Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  24    26    28  ..  30
Author: Subject: Science equipment looking for a home
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3-10-2020 at 09:16

I do have burettes, the 25 and 50 ml ones are in 0.1 incriments, I have one 10 ml one with marks every 0.05 ml. They would be $15 or 2 for $25, the postage for them can be a little high as they are long and fragile, so they end up in bigger boxes or tubes.

I do have a simple 10 ml dean Stark left in 24/40 (lots left in 14/20 and 29/42 joints), that would be $20.

I have a few addition funnels left in 24/40, 2 in 125 ml (one graduated Ace, ($50), one is not ($45)). one 500 ml ($65)

And I have lots of glass washing bottles, photos and prices are a few pages back I think in this thread.
Panache
International Hazard

Mood: Instead of being my deliverance, she had a resemblance to a Kat named Frankenstein

[*] posted on 7-10-2020 at 00:51

Dr Bob, do you have any qvf stuff?. Im after a 50l vessel holder. Basically a cast aluminium part contoured to the 50l rb they sell.
Actually do you have list of what you have?
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 8-10-2020 at 16:30

I do have some jacketed reactors, only a few, mostly 1L and smaller, but a couple of 2 L ones, I think, and one brand new 5L jacketted reacttor, which I hope to put on ebay soon. They sell for ~$3000 new, but I doubt I wil get near that, so if anyone wants one, let me know. But the 500 and 1000 ml ones I do have about 6 of I think. I also have some sort of 10-12 L fermentation thing, which is a non-jacketted cylinder reactor with about 12 different inlets and joints on top. Still trying to figure out prices for them, but willing to take offers. I have some photos, but need to find that picture folder again.

Also, I do have some parts and fitting in QVF brands, again, many are single items, odd pieces, and more. But I have glass pipes, elbows and a drain to build a sep funnel like fixed reactor drain setup. Just have not had time to unpack, photograph and list on Ebay yet.

[Edited on 9-10-2020 by Dr.Bob]
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 8-10-2020 at 17:06

Also, I just got 12 Qorpak 250 ml narrow mouth, amber bottles with greem PTFE lined caps. I have had 60 and 120 ml ones, and some people wanted bigger, but I just got some with a trade of some bottles with another member. I have one 1L one left as well, haven;t had 500 ml for a while, but if enough people wanted some, I could try to find some. Hope everyone is staying well.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-10-2020 at 17:54

I finally took some photos of some more unusual stir rods. These are 10 mm diam and mostly about 16-20 inches long. I have multiples of most of these, plus the normal nail head type 10 mm stir rods in several lengths. The all glass ones have 3 or 4 paddles, straight or curved. and have several types. I would ask $25 each for these, less for multiples. They sell for about $150 new from Chemglass..

https://chemglass.com/stirring-shafts-polished-10mm-three-bl...

https://chemglass.com/stirring-shafts-polished-10mm-four-bla...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/All-Glass-Stirring-Rod-3-Paddles-10...

I had some issues posting this, and could not get it to cro pright, but then it shrunk part while I tried to cut it in half.

20201011_115333cropleft.jpg - 813kB 20201011_115333cropright.jpg - 924kB
arkoma
Redneck Overlord

Mood: украї́нська

[*] posted on 13-10-2020 at 09:34

Thanks again Dr. Bob!! Got my stirbars today and indeed it is a nice assortment. Pray tell, what is you ebay store called?

"We believe the knowledge and cultural heritage of mankind should be accessible to all people around the world, regardless of their wealth, social status, nationality, citizenship, etc" z-lib

Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-10-2020 at 16:34

I tried to use researchtrianglebooks but my friend had used it and abandoned it before, so it was locked up. So I use rearchtrianglebooksandmore, the link is:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/researchtrianglebooksandmore/m.html

I have not had time to list much here, I mostly list the science items I have a lot of, as it is so complex now. Ebay is now requiring a UPC, manufacturer part number, multiple photos and much more for every item. I also have a few clothing items that I have gotten a while back at a store closing auction where I wanted a few items but I had to bid on a large lot just to get a few shirts. I went to one many yeara ago and got a bunch of nice Nike shirts for $5 each, so I sold those as well, but I occasionally find similar deals now. If anyone wants anything there, I can offer a much better price directly through paypal, as Ebay adds 15% to the entire puchase, including postage, so it ened up costing about 25more fees, both are way too high now.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-10-2020 at 17:00

