Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Thoughts on Opening a Chem Lab Supply Co.
ibuilddinosaursforaliving
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 25-5-2011 at 11:49
Thoughts on Opening a Chem Lab Supply Co.

After reading through these threads on chem acquisition, I began pondering how difficult it could be to open up my own chemical lab supply company.

It seems that some places either back order or drop ship from the manufacturers, and keep little inventory. I even found an office in an industrial district literally 3 blocks away that costs $400 a month in rent. Not bad.

Just wanted to hear this forums thoughts on this. Good idea?
Rogeryermaw
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 25-5-2011 at 11:57

i would love to have a good supplier that i can trust but the overhead and legal liabilities are what are so restrictive in such a business. due to the over-litigious nature of this country, if someone you sell chemicals to uses them for the wrong purpose, they come after the supplier even harder than the perpetrator. many of us have wondered something similar before.

ScienceSquirrel
International Hazard

Mood: Dogs are pets but cats are little furry humans with four feet and self determination! :(

[*] posted on 25-5-2011 at 15:19

There are quite a few people in the UK, US and elsewhere that are involved in this type of business.
There are some good markets; bio diesel, pottery, dying, organic or minority garden products, etc.
You can make some money out of it but it is a labour of love.

Go To Top