Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  
Author: Subject: What happened to NileRed, NurdRage, Chemplayer and Doug?
Jimmymajesty
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-2-2022 at 12:42

Yesterday I saw a ball mill video on YT on milling aluminum, it was 15min of which 10 min was on safety that burning powdered aluminum is so bright it can blind you. What the hell...? Is this bullshit really required, who wants this? who cares?

Work is a different thing, there should be labels and rules, but YT is an entertaining platform nothing more.
SuperOxide
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 4-2-2022 at 16:19

Quote: Originally posted by Jimmymajesty  
Yesterday I saw a ball mill video on YT on milling aluminum, it was 15min of which 10 min was on safety that burning powdered aluminum is so bright it can blind you. What the hell...? Is this bullshit really required, who wants this? who cares?

Work is a different thing, there should be labels and rules, but YT is an entertaining platform nothing more.

Im not sure I entirely agree. I don't think there's anything wrong with promoting safe practices. But the video you described seems to have gone overboard. I think the simple safety intros you see on Chemplayer, NurdRage, etc are perfectly adequate.

And while I did say I think that NileReds channel has taken a dive with the more traffic he gets, I really think his videos where he posts the cleanups are pretty useful/important. Not everyone that watches the YT videos is going to look up how to clean up responsibly or store your waste safely. So I don't mind those at all. I think he puts them on his NileBlue channel, which makes sense to me (that channel seems to be less chemistry, more of the day to day kinda stuff).

Syn the Sizer
National Hazard

[*] posted on 4-2-2022 at 23:01

Personally I like NileGreen lol, though the creator of this channel is pretty good and actually does his own stuff in the videos unlike Nile Pink who just hacks NileRed videos into a choppy not so funny short.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP2cNcC-2pqDRCFeFO4JLLw

Syn'
Texium
Administrator

Member Is Online

Mood: PhD candidate!

[*] posted on 5-2-2022 at 08:47

Quote: Originally posted by SuperOxide  
Ah man, idk about that. I mean I'm no genius or anything, but he seems very smart to me, and I learn a lot watching his videos.
Regarding his politics, even though I agree with most (not all) of his political views, it's a little tiring to hear politics come from every direction, then get them even from there. I suppose from his perspective he has a platform and political views he feels are important enough to put on a chemistry channel, but from my standpoint as a viewer, I wish he would at least keep the politics to a minimum.
But... he can do with it as he wants :-) Im sure he knows how people feel about it.
You are annoyed with it even though you don’t take issue with most of his viewpoints. Imagine how it must feel to someone who disagrees with most of it. Really renders it unwatchable. He seems smart when it comes to chemistry, sure. But he really throws his credibility out the window when he spends half the video whining about how “liberals are ruining science” instead of focusing on… science. Is he losing potential viewers/subscribers because of his approach? That’s hard to say. On the one hand, there are people like me who are put off by his pointless injection of politics into what would otherwise be good videos. On the other hand, I’m sure there are others who relish hearing his tirades that victimize the poor home chemist who is constantly suffering under the boot of tyranny (even as he freely posts videos of his experiments performed from his well-stocked home lab), and maybe they would get bored and move along if he wasn’t feeding into their emotions like that. Either way, I’m sure he’ll never change, cause he seems to enjoy “owning the libs” at least as much as he enjoys chemistry.

Come check out the Official Sciencemadness Wiki
They're not really active right now, but here's my YouTube channel and my blog.
Syn the Sizer
National Hazard

[*] posted on 5-2-2022 at 15:36

One thing I have to say about PMCs well stocked lab, is that was mostly bought with or are donations.

I used to run his Discord server before I stepped away and basically left Discord period. I was becoming a troll like all the rest on Discord, but I digress.

He himself is not funding much out of his own pocket, that is from his faithful viewers.

I do understand how one can find the politics hard to get past, specially when you do not agree with it. Not that I agree with everything he says either.
Texium
Administrator

Member Is Online

Mood: PhD candidate!

[*] posted on 5-2-2022 at 16:26

Quote: Originally posted by Syn the Sizer  
One thing I have to say about PMCs well stocked lab, is that was mostly bought with or are donations.

He himself is not funding much out of his own pocket, that is from his faithful viewers.
My point was that he has the freedom to have such a lab. Doesn't really matter who is funding it.

Come check out the Official Sciencemadness Wiki
They're not really active right now, but here's my YouTube channel and my blog.
Syn the Sizer
National Hazard

[*] posted on 5-2-2022 at 17:37

Ahh, now I understand what you are saying, it could be like the EU or other places.
MidLifeChemist
Hazard to Others

Mood: precipitatory

[*] posted on 6-2-2022 at 00:37

Quote: Originally posted by Texium  
On the other hand, I’m sure there are others who relish hearing his tirades that victimize the poor home chemist who is constantly suffering under the boot of tyranny (even as he freely posts videos of his experiments performed from his well-stocked home lab), and maybe they would get bored and move along if he wasn’t feeding into their emotions like that.

