Ii get back. I was trying to do that before, but had internet issues.
CharlieA
National Hazard

[*] posted on 20-4-2019 at 08:51
glassware order

Dr. Bob, I'm still interested in a 14/20 kit with Dean-Stark trap.

For the 2 gas washing bottles/traps see the attached photos.

I am not in any hurry for any of these items; I'll be out of my lab until the end of May.
Thanks, Charlie

20190420_100853.jpg - 1.1MB 20190420_100912.jpg - 827kB
SHADYCHASE54
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 9-5-2019 at 19:02

I just received my order from Dr. Bob,
if you need any difficult to source lab glass then just ask him, in my experience he probably has it. My items were well packed he's helpful and his prices are unbelievable. Shipping to Canada can be pricey however what you save on equipment renders the shipping cost moot.

Highly recommend!
beeludwig
Harmless

[*] posted on 11-5-2019 at 14:21

Hey guys, I'm a chemistry teacher and I'd metaphorically kill for any type of equipment. I teach an alternative program Boston that didn't even have a hands on chemistry program before they hired me. I've been doing some kitchen chemistry and self-funding what I can. But if anyone has stuff they want to donate to a good cause let me know

[Edited on 11-5-2019 by beeludwig]
SHADYCHASE54
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 12-6-2019 at 05:39

Dr. Bob,
I sent u a u2u message
acidbaby
Harmless

[*] posted on 17-6-2019 at 12:38

Dr. Bob, I sent a U2U.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 19-9-2019 at 04:49

Thanks to the many people who have been helping me find homes for so much glassware. I have editted the list to reflect the best guess of what I have left, and it still does NOT include much of the items in photos in this thread, as many are one of a kind items with no easy part number or stock description. I have lots of dewars of all shapes and sizes, many distillation heads (some I cannot even explain), vacuum traps, many various adapters and much more. I am mostly out of routine 24/40 flasks, but still have some 14/20 and many 29/42 flasks in round, pear, recovery, and multiple necks. And I have volumetric flasks of many types, only some are listed in the spreadsheet.

I have been slammed trying to fill a number of orders recently, so you asked me for something, and I have not gotten back, please do contact me to remind me of your order. Once you contact me via a private message, I can give you my email, and that is much better for discussing orders, plus I can send photos or spreadsheets there. Again, thanks to the many people who have helped me reduce the amount of glassware by a significant amountm, but I do still have quite a bit, and still finding more in boxes crammed everywhere in my storage spaces. Lastly, other than maybe Canada, most international shipping is so expensive from the US that it is just not practical to ship from the US to other countries now, due to the rapid increases in postage, and growing issues with lab supplies in customs. For small, special items, there may be a rare exception, but only if you are willing to accept the risks of customs, import fees, and high postage rates.

Attachment: Glassware Inventory Oct 2018.xls (104kB)
This file has been downloaded 465 times

SHADYCHASE54
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 19-9-2019 at 08:17

Hello all,
I just wanted to once again recommend Dr.Bob as a reseller, after multiple successful orders he is by far my preferred seller of consumables, glassware etc. Furthermore he's a great guy and goes the extra mile to work out a deal that works for both you and he. Put it this way if Dr.Bob asked me to make a direct payment via money transfer rather than PayPal I would do so without a second thought as I know both my money's safe with him and that I will get exactly what I ordered.
Thanks again Dr.Bob for another perfect transaction.
A+++

Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 20-10-2019 at 18:15

Here are some photos of newly found items, from a few more boxes from the bottom of the pile. There is a good bit of 19-22, so I broke it into 2 "kits", one pretty complete, the second one is OK, but not complete. Then there are some extra pieces, in two other photos. I would ask $100 for the first kit, and $75 for the second one, and I can add any of the other extras to it for the price of the item in 14/20. Or I can sell single items, or mix and match, but I prefer to sell the 19/22 in a few bundles, so offers for the kits take priority.

20191020_164443 19-22 kit 1 box.jpg - 1.5MB 20191020_165046 19-22 kit #2 smaller.jpg - 1.8MB
20191020_164722 19-22 extras 1.jpg - 1.5MB 20191020_164836 19-22 dist head and sohxlet.jpg - 1.2MB

Pages:  1  ..  21    23    25  ..  30

Go To Top