Going to try a few more photos. I just assembled a Buchi Rotovap R111 for someone recently, and I have another one, almost identical almost finished as well. I sold the last one for about $800, but I can adapt or build one for almost any variation, dry ice condenser, complex receiver (allows draining it while running), and I have a few heads. I even have steam ducts for 29/42 as well as 24/40. I also have various glassware options, sizes, and bump bulbs, etc. I may list one on Ebay eventually, but as stated above, that raises the price by about 20% almost immediately. So if anyone if interested in a complete Rotovap or parts and pieces, I have quite a few left. I also have some older motors which could be used to build a simpler Rotovap for less.

[Edited on 14-10-2020 by Dr.Bob]

20200914_213618crop.jpg - 1.4MB20200914_213809crop1.jpg - 1.3MB
Texium
Administrator

Mood: PhD candidate!

[*] posted on 13-10-2020 at 17:06

How much for a dry ice condenser alone?

I don't know why I'm even asking when I don't have time to set up a lab right now...

Come check out the Official Sciencemadness Wiki
They're not really active right now, but here's my YouTube channel and my blog.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-10-2020 at 17:15

The complete dry ice condenser with stopcock I would ask about $150 to $200 for, depending on exactly which type and if you want the receeiver and clamp or threaded coupler or seal. They go for $400-800 on Ebay.
arkoma
Redneck Overlord

Mood: украї́нська

[*] posted on 14-10-2020 at 01:22

Quote: Originally posted by Texium (zts16)  
How much for a dry ice condenser alone?
I don't know why I'm even asking when I don't have time to set up a lab right now...

Because we just can't help it...............

"We believe the knowledge and cultural heritage of mankind should be accessible to all people around the world, regardless of their wealth, social status, nationality, citizenship, etc" z-lib

Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 15-10-2020 at 18:12

Anybody have a use for a glass tube, about 24" long, 2" ID, 2 3/16" OD, (~51 mm ID, 56 mm OD, wall about 2 mm thick. Not quartz, based on UV absroance, I assume it is Pyrex/borosilicate, but not sure. It appears to have been part of some chromatographic system maybe, or might be intended as a reactor tube, but it is possible that it was just some glass plumbing (used to be used in many labs to resist acids and solvents) of some sort as well. There are no flanges or joints at the end, it is just cut smooth and firepolished slightly. I might have a few of these, but just found one for sure, think I have seen others in the pile.

I am happy to give it to anyone in the US who will pay the postage (about 3 pounds inside a tube, more if shipped in a better padded box). That could be as little as $10 or up to $20 to Cal. Or I can add it to any other order for the additional shipping. I have so many odd things like this that I just don't know what to do with them. if I had time to unpack, photograph and list them it would be great, but I barely have time to do much lately, so just trying to clean up loose items that were packed in boxes that I have almost emptired otherwise. I have many loose items like that that are just hard to describe or sell.

Also just found a 500 ml round bottom flask in mint condition with three necks, the center is 34/45, the two sicde are both 29/42, ideal for anyone who already has some 29/42 glassware. I'd only ask $10, and it is like new. I still have lots of various all 29/42 rbfs, mostly 3 necks, from 100 to 1000 ml, they all sell for 24/40 price.

[Edited on 16-10-2020 by Dr.Bob]
Texium
Administrator

Mood: PhD candidate!

[*] posted on 15-10-2020 at 20:25

Do you have 29/42 to 24/40 adapters? (I don’t need them, but if you do, it might make it easier to sell off some of those flasks).

Don’t have a use for that tubing either: I had a brief hope that it would fit nicely in my tube furnace, but then I realized that it’s definitely too fat.

Come check out the Official Sciencemadness Wiki
They're not really active right now, but here's my YouTube channel and my blog.
Morgan
International Hazard

[*] posted on 16-10-2020 at 09:08

Quote: Originally posted by Texium (zts16)  
Do you have 29/42 to 24/40 adapters? (I don’t need them, but if you do, it might make it easier to sell off some of those flasks).

