Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Analysis of Amonium Phosphate
servo
Harmless

[*] posted on 4-11-2022 at 01:24
Analysis of Amonium Phosphate

Hey everyone,

So I have found a very cheap source of Monoamonium Phosphate MAP and since it's almost 75% price of market I'm skeptical of it's purity

What is the the method for determination of percentage purity of Amonium Phosphate?

Preferably if there is a titration method..
Cheers
B(a)P
International Hazard

Mood: Festive

[*] posted on 4-11-2022 at 01:49

It would be somewhat crude, but you could add a molar equivalent of a salt such as calcium chloride that will yield a solid, then weigh the dried product.
So you could have 0.1 moles of your MAP and 0.05 moles of calcium chloride each dissolved in appropriate volumes of dH2O. Add the two solutions then filter off the solid, dry and weigh. You can then work out the percentage of the expected yield to determine purity. I have no idea what your potential impurities might be, it might be worth identifying them first. If sulfate is a potential impurity then calcium chloride will obviously not be a good candidate for this test.
Fulmen
International Hazard

Mood: Bored

[*] posted on 4-11-2022 at 05:04

Ammonia in fertilizers is traditionally determined by adding strong sodium hydroxide and distilling it into acid.

[Edited on 4-11-22 by Fulmen]

We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together.
Bedlasky
International Hazard

Mood: Volatile

[*] posted on 2-2-2023 at 00:34

Phosphate can be precipitated by magnesium salt in ammoniacal solution as NH4MgPO4.6H2O - this can be then heated to form Mg2P2O7. Magnesium is usually precipitated by solution containing 12 g MgCl, 16 g NH4Cl and 26 ml of 26% NH3 in total volume of 100 ml.
Texium
Administrator
Thread Moved
22-11-2023 at 18:40

Go To Top