Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  22    24    26  ..  30
Author: Subject: Science equipment looking for a home
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

Member Is Online

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 20-10-2019 at 18:26

Here is another group of photos of more sep funnels I found in 250 and 125 ml sizes. I also still have some 250 ml ones with glass stopcocks for $25, as well as one brand new 250 ml sep funnel for $35. The used 125 ml are $25 each, the used 250 ml below are $30

20191020_170318 250 sep funnels.jpg - 1.4MB 20191020_171239 125 ml sep funnels with stoppers.jpg - 1MB

[Edited on 21-10-2019 by Dr.Bob]
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 20-10-2019 at 19:08

Here are a few more photos. Some Shlenk line stuff (one piece is broken), some older glassware (make an offer or some or all, I have more Florence flasks somewhere else), and 2 simple 24/40 addition funnels (no equilibrium tube, $20 each). Lots of random stuff.

20191020_160950 slenck line stuff.jpg - 1.4MB 20191020_171652 old chem glassware small.jpg - 1.8MB 20191020_165314 24-40 125 addition funnels small.jpg - 678kB
earpain
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 28-10-2019 at 07:44
Distillation kit

Greetings Dr. Bob!
I'm very broke but working on some business ideas and deeply in love with chemistry. Any chance of a 24/40 distillation kit? Details such as condenser type and length, flask size on either side, are not important as much as the price.
I only ask for 24/40 because I still have a few working flasks. Vacuum connector would be crucial and thermometer + thermometer adapter would be nice but just a 3 way with stopper would be fine if it made a difference in price. Thanks in advance!
**edit**Please disregard , I found a rare deal on ebay. but i'll likely be emailing soon regarding some of the items on your spreadsheet.

[Edited on 28-10-2019 by earpain]
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 29-10-2019 at 18:05

I do have lots of 24/40 distillation kit pieces, not sure if I have enough yet to make a complete kit, but working on finding the missing pieces to make a few. I don't have many rbfs left, but might be able to piece together a few. If I could make a complete setup, I would ask about $100, but if you just need certain pieces I can help with that. I also have many add on pieces, like more unique condensers, adapters, and distillation heads. I have similar issues with 14/20, where I have many rb flasks, mostly smaller 3 necks, and most of the kits, but I am missing 3 way dist heads, which seem to be hard to find. If anyone has any, I am happy to swap for some or buy a couple.
Phosphor-ing
Hazard to Others

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 30-10-2019 at 04:48

Received another order from Dr.Bob. Shipper obviously had had a bad day. There were a couple of broken pieces. But as always Dr.Bob made it right! He truly is a blessing to this forum and amateur chemistry.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" -Ronald Reagan
hasani10
Harmless

[*] posted on 16-11-2019 at 10:31

Hi Dr Bob, I was wondering if you ship to UK and if so what would shipping cost be? What pieces of 19/22 glassware do you have?If it's easier for you is it okay if i u2u message you? Thank you very much
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 16-11-2019 at 19:40

It is getting extremely expensive to ship anything out of the US now, due to stupid postal treaties that are now out of date. Canada is even gotten somewhat crazy, so I have mostly stopped shipping internationally. The 19/22 glass ware I have is mostly displayed in the posts from just a month ago or so, that is all of it, so mostly in 2 kits and a few extras.

Those kits would be a about 3 or 4 pounds weight each, which would likely be about $45 in postage, not including any customs fees, insurance, or other problems. So sadly, that is making it tough to justify.
vibbzlab
Hazard to Others

Mood: Always curious

[*] posted on 16-11-2019 at 20:52

Equipments are costlier than many chemicals in India. I can easily get almost all chemicals though

Amateur chemist. Doctor by profession
Have a small cute home chemistry lab.

Please do check out my lab in YouTube link below

This is my YouTube channel
hasani10
Harmless

[*] posted on 17-11-2019 at 11:21

Ooof yeah that's pretty far beyond worth it, thanks anyway though!
Doc B
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 5-1-2020 at 07:36

Any chance you have any of the following?

A short but highly effective B29 condenser.

A B24 cow or pig adapter w/ vacuum take off.

Drives, gears, vapour tubes &/or, evaporation flasks for 1-5L rotavap?

Receiver flask with drain stopcock.
Doc B
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 5-1-2020 at 07:41

Quote: Originally posted by Magpie  
Dr.Bob:

I am looking for a thistle tube like the one shown in the photo. If you have anything similar please let me know. -Don

I've got a box of maybe 25 of them. Which I've hidden away out of all sight, since someone labled them as “butt tubes“
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 5-1-2020 at 13:47

Quote: Originally posted by Doc B  

I have lots of 29/42 condensers, inclduing some reflux types.

I have a few simpler 24/40 2/3 port pig and cow types, maybe a 4 place bull.

