Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Boy killed in Sweden by homemade explosive
rikkitikkitavi
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 22-2-2004 at 09:58
Boy killed in Sweden by homemade explosive

http://www.dn.se/DNet/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=147&a=236561&am...

A major swedish newspaper reports that a 15 year old boy was killed instantly on the night between sat. and sunday when a homemade bomd exploded .

His three friends at the site where not physically injured but severly chocked.

Police and bomd squad later evacuated the apartment building in which the boy lived, to search the apartment for explosives.

/rickard
IgnorantlyIntelligent
Moderately Insane

Mood: Unhuman

[*] posted on 22-2-2004 at 12:59

I probably shouldnt have but I once did a batch of NG that had a projected yeild of 300g. I ended up with only 240 but thats still alot:o:o:D. It is VERY hard to maintain the right temp with this much reacting and you cant take your sweet ass time adding he glycerin cause it would take 3 hours doing it drip by drip. Maybe he tried something stupid liek that. H eshoulda known only I am allowed to do stupid things.:P
I seriously doubt that it was a pipe bomb as I've done tests with plywood and pipe bombs. My pipe bombs were made from either DBSP or BP. Useing PVC or Steel. 4 bombs were tested none did ANY damage to the plywood from a distance of 3 feet. They each contained 100g of powder. This expensive test I did prooves movies are retarded and the dumb police taht describe the power of the colombine kids bombs dont know at all what theyre talking about. Unless he was giveing his pipe bomb a hug and kiss a doubt it could have killed him instantly. Brick of blasting gel...now thatll doit:o

It a bit unclear in my explanation above so: teh four bombs consisted of 1) PVC with BP 2)PVC with DBSP 3)steel with DBSP and 4)steel with BP

[Edited on 22-2-2004 by IgnorantlyIntelligent]

\"People fear from ignorance what they do not have the intelligence to understand\"

\"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation.\"

\"A fool would rather not question, a soldier is taught not to question, a slave dares not question.\"

\"To fight for nothing is to love nothing, to die for something is to have lived for something.\"
I am a fish
undersea enforcer

Mood: Ichthyoidal

[*] posted on 22-2-2004 at 13:29

Quote:
Originally posted by IgnorantlyIntelligent
I once did a batch of NG that had a projected yeild of 300g.

Jesus Fucking Christ! :o

Were you trying to kill yourself?

1f `/0u (4|\\| |234d 7|-|15, `/0u |234||`/ |\\|33d 70 937 0u7 /\\/\\0|23.
danny777
Harmless

[*] posted on 23-2-2004 at 04:58

Today they said it was triacetonetriperoxide, about 800 grams.
IgnorantlyIntelligent
Moderately Insane

[*] posted on 23-2-2004 at 06:13

I am a fish, now why would I be trying to kill myself. It is totaly NG is made by the gallon all the time by dynamite makers and it is safe if precautions are taken. I would never make AP in these quantities or anything as they are unstable and I don't use them anyways. The biggest thing you have to worry about during the nitration of glycerin is a runnaway whihc will yeild NO2 and some spitting flames. I have never read or heard of a mix ever exploding while be synthesised even at very high temps.
This is very sad what happend to that kid but it is no doubt from ANAP or something similar.800g WOW. Looks as though he was using peroxides as a main charge.... I wish organic peroxides didnt exist. I never use them and I have no problems with LS.
BP=black powder DBSP=double based smokeless powder.
I hate pip3 b0mbs and never use them but wanted to for that particular test.

BTW, Im suprised the news knows what TCAP even is. I thought it was an improvised and as I see it poor mans explosive that wasn't well known outside the internet explosives world. I wonder how many peices they found of him after two pounds of APAN. I bet he'd make good fish food. Anyone ever see that "red mist" explosive movie by AXT? http://geocities.com/roguemovies4/ its at the top of the list.
About me being off topic, the pipe boombs were about the news artical.

As for my "blasting gel" in an urban environment, what youve never heard of blasting gell bubble gum? Any explosives I have ever made was in a dream, never in real life cause it's illegal. No I'm not joking.