I've watched his channel a few times. Just to clarify, PMC tirades against YouTube cracking down on channels (including chemists like ChemPlayer), not the boot of tyranny against labs in the USA (there isn't any afaik, we can mostly do want we want here in the USA).

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with his views in this reply, simply clarifying what his "boot of tyranny" tirades are usually about.
Amos
International Hazard

Mood: No

[*] posted on 6-2-2022 at 05:48

The guy openly wears a MAGA hat in his videos. Don't even try to pretend he's not anti-government. There are probably a whole lot of other adjectives I could pin on him too after a few conversations.

[Edited on 2-6-2022 by Amos]
Syn the Sizer
National Hazard

[*] posted on 6-2-2022 at 14:17

I know the guy very well, I ran his server for a reason, he doesn't pick people lightly to do that. He definitely is not pro-government, but he is far from anti-government. He is pro freedom, but understands that government and law is absolutely needed.

He is a strong Republican supporter but far from a bigot. Honestly when people take the time to actually get to know him he is a real "Sweet Heart" as many would put it.

But I am not trying to get political by mentioning the government as politics is against the forum rules. We had to ban politics from his server too because it was turning into a full on war in the politics channel and damn does that get exhausting to moderate.

One thought, maybe he can do 2 videos, the full video and the reprise which is just the chemistry sans the politics.

Edit:

BTW, I know lots of Canadians up here who are/were Trump supporters.

[Edited on 6-2-2022 by Syn the Sizer]
njl
National Hazard

Mood: ambivalent

[*] posted on 6-2-2022 at 17:00

I'm disappointed Nile Red didn't make anything himself in his most recent nileblue video :(

Reflux condenser?? I barely know her!
SuperOxide
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 6-2-2022 at 17:36

Quote: Originally posted by njl  
I'm disappointed Nile Red didn't make anything himself in his most recent nileblue video :(

I always thought his NileBlue videos were the more candid kinda videos, or cleanup videos (which I actually liked). But both of them are now just PBS level high school chem now :(

Syn the Sizer
National Hazard

[*] posted on 6-2-2022 at 19:04

Quote: Originally posted by njl  

Yes, it would have been cool if he did it as a multistep synthesis ovr a few videos I least make a couple of the precursors to the the juice.
karolus28
Hazard to Self

Mood: zgrzyt

[*] posted on 7-2-2022 at 03:04

Quote: Originally posted by Bedlasky  

YT become more and more dicks. They even try to elict copy of your identity card to "verify your age". If you don't do this, you cannot see certain videos (for example Tom's video on tetrazoles). I don't know how in US, but in my country this YT demands are illegal.
[Edited on 14-8-2021 by Bedlasky]

I know this is kinda off topic and I already quoted this but a new, more universal method was revealed someone sent me furry videoss to me: just add "&has_verified=1" at the end of the age restricted video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTRneedbtjg ---->>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTRneedbtjg&has_verified...

Hi, please read about exif data.
Arkada
Harmless

[*] posted on 5-6-2022 at 08:24

If you haven't seen it yet - check out ChemicalForce https://youtu.be/8hrYlhTYl5U
Cinematic slowmo of energetic reactions; rare shit you won't see anywhere else
SuperOxide
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 5-6-2022 at 09:15

Quote: Originally posted by macckone  
I prefer nurdrage, nilered and E&F.
PMC has good content but the politics is hard to get past.
Particularly the covid crud, which is anti-science.

Im in the PMC discord server, and he announced today that he deleted his YT channel and will not be doing chem videos any more. Apparently it's not fun any more because.... politics. lol.

Quote: Originally posted by Arkada  
If you haven't seen it yet - check out ChemicalForce https://youtu.be/8hrYlhTYl5U
Cinematic slowmo of energetic reactions; rare shit you won't see anywhere else

Yes, ChemicalForce is amazing! I think ChemicalForce and Thyzoid are some of the best up-and-comers on YouTube.

j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 6-6-2022 at 03:36

I agree. Thyzoid has been doing some quality stuff lately and at quite a remarkable rate. Really enjoying it.
Does anyone know if he is a member here?

Edit:
Seems he is, but not active and has not visited for a while.
Thyzoid

[Edited on 6-6-2022 by j_sum1]
Bmoore55
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 6-6-2022 at 14:14

I have seen a lot of Thyzoid's videos lately. He is incredibly prolific and I really like his work. I wish I could be as active as him with my account.
SuperOxide
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 6-6-2022 at 14:50

Quote: Originally posted by Bmoore55  
I have seen a lot of Thyzoid's videos lately. He is incredibly prolific and I really like his work. I wish I could be as active as him with my account.

