Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: New Labconco Fume Hood!
SuperOxide
Hazard to Others

biggrin.gif posted on 29-4-2022 at 06:14
New Labconco Fume Hood!

Look what I picked up for under $500...

More images here.

It was significantly heavier than I expected it to be. We kinda had to trick a guy from the storage unit business into helping us unload it from the truck (I saw an install video of 2 ppl lifting it, so thought me and a friend could lift it, but it definitely needed 3 ppl). I will have to buy a bottom for it as well, or a very study and chemical resistant table that I can fix it to.

I don't live in a house with a garage yet, so I just moved it into my storage unit, but I am very excited to be able to set this thing up in the future. Except for a bend in the airfoil (which is a flimsy piece of sheet metal that I can bend back into place), it's pretty much in perfect condition. :-D
SWIM
National Hazard

[*] posted on 29-4-2022 at 08:31

Nice find.
Having a pro fume hood is not only good for safety, but it helps give you an air of legitimacy when you show somebody your lab.

A regular citizen will be much less concerned about your safety and sanity with that imposing piece of equipment on display.

Reassuring friends and family can be important.

[Edited on 29-4-2022 by SWIM]

SuperOxide
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 29-4-2022 at 09:04

Quote: Originally posted by SWIM  
Nice find.
Having a pro fume hood is not only good for safety, but it helps give you an air of legitimacy when you show somebody your lab.

A regular citizen will be much less concerned about your safety and sanity with that imposing piece of equipment on display.

Reassuring friends and family can be important.

I totally agree. I think most ppl think of drugs/bombs/poison when they think someone is doing Chemistry as a hobby. I think this makes it seem more professional-ish than the kinda methlab-esque stuff you see on the news.

Go To Top