Don’t have a use for that tubing either: I had a brief hope that it would fit nicely in my tube furnace, but then I realized that it’s definitely too fat.

As an aside, there is this big hunk of quartz for sale at a reasonable price on eBay. While it's just another tube furnace I was wondering if it would work as a barking dog demonstration too. Sometimes with an intake, shapes like this will rev up or bark quite impressively as feedback builds akin to a valveless pulsejet. You could also stopper the small end and most probable get it to bark just using methanol.
Anyway just a thought ...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fused-Quartz-Glass-Tube-Furnace-app...
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 16-10-2020 at 16:20

I am running out of those adapters, which is why I figure they are best for someone who already has some 29/42 glassware. I already have some 29/42 rbfs on Ebay, but not a lot of sales. Just figured I would mention it here first. I have lots of 14/20 to 29/42 adapters left, howeverr...
zenosxr
Harmless

[*] posted on 22-10-2020 at 16:59

I am looking for a 24/40 tube for a vacuum trap, the one I had shattered but head is good. Have anything that would work? (Aspirator vac only).
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 29-10-2020 at 07:48

Here is the latest list of what is left. I have tried to hide the lines that I am out of, so most of what you will see if what I actually have left.

I may have stuff not on the list, but should have most of what is listed now. Thanks again for the great interest from Science Madness users.

Attachment: Glassware Inventory Nov 2020.xls (97kB)
This file has been downloaded 507 times

flakestoday
Harmless

[*] posted on 3-11-2020 at 11:02

Just want to make a quick post thanking Dr Bob - I have ordered glassware through him twice, and both times couldn't have gone more smoothly. Great packaging (even had some extra bottles and misc labware thrown into one of the orders) and everything was in great condition.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 14-11-2020 at 14:03

People keep asking me for photos of items, so I have compiled a list of photos that are already posted.

I have many more, but it takes a bit of work to upload them (many are too big or too small), but I can upload more photos if there are particular groups of items people want to see. I still have many items not listed yet anywhere, but keep trying to catalog and list another box each week or so. Examples of things not yet well cataloged are pippetors, 96 well plates, vial racks, adapters (rg 14/20 to 24/40), stoppers, rotovap parts, and much more. I also still have some 24/40 and 29/42 odd stuff not yet photographed.

The list below shows the page of the thread and what photos are in that page. I left out the photos of things that are all sold already like large rbfs and stirplates. You can either select that page by clicking on the page in the Page selector at the top or bottom left (eg Pages 1 2 3 ... 26) or just edit the URL to be the page number at the end of the web address, eg the right side of the line below:

http: // www.sciencemadness.org/ talk/ viewthread.php?tid=15667&page=26

Thread Page
3 - 14/20 odd pieces - condensers, adapters, addition funnels, etc
4 - some examples of 29/42 glassware - I have much , much more left.
5 - 24/40 odd pieces - Dean Starks (mostly gone), resin vessels, vial and tt racks, TLC chambers, etc
6 - rotovap condensers, vacuum traps, flash columns, odd fraction collectors
7 - 24/40 claisens, 19/22 kit, more traps, 24/40 dewar condensers (some gone)
8 - 47mm membrane filtration kit (I have many more of these in many variations)
9 - many filter frits, 14/20 various pieces, bits, and odd fittings, dist heads, dist. fraction collector
10 - Dewars and more dewars
11 - Thermometers and thermocouples
12 - Still heads, more dewars, condensers, 14/20 pieces
13 - 14/20 glasssware
15 - 24/40 condensers (some sold now), still heads, vacuum traps, sep funnels, dewars
16 - more complex rotovap condensers -
17 - flash columns, distillation heads, list of some free books
18 - glass dish containers
19 - More dewars
20 - Rotovap parts
21 - jacketed reactors, rbf with drain
23 - solid addition funnels, gas washing bottles, 19/22 kits (one is sold)
24 - small sep funnels
25 - Schlenk stuff, older and odd glassware, non-eq. addition funnels
26 - Odd Stir shafts, complete rotovap

[Edited on 14-11-2020 by Dr.Bob]

[Edited on 14-11-2020 by Dr.Bob]
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 27-11-2020 at 19:18

I am gathering together a few 24/40 distillation kits for two people right now, and while I am doing it, I am trying to put together about 3 more kits while I am doing this, as that will use many of the remaiing parts that I have left. I will still have some 24/40 parts, fittings, and condensers, but likely won't have enough to make full kits after these kits. I also still have lots of more complex still heads, custom pieces, adapters of all types, and much more. I may try to post some photos once the kits are done, both of them, and of the remaining items.