Yeah, I pestered him into getting a Patreon, which is pretty awesome. Definitely worth signing up.
vibbzlab
Hazard to Others

Mood: Always curious

[*] posted on 21-8-2022 at 19:37

Do you guys remember someone in YT called 655piano. It was one of the first youtubers I met doing hobby chemistry .He had lot of interesting videos. But when I checked him after a long gap , 2-3 years ago none of the videos are seen in his channel. Now that I check him in YT , I cant even find his channel

[Edited on 22-8-2022 by vibbzlab]

Amateur chemist. Doctor by profession
Have a small cute home chemistry lab.

Please do check out my lab in YouTube link below

This is my YouTube channel
vibbzlab
Hazard to Others

Mood: Always curious

[*] posted on 21-8-2022 at 23:33

Quick update and edit to previous quote. I found that dudes YouTube ID. 655piano
https://youtu.be/x1AkhWqNiQQ
Here's a link to one of his videos. Do anyone know this person?

Amateur chemist. Doctor by profession
Have a small cute home chemistry lab.

Please do check out my lab in YouTube link below

This is my YouTube channel
j_sum1
Administrator
Thread Split
22-8-2022 at 20:19
j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 22-8-2022 at 20:25

Please no trolling or unfounded storytelling. I split the thread since the discussion on an intermittently active user had gone off the rails.
Lion850
National Hazard

Mood: Great

[*] posted on 22-8-2022 at 23:05

"Im in the PMC discord server, and he announced today that he deleted his YT channel and will not be doing chem videos any more. Apparently it's not fun any more because.... politics. lol."

Oh no! PMC's chem is my favorite.

Syn the Sizer
National Hazard

[*] posted on 1-9-2022 at 21:26

Quote: Originally posted by Lion850  

"Im in the PMC discord server, and he announced today that he deleted his YT channel and will not be doing chem videos any more. Apparently it's not fun any more because.... politics. lol."

Oh no! PMC's chem is my favorite.

Hey Lion850,

What's your user name in his Discord server, I was manager for a year before passing the torch off to David, When PMC shut down his YouTube he also was looking for somebody to take over the Discord or would be shut down and the past 2 years+ that we all put into the server would blink into non-existence.

Of course being the face of the server PM the Namesake, I took over ownership of his Discord, My name changes daily sometimes, I always went by Syn the Sizer before I left Discord for a bit, came back with the Account Name Jim Lahey as I started a Trailer Park Boys server, oif not some play on Jim or Mr Lahey, I usually have Syn' in my name somewhere like Grandpa Syn'pson, Syn'dee Lauper, Syn'gle for Life, Syn'ple Jim, my favourite is Anti Syn' as they are terms used in Chemistry for Anti and Syn addition, Anti Addition produces a Trans product and Syn addition produces a Cis product.

But I digress as I always do, hence the Grandpa Syn'pson name. None the less I changed the name of the server from "PoorMans Chemist" to "Outcast Chemistry" if you have not been around for a bit PMC is back in the server, I made him a Mod ASAP, as well he has a new channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEMe4pwYxWc0O4o7CpDYqEg

let me know who you are in his Discord server too.

As far as the politics comment goes there is a lot more to it, maybe one day ask him in the Discord server, he may explain a bit

Edit 1
Quote: Originally posted by j_sum1  

Seems he is, but not active and has not visited for a while.
Thyzoid

[Edited on 6-6-2022 by j_sum1]

He is fairly active in the Outcast Chemistry (Formerly PoorMans Chemist) Discord as Feuerfrosch1

Edit 2

Lion850, nm, I see now you were quoting SuperOxide, my bad

[Edited on 2-9-2022 by Syn the Sizer]

[Edited on 2-9-2022 by Syn the Sizer]
Syn the Sizer
National Hazard

[*] posted on 2-9-2022 at 10:09

I mentioned it in another thread but thought I should here too and elaborate a bit. PoorMan didn't actually leave YouTube because of politics.But there was an independent political argument that happened around that time.

He has always still uploaded to BitChute and Odysee, just slower due to life getting busy. The reason he left YouTube was the typical YouTube bullshit. As well His Organic Chemistry Lessons which were really well done used drug molecules as as the teaching tools. If you look through the Odysee and BitChute video lists you will see various videos lessons.He followed a text book to and shared the z-library link for all viewers to download.

PMC Returns
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEMe4pwYxWc0O4o7CpDYqEg

Original PoorMans Chemist
https://www.bitchute.com/channel/CLgwoqXAHT7I/
https://odysee.com/@poormanschemist:9

[Edited on 3-9-2022 by Syn the Sizer]
 Pages:  1    3  

Go To Top