Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Synthesis section?
Fyndium
International Hazard

[*] posted on 17-1-2021 at 12:13
Synthesis section?

Prepublication section constitutes pretty much the concept, but I figured if there would be a collected database of proven or verified synthesis of all kinds of levels? Now the data is spread all around the forum, and it can take several pages, even dozens to find a suitable method for certain process. For example, in the benzaldehyde thread, the opening post contained a method with ice bath cooled concentrated acid route, but as the thread evolved, a more sophisticated method with diluted acid and a catalyst was introduced. Same goes with the nitrite preparation - it is there, posted by a good member, but not in any ways as such as it could be considered tried and proven, but it works as I tried it out. I, personally, collect synthesis that are from credible sources of proven by actual people and I have copied and re-written several dozens of syntheses on my folders which I could even theoretically find useful, because they might disappear or get lost on the web, or - as the usual case - they are gathered from several sources containing crumbles of data.

The threads could be merged so, that any method leading to the titled compound is under it, and comments should be limited to pertaining threads already existing in the forum.

Would this make of enough difference from prepublication that it might be worthy considering?
NaK
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 17-1-2021 at 12:53

A rhodium for chemistry in general. I think that was the purpose of the wiki?
njl
National Hazard

Mood: ambivalent

[*] posted on 17-1-2021 at 16:20

I like the idea of a "Rhodium for chemistry in general". organic-chemistry.org is similar but I think a crowdsourced version on here would be nice. Maybe you submit something to be added, there's some discussion about it, and it either gets added or rejected.

Go To Top