Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Is it now illegal to buy from chemcraft?
Jenks
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 22-3-2022 at 07:50

Quote: Originally posted by Jenks  
Quote: Originally posted by Jenks  
My order from the 22nd has made it to "Forwarded to the carrier" as of yesterday. I don't know if carriers are working anymore. I will post here is there is progress.

As of March 4th, no progress. The status changed to "Uplifted" from Moskva on Feb 26th but no update since.

It has been over a month since this shipped and still no change in status. I don't want to bump this thread again, so I promise to post an update if I ever see this expensive package or a refund. Until then you can safely assume that nothing has changed.

Thanks for the suggestion to try Onyxmet - very nice experience!
katyushaslab
Hazard to Self

Mood: precipitating

[*] posted on 23-3-2022 at 09:45

Jenks: I had this happen before the war/sanctions began with a package from CC, the package basically went missing for over a month "somewhere in the postal system" due to someone forgetting to scan it.

It later showed up out of the blue, after almost 2 months. I had given up and was preparing to re-order or request a refund.

It seems some of the intermediary carriers can be a bit less than fastidious.
Jenks
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 23-3-2022 at 13:02

Perhaps I will be lucky. So far I have made eight purchases from ChemCraft over the past 12 months. The first seven were all delivered 11 to 23 calendar days after payment, but this last one has taken 34 so far. I hope it arrives someday.

[Edited on 24-3-2022 by Jenks]
Crazy_Chemist
Harmless

Mood: Radioactive

[*] posted on 24-3-2022 at 23:06

I have an order from Chemcraft and now the swedish postservice, PostNord, says they are going to stop all post from Russia and Belarus. But I've got a SMS that the package have reach Sweden, so I think I had the time.

Amateur chemist, just for fun!
Fantasma4500
International Hazard

Mood: dangerously practical

[*] posted on 29-3-2022 at 23:25

cryptocurrency? well- smoke em (while) you got em
buying anything from china is just a mistake, i was promised the brilliant arrival time of... 2 months, for a substance i needed asap. and because of that i can vouch for onyx, arrived well fast, great price etc
my crystal ball does suggest that if any of you have some chemical wishes, you wanna go through with that before we hit winter time as there will be, well a little something we have all seen before that for some reason ties in with increased border control.

~25 drops = 1mL @dH2O viscocity - STP
Truth is ever growing - but without context theres barely any such.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solubility_table
http://www.trimen.pl/witek/calculators/stezenia.html
Herr Haber
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 31-3-2022 at 20:25

All my orders from eastern countries (Russia, Ukraine) seem to go in a black hole for 3-6 weeks before popping up one day in the mail.
It seems to me that the carrier informs your local post / carrier that the package is in transit the moment they get it, not when the package gets out of customs which can take significantly longer.

The spirit of adventure was upon me. Having nitric acid and copper, I had only to learn what the words 'act upon' meant. - Ira Remsen
katyushaslab
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 7-4-2022 at 00:03

I've found with orders from Russia, the 17track service gives the best information on the tracking numbers btw.

The Russian postal service seems to be extremely diligent at scanning every step of the way (and updating the tracking), though it usually takes ages (the packages I ordered always got routed from Kaliningrad to "mother Russia" for presumably customs?) for them to get *out* of Russia. This would usually take a number of weeks.

I guess with the current state of affairs (routing through third countries to avoid sanctions), there is probably another few weeks wait. I have no idea how good Serbian postal services are.

Once the packages hit PostNL or Deutche Post (usually one of those two) they tended to disappear into a black hole for a week or two (probably more customs? but no updates or scans), before being passed off to another carrier. Another week delay with no scans, and then the usual "you weren't in" delivery slip (despite always being home!) and a search for which postal depot had the package.

Anything sent via China Post, especially with the new EU customs rules, seems to just show up at some random point in the next 2-6 months, followed by a customs duty bill a month after.
Jenks
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 7-4-2022 at 09:15

Today I found that tracking had updated last night for my Chemcraft package. It was scheduled to leave Russia on February 26th, and passed though New Jersey, USA last night, April 6th. I was shocked to see that it made it, and had written it off as having no way out of Russia.
katyushaslab
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 7-4-2022 at 10:38

Success! Did the tracking give any information about what route it took? Genuinely curious what the hell kind of adventure it had.
Jenks
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 8-4-2022 at 07:44

No, the two latest tracking entries are:

2022-04-06 20:58

JERSEY CITY NJ NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility -> Your item arrived at our USPS facility in JERSEY CITY NJ NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER on April 6, 2022 at 8:58 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

2022-02-26 20:10

Russian Federation, Moskva-Kazanskij Vkz. PZhDP MMPO 102900, Carrier processing, Uplifted

When the package arrives I will post again.
Jenks
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 11-4-2022 at 15:59

The package was delivered today - two boxes inside a sturdy plastic bag. No damage and no sign that the package was opened. There is a prepaid shipping label rather than the usual beautiful array of stamps, with the sender as the Russian Federation. The only error in the items delivered was that I was accidentally given 50 grams of copper (I) phosphide rather than 25 grams. Delivery took 44 calendar days from date of purchase.

[Edited on 11-4-2022 by Jenks]
Herr Haber
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-4-2022 at 17:18

So more or less exactly the same time as 2 years ago when Covid hit ;)
A couple more crisis and we'll be making statistics...

Anyway, pleasant surprise on your part I guess.
I too was surprised in my last order. I ordered 500g and got 5x100g. I dont know if Chemcraft was out of bigger bottles, I could have waited but... Hey, I now have pre-weighted reagents which is nice for what I have in mind.
Another was in very nice reagent bottles with a cap that couldnt withstand the chemical. A lot of effort was made though to make it as leak proof with some self amalgamating tape so I'm a bit sad to have to repackage it.
The effort was there and the reagents are intact.
I thought several times it would be nice if the platforms Chemcraft and Onyxmet use allowed to add paying options such as "Ampoule" "PTFE lined cap" or whatever is relevant to the chemical.
I'd happily pay a bit more for ampoules in some cases. specially considering Chemcraft is really good at making great looking ones!

The spirit of adventure was upon me. Having nitric acid and copper, I had only to learn what the words 'act upon' meant. - Ira Remsen
Chemcraft
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 24-5-2022 at 05:10

The situation with the delivery of parcels has stabilized.
According to our latest observations (May 2022), these are the arrival dates of parcels:
China - 3-5 days
USA - 10-12 days
UK - 10-12 days
Canada - 12-15 days
Italy - 8-10 days
France - 8-10 days
Currently there is no postal delivery to Australia, New Zealand, Sweden, Denmark, Poland and Finland.
Now we accept payments in cryptocurrencies - bitcoin BTC and ethereum ETH. To pay, you need to create an order on our website, after which we will send the crypto wallet ID and the amount for the payment to your email. There are no problems with passing customs control in these countries.

[Edited on 24-5-2022 by Chemcraft]
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top