I am out of most large 24/40 rb flasks, so they will only have a few smaller flasks (likely 50 and 100 ml, maybe larger), but would include a 3 way dist head, curved vacuum adapter, claisen adapter, condenser (west or liebig is what I have the most of), a stopper, glass inlet, 2 keck clips, and then an assortment of other items. I can then add more items as desired as well as some bonus items that may vary. If you are interested, please let me know and I will let you know once they are ready, as well as can check for any additions you might want.

Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 14-12-2020 at 18:06

Just found a box with a few more larger sized 24/40 addition funnels in 250, 500, and I think 1000 ml sizes. I'm still checking them out and cleaning and testing them, but if you had asked me for one, please let me know if you want one, and I will give you first dibs. I know a few people asked be about them recently, and I was about out, but just found these while looking for some other items. I also still have lots in 29/42 as well and some smaller ones in 14/20, mostly 10, 25, and 50/60 ml ones. Also just found a nice 4 L erlenmeyer if anyone was looking for one.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 1-1-2021 at 10:29

Anyone want a 1975 CRC handbook of Chemistry and Physics? Free with postage. I have a growing pile of old science books to clear out, so if you are looking for any chemistry or science books, please send me a rough idea of topics or list of subjects/titles and I can try to find you a box of them for the postage, which is roughly $3 plus $0.50 per pound for books. I have a box full of math books, lots of chemistry books, and many toxicology/carcinogeniesis/safety and related books. I sent one person a whole box of chemistry books for about $9 in postage. If you will be in NC anytime, I will fill your car with them...
valeg96
Hazard to Others

Mood: Moodless

[*] posted on 1-1-2021 at 11:17

Quote: Originally posted by Dr.Bob  
Anyone want a 1975 CRC handbook of Chemistry and Physics? Free with postage. I have a growing pile of old science books to clear out, so if you are looking for any chemistry or science books, please send me a rough idea of topics or list of subjects/titles and I can try to find you a box of them for the postage, which is roughly $3 plus $0.50 per pound for books. I have a box full of math books, lots of chemistry books, and many toxicology/carcinogeniesis/safety and related books. I sent one person a whole box of chemistry books for about $9 in postage. If you will be in NC anytime, I will fill your car with them...

I'd take them without second thought, but I'm based in Europe, so unless you can find a way to ship them here, I don't know ...

[Edited on 1-1-2021 by valeg96]

Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 1-1-2021 at 16:30

Yes, this is US only. I have had a growing issue shipping nearly anything internationally, so I am only doing US sales and shipping right now. Covid, politics, and rising prices have made international postage insane.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 7-1-2021 at 19:03

I wanted to let people know that I have been tied up with some family medical issues (not covid, but just about as bad) the last few weeks, so I apoligize if I have left anyone waiting for answers on emails or u2us.

I just got a few orders mostly ready, finihsed or packed, so I want to try to finish any remaining requests or queries that I may have let slide over the last month or so. With covid, having any medical issue is a diaster right now, so dealing with it has barely allowed me to keep up with my day job, much less my other tasks. So sorry if I have left anyone hanging, I think I have caught up with most, but if not, please send me a u2u or an email and I will try to finish the process. I always prioritize paid orders, so I think I have shipped all paid orders pretty well, but some people had asked me about various things and I may not have answered all in a timely way, so I am sorry.

I just hope that this nightmare (covid) gets controlled soon, so that we can all get back to dealing with the normal stress of staying alive and well, which was already mor than enough stress for most of us.
 Pages:  1  ..  24    26    28  ..  30

Go To Top