Lots of glassware, parts, and extras for rotovaps of almost all types, incl receivers for 250-2 or 3 L in S35, steam ducts and more, if you know what the part number is let me know, or tell the model and type of condenser you need parts for. Also have lots of bump bulbs in many sizes.
Not sure if I have a S35 receiver with a drain, but I do have the multi part condensers with valves and drains built into the unit, so you can change receivers on the fly.
Doc B
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 16-1-2020 at 10:18

Quote: Originally posted by Dr.Bob  
Quote: Originally posted by Doc B  

I have lots of 29/42 condensers, inclduing some reflux types.

I have a few simpler 24/40 2/3 port pig and cow types, maybe a 4 place bull.

Lots of glassware, parts, and extras for rotovaps of almost all types, incl receivers for 250-2 or 3 L in S35, steam ducts and more, if you know what the part number is let me know, or tell the model and type of condenser you need parts for. Also have lots of bump bulbs in many sizes.
Not sure if I have a S35 receiver with a drain, but I do have the multi part condensers with valves and drains built into the unit, so you can change receivers on the fly.

Thanks for getting back to me, Dr. Bob!

A short B29 reflux condenser would be awesome, do you have any matching drying tubes, 2/3 neck flask or claisen adapters?
A 3 port B24 cow/pig, with flat bottom flask and a straight vacuum t/o adapter if possible?
Do you have any long thermo wells, with a B24 socket?
My rotovap is the RE-201D from ZZKD. What I need most for it is a replacement driving mechanism or a new worm and gear. A couple of bump traps and steam tubes would also be great. Although rotavaps are awesome and I only gained that appreciation from this mode. It really is still piece of crap, which I really ought replace. The evaporatoring flask is held to the rotating vapour tube with a Keck clip. There's only friction provided by the flange clamps that allows the tube/flask to rotate by a plastic gear locked on the sleeve, that's engaged by a steel worm.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 31-1-2020 at 10:40

Has anyone ever seen a larger two pin connector for a Glas-Col heating mantle before? I have one mantle with a twist lock plug that looks similar to the normal ones, but is about 1/4" larger, and has a different shape to the two plugs. This is not the 3 pin type, I have seen those before, but appears to be an older design maybe? If anyone has seen those before, or better yet has a spare plug for them, I would appreciate knowing. My best guess is that this is just an older plug and I need to replace it with a newer one, but not sure.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 25-2-2020 at 18:55

I wanted to update people on a few areas of glassware. I get a lot of inquiries, and try to answer as fast as I can, but I am slow sometimes, please remind me if you don't get a quick answer. I am trying to keep my lists current, but I still have much of this in dozens of stackedd boxes in storage, not is display racks, so hard to have an exact count, ask if you're not sure.

I am running out of 24/40 round bottom flasks in most sizes. But I still have many 24/40 condensers, adapters, fittings, and accessories, but I'm running out of flasks, Dean-Stark traps,
addition funnels (I have a very few left), and some fittings. I do still have many flasks in 14/20 and 29/42, along with most other items. I have a large variety of 29/42 flasks (250 ml to 5L, many are 3 necks) as well as condensors, addition funnels, adapters, fittings, and accessories. So if you are interested in doing larger scale work or distillations (500 ml to 5+L), the 29/42 size may be a way to get glassware cheaper, as they all sell for the same price as I ask for 24/40, or less in some cases.

If you want to do smaller work, 14/20 glassware works well for 5 to 500 ml scale. I still have a wide variety of items there, but I am running out of some items in 14/20 also. I still have many 14/20 flasks, condensers, addition funnels, adapters, and more. I also still have two kits of 19/22 glassware which are not "complete" kits, but contain a lot of neat stuff for cheap.

I still have a few erlenmeyer flasks, smaller beakers, various bottles, and filter flasks, as well as many volumetric flasks, and I have recently found more sep funnels recently from 30 ml to 4 L, but this is likely the last few boxes of them I have, so I will likely run out again before too long.
I also still have a lot of glass frit funnels and a few Buchners left, plus a few boxes/types of filter papers. And I have a number of Soxhlets in many sizes, from tiny to huge.

Lastly, I still have many plastic droppers, pipettors and plastic tips (20, 200, and 1000 ul), volumetric and serological pippettes, 96 well type plates, and many other disposable type items. And some random HPLC columns of completely unknown quality for cheap.

[Edited on 26-2-2020 by Dr.Bob]

Attachment: Glassware Inventory Feb 2020.xls (74kB)
This file has been downloaded 519 times

AvBaeyer
National Hazard

[*] posted on 26-2-2020 at 20:12

Dr Bob,

I have a 1 L heating mantle with the large plug you describe. Other than that it has been years since I have seen that size except for large mantles. Unfortunately, I have only the single cord.

