Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Replicating Commercial EBW Gold Connection using LED
Marsh
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 15-10-2022 at 10:36
Replicating Commercial EBW Gold Connection using LED

I noticed the gap sizes and wire gauge for commercial EBW gold wire. Not impossible but it would be very tricky to work with such small gold wire trying to form adequate connections (like permanent ball connects).

Where can we find this bridge wire, already made and capable of being used in EBW setup? I think, just maybe, from LED high power chip (like a Cree XP-G/XP-E LED or etc). LEDs with single bond wires of approximately correct size can be had in many different models. It needs to be bare--stripped of silicone lens, so lens can be set in an MEK solvent bath for 15 minutes for permeation to swell and release LED silicone and falling off.

However, is this a viable option, or am I dreaming again for better EBW that can't actually work? Seems to me that for the short time periods, semiconductor breakdown would be of secondary importance to the bridge wire's attachment quality and substance.

Thoughts?
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

Mood: cool.gif

[*] posted on 15-10-2022 at 12:27

Maybe no one has tried it yet. Remove the silicone and apply cast ETN. And connect to car acumulator. And of course you can reported result....:cool:

Development of primarily - secondary substances CHP (2015) Lithex (2022) Brightelite (2023) Nitrocelite (2024)
Twospoons
International Hazard

Mood: A trace of hope...

[*] posted on 16-10-2022 at 11:20

Good luck removing the silicone without breaking the wire. Gold bond wire is incredibly soft, because it is 24ct. I would guess EBW gold wire would be a much tougher alloy, maybe only 9ct.
What's the rationale for using gold? Is it corrosion resistance?

Helicopter: "helico" -> spiral, "pter" -> with wings
Sir_Gawain
Hazard to Others

Mood: Yes.

[*] posted on 16-10-2022 at 12:09

It's corrosion resistant, and since it's denser, it has impacts with more force (see the EBW thread). Somewhere I saw a similar discussion about using the connecting wires inside a transistor. I just don't see how it would work without breaking the wire.

[Edited on 16-10-2022 by Sir_Gawain]
yobbo II
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 21-10-2022 at 17:35

I think you only really need gold of you want corrosion resistance. Copper will do.
It could be taken from hard disk. The arm is driven by a coil with very fine wire.

Yob

Go To Top