Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: H2SO4 Sources UK?
Jhiggins94
Harmless

[*] posted on 4-9-2021 at 02:49
H2SO4 Sources UK?

hi, how does everyone source their H2SO4 these days in the uk? i used to be able to buy 500ml of 98% drain cleaner from my local hardware shop for £2.99 but ive recently found out it is now restricted to 10%?!
i have found one source online who sell 37% 'Battery acid' online and when i went through the motions of ordering nothing stopped me and i didnt put in a business adress (not quite payday so cant actully order yet but thought id see if anything popped up).
i have considdered just preparing my own with HCL/sodium metabisulphate and H2O2 as such...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okvvD3-DF9U
but would rather just have to purify if possible, if the 37% doesnt work out where would i source the 10% solution that i am allowed to buy?
any info would be greatly appreciated :)
Fyndium
International Hazard

[*] posted on 4-9-2021 at 02:53

The EU ban has restricted anything above 15% for license and over 40% is total ban for privates. Get a business number or find out someone who is willing to stretch the percentages.
Jhiggins94
Harmless

[*] posted on 4-9-2021 at 03:03

i do understand the new law (although i thought it went from 15% to 10% in feb 2021), i have just spoken to the company who sell the 37% and mentioned the law change and that im private not business and she said "no we can sell it in 5 litres to anybody" :/
im sure its not entirly legal but i think i may stock up before they change there mind haha!

[Edited on 4-9-2021 by Jhiggins94]
metalresearcher
National Hazard

Mood: Reactive

[*] posted on 4-9-2021 at 09:15

Quote: Originally posted by Fyndium  
The EU ban has restricted anything above 15% for license and over 40% is total ban for privates. Get a business number or find out someone who is willing to stretch the percentages.

But the UK is not part of the EU anymore.

Anyway, you can register at Chamber of Commerce and then you can buy concentrated H2SO4.
Jhiggins94
Harmless

[*] posted on 4-9-2021 at 11:18

ah yeah your quite right (feeling foolish now haha)
is that what you do/is it as simple as join chamber of commerce and they give you a business number?

[Edited on 4-9-2021 by Jhiggins94]

Go To Top