AvB
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 27-2-2020 at 15:50

I finally got Glas Col to answer the phone and they said that this is an older plug that has not been used in many years, and they stopped selling parts for those years ago. But they do have new plugs available that can be swapped out to use a standard cord. So I was able to put a new plug on the mantle, and I have lots of the normal cords. I checked all over, and could not find a cord like that anywhere. But thanks for the answer, as no one else have ever seen one, so I had started to wonder if it was some custom item for a while. I still have a few 500 ml mantles, as well as a few other small ones and some odd ones, like beaker heaters, which I need to inventory still.
CouchHatter
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 14-3-2020 at 14:16
free respirator and non-matching cartridges

I have a 3M full-face 6800 respirator lightly used,

and some 742-series 3M Scott cartridges that have been opened and never used. Stamped good until 10/10/20.

The cartridges are not compatible with the respirator. If you want to pay for shipping, just PM me! Free to a good home.

DSC_0803.jpg - 298kBDSC_0804.jpg - 187kB
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 27-3-2020 at 12:48

Not as relevant as a gas mask right now, but I got a few Rotovap motors fixed (with a great deal of help from another user here), so if people are interested in building their own rotovap, I have many of the parts available, stands, motors, condensers, glassware, and a yet to be fixed water bath, and almost everything else needed to set one up. if I am slowly making a list of what is available, but if you are interested, let me know and I can give you the info.

Dr.Bob
International Hazard

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 10-4-2020 at 15:50

I want to point out that Springer is making 400+ ebooks available for free right now, including many good chemsitry texts. The list is below, there is a url way over to the right to get each book. Inlcuyding Carey and Sunburg's Ad.v Org. Chem texts.

https://resource-cms.springernature.com/springer-cms/rest/v1...
arkoma
Redneck Overlord

Mood: украї́нська

[*] posted on 10-4-2020 at 21:27

Thanks Dr. Bob

"We believe the knowledge and cultural heritage of mankind should be accessible to all people around the world, regardless of their wealth, social status, nationality, citizenship, etc" z-lib

WGTR
National Hazard

Mood: Outline

[*] posted on 11-4-2020 at 10:49

Thank you for posting that Dr. Bob. I found several of those books very useful.

Dr.Bob
International Hazard

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 13-4-2020 at 14:10

Folks, I just found about a kilo of Merck type flash grade (60 Å, ~320 mesh ...) Silica Gel in an old plastic bottle which cracked when I moved it. It appears clean and new, might not be completely dry as when new or as fresh as new, but seems prefectly good. Since the original bottle was cracked, I transferred the material to 4 clean plastic bottles from other reagents, each with ~200-300 g of silica gel (they variy in size some). I am happy to give this away to anyone with any other order, as shipping just the silica will be a pain, and I will hold a couple for the few people who just ordered from me, since they just missed an easy shot at it. But its basically first come, first serve, and please only ask for it you have a use for it, and can or will run a column with it. I have some little baby columns prepacked with silica I have thrown into recent orders and Christmas packages which are good for testing chrom. runs before going bigger. Note, this is not GMP, GLP, or even ACS reagent grade, due to its age and lack of lot paperwork, so please don't use it on food, drugs, or clinical work. Research purposes only. (My lawyer made me say this...) It is also very fine, so wear your CV mask when handling, as it is bad for the lungs to breathe the dust.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 16-4-2020 at 05:36

Electronic and medical gadgets of all types for auction

If anyone is interested in electronics or other obscure medical gadgets, there is an auction nearby with some amazing electronics testing stuff, and I suspect that due to the virus, there will be little interest right now. So I plan to bid on a few smaller items, but if you see anything that you like, I could arrange to try to get it and ship it if you are serious about it. Some of these things look like $1000 items (others look like $10 items as well). But I thought I would mentino it as many people here like fixing things and electronics. They have microscopes (they are hard to ship, however), scopes, heart monitors, tools, and much more.

https://svdisposition.hibid.com/catalog/207809/neurotronik/
earpain
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 16-4-2020 at 09:59

@Dr.Bob Looks like your last inventory update via spread sheet was in February. Do you an up to date one now? I was about to click 'go' on an order, but I think you often would beat these prices, and I'm a bit lacking in experience.

Namely: So I need a molecular , micro, distillation set up for distilling heavy oils. I have the vacuum source and a digital micron gauge that I'm delighted with. However I noticed it very odd that on Ebay, comparing three vendors closest to me that had SPD heads, the price range was:
$20 - $40 for one of them.

$40 - ~$70 for another.

And then a very long established and reputable vendor: $80 - $300, just for the SPD head.

Also in some cases that seemed suspicious, big name USA branding is claimed, this is for flasks as well, but then there will be a disclaimer: Branding may differ, etc.

Pages:  1  ..  22    24    26  ..  30

Go To Top