Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: tetraamine copper nitrate sensitivity?
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

Mood: Bis-diazo-dinitro-hydroquinonic

[*] posted on 30-12-2014 at 06:58

Quote: Originally posted by Little_Ghost_again  
Those are amazing crystals! I wonder if there is a safe way to store them for display? or maybe make something very similar thats not actually an explosive, Iron and copper compounds are the crystals I like the most

As soon as you don't set a detonator close to it...it is very safe.
Simply put it in an hermetically closed glass jar (like for jams)...otherwise it will evaporate slowly NH3.

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

"Physic is all what never works; Chemistry is all what stinks and explodes!"-"Life that deadly disease, sexually transmitted."(W.Allen)
Fantasma4500
International Hazard

Mood: dangerously practical

[*] posted on 30-12-2014 at 07:54

isnt it UV sensitive aswell? had some smaller samples of tetraammines including iodate (probably pretty impure) and they all turns into a soft lightblue after longer time
i just wonder what one giant crystal would look like, rather than many small crystals..
http://i.imgur.com/n5hfdEo.jpg
probably TACS in the picture

~25 drops = 1mL @dH2O viscocity - STP
Truth is ever growing - but without context theres barely any such.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solubility_table
http://www.trimen.pl/witek/calculators/stezenia.html
TGT
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 2-1-2015 at 04:37

I have again been inspired to experiment with TACN, so hopefully in the very near future I can do some controlled experiments with it as I believe it has potential. I will use Laboratory of Liptakov's advice and experiment with them underground, not only for noise reduction, but also to recover all shrapnel and undetonated material. When I do, I will post my results here. This thread had a lot of good info.

TGT
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

Member Is Online

Mood: cool.gif

[*] posted on 3-1-2015 at 10:14
test

Thank you for your trust. For testing TACN is a good charge 10 grams, diameter 15-20 mm. Attach to 2-3 mm thick steel plate. For underground testing sufficient size 7x7cm sheet. Leaning against the sand. Sheet or large, need long 50cm. On the long sheet try a few charges. Sheet is very important. On sheet always shows the force (velocity) detonation. And also need unexploded remnants of EM. Carefully, we look forward to...:cool:..LL
franklyn
International Hazard

[*] posted on 29-1-2015 at 22:43
The Combustion of the Salts of Tetramine Copper II[

www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=AD0779649
Xnerd1963
Harmless

[*] posted on 19-5-2017 at 14:52

I know this is very old butt I wanted to pass something along cuz I might not be around much longer don't ask. Well I'm tinkering with making some tetramine copper nitrate I slept up and dumped copper oxide cupric oxide into the mix and somehow through my blundering and stumbling I got a hundred percent conversion. I mean I had a giant Beaker full of beautiful crystals that reacted perfectly

Due to the medications that I'm on I cannot even recall what I did and I too sick to go find my notes if they even exist anymore. I wish someone would try to do this conversion on the Fly convert 2 copper sulfate indirectly to tetramine copper nitrate period again I can't even for the life of me figure out how I did it but it was amazing in the key was the cupric oxide

Someone please Tinker with this and figure it out for me
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

Member Is Online

Mood: cool.gif

[*] posted on 20-5-2017 at 12:01

According your mean and text I recommend for you keep away from energetics materials. By others words, I recommend for you, do it a big crystals maybe directly from CuSO4. Maybe they'll more bigger and serious more safety....:cool:....Dr.

Development of primarily - secondary substances CHP (2015) Lithex (2022) Brightelite (2023) Nitrocelite (2024)
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

Mood: Bis-diazo-dinitro-hydroquinonic

[*] posted on 21-5-2017 at 04:02

Quote: Originally posted by Xnerd1963  
I know this is very old butt I wanted to pass something along cuz I might not be around much longer don't ask. Well I'm tinkering with making some tetramine copper nitrate I slept up and dumped copper oxide cupric oxide into the mix and somehow through my blundering and stumbling I got a hundred percent conversion. I mean I had a giant Beaker full of beautiful crystals that reacted perfectly

Due to the medications that I'm on I cannot even recall what I did and I too sick to go find my notes if they even exist anymore. I wish someone would try to do this conversion on the Fly convert 2 copper sulfate indirectly to tetramine copper nitrate period again I can't even for the life of me figure out how I did it but it was amazing in the key was the cupric oxide

Someone please Tinker with this and figure it out for me

Nothing magical nor difficult to retreive...
So basically:
CuSO4 + 2 NaOH --> Cu(OH)2(s) + Na2SO4
Cu(OH)2 <----> CuO + H2O

Then
CuO + 4 NH4OH --> Cu(NH3)4(OH)2 + 3 H2O
Cu(NH3)4(OH)2 + 2NH4NO3 --> Cu(NH3)4(NO3)2 + 2 NH4OH
------------------Sum of the two equations-------------------
CuO + 2 NH4OH + 2 NH4NO3 --> Cu(NH3)4(NO3)2 + 3 H2O

Will also work from
Cu(NO3)2 + 4 NH4OH --> Cu(NH3)4(NO3)2 + 4 H2O
or from
Cu(OH)2 + 4 NH4OH --> Cu(NH3)4(OH)2 + 4 H2O

or a mix of the three processes.

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

"Physic is all what never works; Chemistry is all what stinks and explodes!"-"Life that deadly disease, sexually transmitted."(W.Allen)
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top