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by IgnorantlyIntelligent]

\"People fear from ignorance what they do not have the intelligence to understand\"

\"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation.\"

\"A fool would rather not question, a soldier is taught not to question, a slave dares not question.\"

\"To fight for nothing is to love nothing, to die for something is to have lived for something.\"
vulture
Forum Gatekeeper

[*] posted on 23-2-2004 at 09:38

IgnorantlyIntelligent, considering your history of kg amount of blasting gel in urban environment I would shut up too.

Oh, really? And you're even making it worse by connecting it all with pictures, including his picture, his username and email address and more specific details like his posts on other forums!

How hypocritical!

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by vulture]

One shouldn't accept or resort to the mutilation of science to appease the mentally impaired.
Polverone
Now celebrating 21 years of madness

Mood: Waiting for spring

[*] posted on 23-2-2004 at 10:10
Respect hazardous materials!

Quote:
I probably shouldnt have but I once did a batch of NG that had a projected yeild of 300g. I ended up with only 240 but thats still alot. It is VERY hard to maintain the right temp with this much reacting and you cant take your sweet ass time adding he glycerin cause it would take 3 hours doing it drip by drip. Maybe he tried something stupid liek that. H eshoulda known only I am allowed to do stupid things.

Everybody is allowed to do stupid things. Nobody is prepared to pay the price of stupidity, though. You could easily be the next maimed/blinded/dead victim of your own hubris. Your manner of speaking indicates that you don't really take the hazards seriously, as much as you claim that you are safe. Discussions of the practical applications of energetic materials are off-topic here, so I don't want to see you talking about what you've made and what you've blown up. The interpretation of dreams is also off-topic, so I don't want to see any more "dreams" recorded here either.

PGP Key and corresponding e-mail address
danny777
Harmless

[*] posted on 23-2-2004 at 10:41

yes, sorry for my posts, I have a real interest in explosives so sometimes I confuse my dreams with reality

Since most of my posts were off topic anyway I deleted them. Feels tragic reading those quotes..

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by danny777]
Nevermore
Hazard to Others

Mood: shopping businessman

[*] posted on 23-2-2004 at 12:21

those things always happens..
car, gun, explosives..
people just keep thinking they are higlanders, they will never die, so do those things..
making so much AP is suicidal..
but nobody suspect that it will happen to them..

Nevermore!
IgnorantlyIntelligent
Moderately Insane

[*] posted on 23-2-2004 at 16:58

Well it's not likely to happen to me as I am no longer making HE I am sad to say.:( I know very well that anything is possible and it can happen to anyone.
I'm going to spend my remaining two years of freedom working on my cannon and mortar, and competing in Rifles only. That is if my dad doesn't kill me first(I might get caught for smoken du bud because of my retarded friend) Funny how "friends" always manage to bring you down with them.

Magpie
lab constructor

Mood: Chemistry: the subtle science.

[*] posted on 23-2-2004 at 19:52
risk taking

I wonder if there could be derived a formula that expresses a person's risk tolerance (RT), such as:

RT = (thrill factor)(testosterone assay)(desire factor)/[(age)(number of dependents)(number of near misses)(1+10*number of missing digits)^4)]

[Edited on 24-2-2004 by Magpie]
Blackhawk
Harmless

[*] posted on 24-2-2004 at 00:27

I'd calc my RT but what units and scale are the thrill factor, testosterone assay and desire factor :P
axehandle
Free Radical

Mood: horny

[*] posted on 24-2-2004 at 02:32

I'd like to know the units and ranges myself to calculate mine. I suspect I'd get a rather high number due to my HUGE "near misses" record. I'm always wondering whether the next mistake / mind lapse will make me learn, maim me or kill me...

My PGP key, Fingerprint 5D96 E09E 365D 1867 2DF5 C2FE 4269 9C19 E079 CD35

\"Verbing nouns weirds the language!\"
Magpie
lab constructor

[*] posted on 24-2-2004 at 18:40
units

Sorry, I don't have units for the parameters of thrill and desire. It would be preferable to be able to reduce them to MLT (mass/length/time) if possible. I'm currently taking a theological engineering course (TE 105) which expresses sin in McBeals, but I don't understand that unit either.
BromicAcid
International Hazard

Mood: Rock n' Roll

[*] posted on 24-2-2004 at 19:11

In economics the units of happiness that a person gains from a product is measured in utils, the number of utils that a person gains from doing an act decreases with the number of times it is done, e.g., the first glass of chocolate milk is better then the second, is better then the third. But to measure this is difficult, involving locking the person in a box and making them choose between two different things e.g. food and water and measuring the trade off. A more calculable equation would be something like.

