Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: FT-IR Interface card
Antigua
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 19-2-2022 at 06:59
FT-IR Interface card

Hi!
I've been looking to buy a FT-IR spectrometer and I have my hands on a Nicolet Protege 460 from old '96.
The supplier also sends a PC with Ominic software, but they said that the PC lacks the interface card which is supposed to be needed to connect the spectrometer and the PC.

Does anyone know a bit more about this? What are these interface cards and how are they used? Can a substitute be bought or made somehow? I'm afraid spare parts for such old equipment may be hard to come by. I wasn't able to find much online - sorry if the question is nooby!
Texium
Administrator
Thread Moved
19-2-2022 at 08:26
Texium
Administrator

Mood: PhD candidate!

[*] posted on 19-2-2022 at 08:28

No it’s a good question, I acquired an ‘88 a few years ago and have never gotten it set up so I’m curious to know more about them too.

Come check out the Official Sciencemadness Wiki
They're not really active right now, but here's my YouTube channel and my blog.
Antigua
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 19-2-2022 at 08:37

There's a Czech company called Nicodom that services this exact model and they'd probably know, but they charge a whopping 490eu for a day of support (not including parts costs). They denied sending any manuals or documentation on this spectrometer, so that sucks.
leau
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 20-2-2022 at 13:17

Fourier Transform Infrared Spectrometry

is attached :cool:

Attachment: Peter Griffiths, James A. De Haseth - Fourier Transform Infrared Spectrometry.pdf (5.5MB)
This file has been downloaded 2748 times

Dr.Bob
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 21-2-2022 at 12:32

You need to see what the interface format is, could be RS-232 or many others, there used to be many cards for PCs that would connect via many formats, but now there might be a simple USB port that would translate the format for a modern PC. Otherwise would will need to see what format the machine transmits in. The cable or place to attach it may be labelled, or some other simple way to figure it out.

Go To Top