Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Cheap 97% sulfuric acid and 35% hydrogen peroxide [from EU]
na-cyanide
Harmless

Mood: pH7

shocked.gif posted on 11-7-2021 at 06:16
Cheap 97% sulfuric acid and 35% hydrogen peroxide [from EU]

Another batch of cheap sulfuric together with hydrogen peroxide 35% now available.

Shipping within few days, everything is in stock.

------------------------------------------------------

Sulfuric acid 97%
d=1,83 g/cm3
Acid is pure p.a. grade, but it can be discolored due to improper storage in HDPE barrels.

1 dm3 - € 10
5 dm3 - € 48
larger quantities - please ask

Shipped in HDPE bottles/cans.
1L and 2.5L brown glass bottles available (+ €2.5/€5).

Hydrogen peroxide 35%
pure grade

1 dm3 - € 9
5 dm3 - € 35
larger quantities - please ask

Shipped in HDPE bottles/cans.

Shipping quoted individually. Please send me a message. I can sell smaller quantities too. Do not hesitate to ask!

Payment by PayPal (if you need PayPal protection please add 8%), Revolut or SEPA transfer.

My other posts:
Previous post with cheap sulfuric acid
Main post with reagents sale
stoichiometric_steve
National Hazard

Mood: satyric

[*] posted on 12-7-2021 at 00:18

It should be noted that with the new EU legislation in force since February, sale and possession of both of those reagents is illegal for private individuals.
woelen
Super Administrator

Mood: interested

[*] posted on 12-7-2021 at 01:16

H2SO4: max. 15% by weight
H2O2: max. 12% by weight

The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? Look at https://woelen.homescience.net
na-cyanide
Harmless

Mood: pH7

[*] posted on 12-7-2021 at 03:47

Yes, I know about it. I forgot to mention that - everybody interested have to send me a declaration of use before payment :) I have it prepared, in a form compliant with the EU regulation.

Quote: Originally posted by stoichiometric_steve  
It should be noted that with the new EU legislation in force since February, sale and possession of both of those reagents is illegal for private individuals.

Possession is not illegal. How can it be illegal when car battery acid is ~40% sulfuric acid by weight? You can freely buy that kind of acid sold as 'lead acid battery electrolyte' without any problem.
Belowzero
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 12-7-2021 at 04:05

Quote: Originally posted by na-cyanide  
Yes, I know about it. I forgot to mention that - everybody interested have to send me a declaration of use before payment :) I have it prepared, in a form compliant with the EU regulation.

Quote: Originally posted by stoichiometric_steve  

Possession is not illegal. How can it be illegal when car battery acid is ~40% sulfuric acid by weight? You can freely buy that kind of acid sold as 'lead acid battery electrolyte' without any problem.

Well actually that won't be allowed anymore, crazy but true, only 'certified' personel can legally fill car batteries.
If any of those new rules will be honored in the near future is questionable but strictly speaking it is no longer legal.

Direct quote:
"List of substances which are not to be made available to, or introduced, possessed or used by, members of the general public, whether on their own or
in mixtures or substances that include those substances, unless the concentration is equal to or lower than the limit values set out in column 2"

Column 2: "Sulphuric acid (CAS RN 7664-93-9) 15 % w/"

See this topic for discussion: https://www.sciencemadness.org/whisper/viewthread.php?tid=15...

They went full retard on this one :(
Everyone owning a car with a lead battery is now permanently violating the law....
No seriously thats what it says!!

[Edited on 12-7-2021 by Belowzero]

My new youtube channel, primary focus will be on industrial chemistry: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQNj8r14-dyi4mlyenLwnaw/vid...
FrenchChemist
Harmless

[*] posted on 12-7-2021 at 04:08

You didn't understand Steve.

He didn't mean battery acid, but the one you offer 97%.
I doubt you dilute to 15% and ship it. I doubt that you require a declaration, because as you wrote yourself, you even forgot to mention it.
katyushaslab
Hazard to Self

Mood: precipitating

[*] posted on 12-7-2021 at 05:37

Some of you are misunderstanding how the regulations work in practice.

I've had to fill in declarations for such substances specifically controlled under REACH as explosive precursors a few times now from suppliers, and basically for the seller to be compliant they largely need only a declaration form of intended use from the buyer, for small amounts. For larger amounts, more paperwork may be needed.

On the buyers side, implementation of the regulation varies from country to country. In some EU countries, you may need a permit to pick up car battery acid. In others? Its implementation is more reasonable and less braindead. In both of the countries I've spent time since the "sulphuric acid ban" came in, I've been able to acquire it from the hardware store as normal, for cleaning drains.

"Concern trolling" about regulations is not a useful behaviour, in my opinion.
Belowzero
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 12-7-2021 at 07:56

Quote: Originally posted by katyushaslab  
Some of

On the buyers side, implementation of the regulation varies from country to country. In some EU countries, you may need a permit to pick up car battery acid. In others? Its implementation is more reasonable and less braindead. In both of the countries I've spent time since the "sulphuric acid ban" came in, I've been able to acquire it from the hardware store as normal, for cleaning drains.

Thats probably legacy supply..

"List of substances which are not to be made available to, or introduced, possessed or used by, members of the general public"

This is a seldomly clear sentence ^ and straight from the official EU document.

My new youtube channel, primary focus will be on industrial chemistry: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQNj8r14-dyi4mlyenLwnaw/vid...
woelen
Super Administrator

Mood: interested

[*] posted on 13-7-2021 at 06:19

These regulations are taken seriously, at least in the Netherlands. Companies, who were selling 37% battery acid do not sell to private individuals anymore. Three suppliers who were happy to sell even concentrated acid (96% or so) without any questions asked, now do not even sell their 37% product. They have 15% acid, which can be purchased in 20 liter jerry cans for EUR 30 or so.

The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? Look at https://woelen.homescience.net
Oxy
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 13-7-2021 at 09:53

In my EU based country it is still easy to buy 96% H2SO4 as a drain cleaner at online auction portal. Don't need to send any declaration. 1 dm3 costs ~4.5 Euros
Fery
National Hazard

[*] posted on 13-7-2021 at 12:03

The restriction is to prevent to make explosives. You are not going to make them, are you? Maybe EU expexts that someone is able to concentrate 15% acid to 96%, just guessing.
I can legally buy conc. H2SO4 and I purchased it already twice this year, it required business ID and filling customer declaration form (prior that no need to fill the form, only this changed this year).

Oxy
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 13-7-2021 at 12:16

Sure, but officially you need to own a business for which you need precursors.
The directive says that having let's say IT company is not a valid reason as there is no need for this chemical to generate any income. Having a chemical laboratory is totally different thing and this is of course a good justification.

[Edited on 13-7-2021 by Oxy]
katyushaslab
Hazard to Self

Mood: precipitating

[*] posted on 13-7-2021 at 13:34

Enforcement will vary. EU regulations and directives are interpreted differently (or, outright ignored in some cases) by the various member states, so we can expect there to be some significant differences.

Mateo_swe
National Hazard

[*] posted on 20-7-2021 at 22:06

Received ordered 35% H2O2 and 97% sulfuric acid, fast delivery.
Thanks for providing these chemicals for a good price.
NitratedKittens
Hazard to Others

Mood: Carbonated

[*] posted on 21-8-2021 at 15:22

Received my package of sulfuric acid and hydrogen peroxide yesterday, great service and good price

Basket of kittens for you ........BOOM
TheMrbunGee
Hazard to Others

Mood: Phosphorising

[*] posted on 26-8-2021 at 08:15

Got my peroxide and other stuff today! Good deal, can recommend. Thank You na-cyanide! :)

Go To Top