RT = (MPOL) X (FF) X (AOS) X (E) X (Some Constant)

Risk Taking = (Marginal propensity to obey the law [1(complete noncompliance) to 10 (total servitude] {average citizen = 7 anarchist = 1 etc.}) X (family factors [number of close family members (a) / number of times you've forgotten your parent's birthday or neglected to acknowledge it (b) if b = 0 family factors automatically = 1.5]) X (Availability of good substitute thrills [either yes = 1.25 or no = .75 think quantitative, like nuclear spins]) X (Exhilaration gained from taking a risk 1/risk [where risk = average amount of time after taking a major risk that your remain giddy and elated in hours])

The lower the number the higher the risk score. This formula could use some tweaking by other members but you might be able to get a number out of it, you can get infinitely close to zero but never touch it.

Mine would be:

RT = (5) X (5/0) X 1.25 X 1/2
FF (b) = O therefore FF = 1.5
RT = (5) X (1.5) X 1.25 X 1/2
RT = 4.68

I guess the scale is a bit sensitive but everyone can help to work out some bugs. I was thinking that this could work out the baseline, for the constant that could be a number depicting your will to live, e.g. if you are suicidal it equals zero so you are going to take a big risk soon or maybe it coule represent emotion, you're in a normal state of mind it equals one, you're excited it drops down there for increasing your risk taking chances.

[Edited on 2/25/2004 by BromicAcid]

Shamelessly plugging my attempts at writing fiction: http://www.robvincent.org
Mr. Wizard
International Hazard

[*] posted on 24-2-2004 at 22:03

RT = (MPOL) X (FF) X (AOS) X (E) X (Some Constant)/DA
where DA is the ability to get a date with a cute girl
Nothing like good old love to get your mind back on the right evolutionary track.
Saerynide
National Hazard

Mood: Ionic

[*] posted on 25-2-2004 at 02:53

"Marginal propensity to obey the law [1(complete noncompliance) to 10 (total servitude] {average citizen = 7 anarchist = 1 etc.}"

Rofl. Sounds like AP Econ... god I hate that class :P

"RT = (thrill factor)(testosterone assay)(desire factor)/[(age)(number of dependents)(number of near misses)(1+10*number of missing digits)^4)]"

Hrm, I dont think this equation applies to me ;)

EDIT: Neither does this one: "RT = (MPOL) X (FF) X (AOS) X (E) X (Some Constant)/DA
where DA is the ability to get a date with a cute girl"

[Edited on 25-2-2004 by Saerynide]
axehandle
Free Radical

[*] posted on 25-2-2004 at 04:20

Quote:

"Marginal propensity to obey the law [1(complete noncompliance) to 10 (total servitude] {average citizen = 7 anarchist = 1 etc.}"

This is too general. E.g. I gladly break the law if

1) there is close to 0 chance of getting caught AND the action doesn't conflict with my own morality
2) the law is stupid AND ((0 chance of capture) OR (only a fine as result))
3) there is dire need (lives are at stake) (think excessive self-defense or jaywalking to help a traffic victim)

I could think of more, but..... this is interesting. Breaking it down more would also have to take into account psychopathic tendencies etc, involving psychology (which isn't even a science, much less an exact one).

The more I think of it, the more I feel I'm ranting. Better have my coffee before I go insane....... insane.....

vulture
Forum Gatekeeper

[*] posted on 25-2-2004 at 11:32

lso have to take into account psychopathic tendencies etc, involving psychology

You rang my lord?

Hmmm...

I could have sworn...

