Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: I lost a Dye synth that called for azide
XeonTheMGPony
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 18-5-2021 at 03:34
I lost a Dye synth that called for azide

I'm sorry for the vagueness of the question, and I know it is hardly even a question.

But thanks to a sting of hoax police reports and the joys of not just a visit but full on clandestine lab investigation I am now trying to write in references for every planed reaction to their reagents.

Be for I was just trying to make all the needed reagents as their own small project, befor doing the main projects that used them.

and there was a string of Dyes I wanted to do

Fluorescein, then Fluorescein to Eosin Y. Luminol and so on.

I just want to make sure should any repeat visits happen every thing is in a very locked down order.

I committed the cardinal sin of getting lazy with my writes ups due to the bulk of my work just building up solvents and basic reagents.

Some of the You tube videos that original inspired some the reactions been removed as well.

So what I am asking is if any one here can point me towards a source to dye lists that call for that and I'll recognize the one I was interested in doing when I see it, the ironic thing is when I google it I just get the more common use of azides here on the forum!

[Edited on 18-5-2021 by XeonTheMGPony]
Metacelsus
International Hazard

Mood: Double, double, toil and trouble

[*] posted on 18-5-2021 at 06:01

I don't know about any common dyes requiring azide, but azide salts are useful in organic chemistry for things like the Curtius reaction, and forming amines from alkyl halides. Also for making triazoles with alkynes.

As below, so above.

My blog: https://denovo.substack.com
XeonTheMGPony
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 18-5-2021 at 16:45

Ok the Curtious rearrangement is familiar think that was used for one of the WHO lists essential medicines, same reason I needed hydroquinon was for one of the compounds on that list.

Given my memory may well be in error but I was certain it was a dye reaction.

Go To Top