Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Introducing myself - New member "ChemTalk"
ChemTalk
Hazard to Self

Mood: colloidal

[*] posted on 26-2-2021 at 16:01
Introducing myself - New member "ChemTalk"

I wanted to introduce myself, my name is Scott and I'm one of the founders of ChemTalk, a brand-new US-based chemistry education non-profit.

There are about 12 of us, mostly college students majoring in chemistry or a related science. I'm the only one regularly on sciencemadness but if others decide to post more I guess I'll change my user name to "ChemTalk-Scott".

I'm based in California, others are across the country.

We are greatly appreciate the resources and community here on science-madness, and nowhere else imho is there such a passion for chemistry.

We are building a collection of articles, tutorials, experiments, interviews with role models, videos and social media channels to promote chemistry, show how amazing it is, and to help dispel the negative connotations surrounding it. I know that many of you witness those negative viewpoints first-hand.

Here's our mission statement and goals in case anyone is interested:

https://chemistrytalk.org/our-mission/

If anyone is interested in volunteering or contributing to ChemTalk, feel free to send a PM or an email. (But we have no desire to take away from people wanting to contribute to the various efforts ongoing on ScienceMadness)

We look forward to participating in the community here and "meeting" the other regular members, and really appreciate all of the resources that have been created here over the years.

[Edited on 2-27-2021 by ChemTalk]
Syn the Sizer
National Hazard

[*] posted on 27-2-2021 at 14:13

Very interesting, chemistry is definitely an intimidating subject and it takes good teachers.
ChemTalk
Hazard to Self

Mood: colloidal

[*] posted on 28-2-2021 at 09:20

hello Syn,

Thanks for your reply. Actually our mission goes well beyond teaching chemistry, as there are many places to go to out there if you simply want to pass a chemistry class.

We are planning things you won't find in most traditional chemistry tutorials or lectures, which is to showcase amazing elements & their properties, cool experiments, amazing research going on related to the topic, scientists doing great things, and give people living role models they can look up to.

We have been working on this for only a few weeks and doing these things will take time, but they will change the perception of chemistry.

Quote: Originally posted by Syn the Sizer  
Very interesting, chemistry is definitely an intimidating subject and it takes good teachers.
vibbzlab
Hazard to Others

Mood: Always curious

[*] posted on 1-3-2021 at 19:01

Very nice initiative . All the very best

Amateur chemist. Doctor by profession
Have a small cute home chemistry lab.

Please do check out my lab in YouTube link below

This is my YouTube channel
j_sum1
Administrator
Thread Split