Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Watched precursors now being sold on ebay
chemist1243
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 24-3-2023 at 14:59
Watched precursors now being sold on ebay

Okay, so to start off, I know this isnt really the type of forum for this subject. Drug chemistry can be a bit of a taboo for many in the home chemistry community, but none the less I still think its an important type of chemistry, and other forums have big no-no's about any type of sourcing, so I'll just ask.

Recently, theres tons of these typically not-sold-on-the-clearnet precursors popping up on ebay. I see benzaldehydes of all flavors(particularly containing two methoxy groups), and even P2NP! For one who is interested in the compounds that can be made from these chemicals(and has had alot of trouble finding them), this is a miracle. But, it just seems too good to be true. The reviews are always excellent, however this is only slightly reassuring. I want to know what others think of it. Is this some sort of weird trap, or did the type of people who usually crack down on stuff like this just loosen up a little? Does anyone even know what I'm talking about?

I would go ahead and order myself and find out, but I'm not willing to take the risk. Then again, it does seem that someone having such a small amount of these chemicals, not even close to a kilo, wouldn't trouble any law enforcement agencies enough to knock on my door over it, right? Let me know what you think, im curious why all these precursors are popping up and if it would be unwise to order them.
j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 24-3-2023 at 15:45

unionised
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 24-3-2023 at 16:55

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honeypot_(computing)
mayko
International Hazard

Mood: anomalous (Euclid class)

[*] posted on 24-3-2023 at 17:32

There was a point when there were *prepackaged kits of P2NP and mercury amalgalm* on eBay for cheap.... really scraping the bottom of the barrel, lol

https://www.sciencemadness.org/whisper/viewthread.php?tid=68...

(dont bother with page 2 it sucks)

al-khemie is not a terrorist organization
"Chemicals, chemicals... I need chemicals!" - George Hayduke
"Wubbalubba dub-dub!" - Rick Sanchez
crow6283
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 24-3-2023 at 18:46

Yeah but it isn’t really that cut and dry, many such aldehydes are in fact not watched or regulated in any way.
paulll
Hazard to Self

Mood: It's fine. Really.

[*] posted on 24-3-2023 at 21:31

Oh, they're back - I see, "2,5-dimethoxy-4-(methylthio)benzaldehyd."
Oddly specific, as they say.
chemist1243
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 25-3-2023 at 12:12

Quote: Originally posted by crow6283  
Yeah but it isn’t really that cut and dry, many such aldehydes are in fact not watched or regulated in any way.

True. I think I feel alright ordering some of the aldehydes, but p2np just seems a little too suspicious. Plain amphetamine is a fairly boring substance anyways, theres really nothing that special or cool about it.
arkoma
Redneck Overlord

Mood: украї́нська

[*] posted on 25-3-2023 at 12:34

i've seen the listings too (ebay "helpfully" showed them to me because of my order history i'm sure). The sellers listings remind me of the paper catalog from THIS place. I MIGHT have spent a little time in San Diego County, California back in the "80's.

NO WAY IN HELL I WOULD ORDER ANY OF THESE. Remember, ebay never forgets what you order, and ARE cozy with law enforcement.

My 2 cents.

"We believe the knowledge and cultural heritage of mankind should be accessible to all people around the world, regardless of their wealth, social status, nationality, citizenship, etc" z-lib

Fantasma4500
International Hazard

Mood: dangerously practical

[*] posted on 27-3-2023 at 05:34

they only allow these to be sold because the sellers have to write down the names and hand over every few months or so, then the police will go through and try to find some sense in it
essentially, if someone orders same chemical or suspect combination within same geographic range theyre gonna go into it
you could probably order 1kg of one thing thats precursor and then nothing else and be fine- they are legitimate sellers. they know theyre on the edge pissing on the neighbours lawn- the police kind of hate and love these sellers
they are legitimate, but so is the threat.

~25 drops = 1mL @dH2O viscocity - STP
Truth is ever growing - but without context theres barely any such.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solubility_table
http://www.trimen.pl/witek/calculators/stezenia.html
crow6283
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 27-3-2023 at 06:45

Sorry but this is NOT TRUE.

Instead of just saying baseless stuff you think to be true, maybe actually do some research.