One shouldn't accept or resort to the mutilation of science to appease the mentally impaired.
axehandle
Free Radical

[*] posted on 25-2-2004 at 12:14

Well, I have a couple of anxiety disorders (agoraphobia and social phobia) for which I take antidepressants, but I'm not a psychopath, nor have I ever had any delusions or hallucinations.

It's nice to be called "lord", though :)

Hermes_Trismegistus
National Hazard

Mood: conformation:ga

[*] posted on 25-2-2004 at 12:44
Axehandle The Twitchy,Duke of coffee creek, Defender of the Apprehensive, Fearful of the Fidgety, Earl of Edgy Canyon, Adjudicator of aggitation,
Shakey Lord of Sweden

I think we've got a few candidates for a new title.....Dread(ing) Lord Axhandle.
:D

So let's get this straight, The only circumstances you would break a law would be is in the dark, while asleep on the moon...:P and even then only a misdemeanor and only if you had a pre-arranged alibi.;)

I think Bromic should include an axehandle factor in his calculations.:cool:

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics; even if you win: you\'re still retarded.
I am a fish
undersea enforcer

Mood: Ichthyoidal

[*] posted on 25-2-2004 at 13:43

Quote:
Originally posted by IgnorantlyIntelligent
I am a fish, now why would I be trying to kill myself. It is totaly NG is made by the gallon all the time by dynamite makers and it is safe if precautions are taken.

Nitroglycerin production is one of the most dangerous industrial processes. For example, it killed Alfred Nobel's brother. Although that was over a century ago, I expect the method he was using was more sophisticated than the method you used.

If you play Russian Roulette, you will most likely survive. However, you shouldn't regard your survival as evidence that what you did was safe.

1f `/0u (4|\\| |234d 7|-|15, `/0u |234||`/ |\\|33d 70 937 0u7 /\\/\\0|23.
BromicAcid
International Hazard

Mood: Rock n' Roll

[*] posted on 25-2-2004 at 14:13

Revisions to my equation:

First, law, what I mean by law is not only how much you worry about getting caught but how much you care about what impact your actions might have on your neighbors, your worry in general about getting caught.

Law is now a 1 - 3 scale, 1 = anarchist w/o a care, 3 = perverbial boy scout

Family considers that your family might cause you to take more risks or less, it has been adjusted to account for this.

Thrill is accounts for previous incliment to commet crimes along with fun derived from dangerous acts.

Avalibility of substitutes is a yes or no still

This would compute a baseline compulsion to take abnormal risks and would be modified by mood or friends etc.

RT= (Law 1 - 3 pick any number between to signify best) X ( a/b)^n X (substitue yes = 1.25 no = .9) X (cm/45z)

Where a = number of close family members
b = number of family members you would willingly buy presents for if given a chance if b = 0 b becomes 1
n = do you like your family? yes = 1 no = -1
c = number of times you have broken the law and pre-meditated the act
m = the number of minutes after commiting a reckless act you feel elation for
z = the number of times you have spontaneously broken the law if z = 0 z becomes 1

For the law breaking only use whatever acts you can remember, if you can't remember them then they are not important. It needs a life an longevity factor that would take into account the number of times you have realized you cheated death and laughed about it afterwards.

My Rt now equals 2.9 this equation definately needs tweaking, maybe a parabola would help.

[Edited on 2/25/2004 by BromicAcid]

Shamelessly plugging my attempts at writing fiction: http://www.robvincent.org
Magpie
lab constructor

[*] posted on 25-2-2004 at 20:43

Saerynide: Women also have some testosterone. And of course there is a wide range of risk takers in females also, but in general I believe that they are less inclined to take risks for thrills.

I was telling some friends about some risky whitewater activities I occaisionally indulge in. The wife looked at me like "...why would you do a stupid thing like that?" I have always enjoyed some risk - it definitely heightens my awareness and makes me feel more alive. I try not to take risks in the laboratory, however, although our hobby is inherently risky, maybe even as much as sky diving. But Marvin's advice about careful planing, research, MSDS reading, etc, is very good.
Saerynide
National Hazard

Mood: Ionic

[*] posted on 26-2-2004 at 06:13

White water rafting is soooo fun :D

Yeah I know women also have testosterone, but its in very small quantities, so that would make the equation inaccurate :P
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top