Quote: Originally posted by Fantasma4500  
they only allow these to be sold because the sellers have to write down the names and hand over every few months or so, then the police will go through and try to find some sense in it
essentially, if someone orders same chemical or suspect combination within same geographic range theyre gonna go into it
you could probably order 1kg of one thing thats precursor and then nothing else and be fine- they are legitimate sellers. they know theyre on the edge pissing on the neighbours lawn- the police kind of hate and love these sellers
they are legitimate, but so is the threat.
MadHatter
International Hazard

Mood: Enjoying retirement

[*] posted on 27-3-2023 at 16:19
Strike

Hobart Huson, a.k.a. Strike, got less time for selling compounds to make ectasy.
He was sending the compounds to students at the University Of Arizona, IIRC.
The feds sentenced him to 8 years. I smell a trap. Looking at a gift horse in the
mouth.

From opening of NCIS New Orleans - It goes a BOOM ! BOOM ! BOOM ! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !
Organikum
resurrected

Mood: busy and in love

[*] posted on 28-3-2023 at 15:14

Quote: Originally posted by MadHatter  
Hobart Huson, a.k.a. Strike, got less time for selling compounds to make ectasy.
He was sending the compounds to students at the University Of Arizona, IIRC.
The feds sentenced him to 8 years. I smell a trap. Looking at a gift horse in the
mouth.

Bullshit. Strike got sentenced because he was setting up and supplying a big MDMA lab together with a Mexican gang/cartel splitoff whose members had recently tortured a DEA agent to death and sent them the video. Science Alliance (Strike's company) selling red phosphorus (just as example) to everybody was just a minor aspect and I doubt this part contributed much to his sentence, but it did contribute a lot to the media slander he had to endure.
I want to add then when Mexican crims ask you to set up a lab this is not the kind of question you answer with "No!" except you are prepared to vanish instantly for a prolonged holiday somewhere nobody knows, what was exactly what Eleusis did when this happened to him.

Most of the stuff is simply completely legal, like most substituted benzaldehydes and the drugs made from them are anything but Crystal Meth, or has anybody heard of problems arising from home-cookery of 2C-B lately? Burning trailers or such?

So buying such items is not dangerous in itself. Using Ebay for shopping chemistry is another story, and its more about what you accumulate for a shopping history. Ebay is known to have everybodies shopping histories as open book for all of LE same as Amazon. On Ebay though it is usually easy to contact the seller and to switch to private communication and to buy outside of the platform and more often then not it comes to pass that the seller has other items for sale which are not listed on Ebay. Its all legal by law, those people just push the things over Ebay for a time and stop before they get completely banned because self-declared white knights of chemophobia and drugwar smear complaint over complaint on them.

Irgendwas is ja immer
woelen
Super Administrator

Mood: interested

[*] posted on 30-3-2023 at 00:33

I would not order anything from this kind of sellers, and certainly would not want anything of this in my house. Maybe it's legal, but the more people are doing suspicious chemistry, the more the hobby of home chemistry is associated with drugs and criminality. This is exactly what I do not want and to my opinion it is this kind of things which is most harmful to the hobby of home science from a societal perspective.

The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? Look at https://woelen.homescience.net
Fyndium
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-4-2023 at 08:10

An issue is while something per se is legal, it can create grounds for investigation, which leads to unscheduled search. Even then, if they don't find anything illegal activity, in many jurisdictions they only need to find one small infarction regarding safety, storage, possession of any minute quantity of anything that's listed anywhere - not even actual scheduled substances, but precursors, energetic or pharma related, or other grounds to seize it all and start years-long judicial battle. In some jurisdictions storage and safety requirements are such that you basically would need to miss a warning sign or have some cabinet unlocked to cause grounds for issues.
clearly_not_atara
International Hazard

Mood: Big

[*] posted on 12-4-2023 at 08:23

To Fyndium's point, the law makes little distinction between a home and a commercial laboratory. If you don't lock a storage cabinet, you are treated as if you were BASF with unlocked cabinets, but without BASF's lawyers.

[Edited on 04-20-1969 by clearly_not_atara]
Mateo_swe
National Hazard

[*] posted on 27-4-2023 at 03:17

Well, i dont know.
There are so different rules in different contries, in some almost anything is ok to sell.
I have bought Red Phosphorus, Acetic Anhydride, Aldehydes and a lot of other things considered suspicious on Ebay and never had a problem.
I dont make drugs though, doing that will get you caught soner or later for sure.
Ebay usually takes away highly suspisious items quite quickly but maybe they changed things and if they are legal to sell they might have to allow it.
But many suspicious items are very useful even if you dont have a criminal intent.

That said, ordering P2P probably will result in a visit from LE so dont be stupid.
Besides, almost all drugs really suck, nothing plesant about them, so i would skip these ideas if you have them.
Texium
Administrator
Thread Moved
14-9-2023 at 08:20

Go To Top