Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Gold recovery from HCL H2O2 solution
Jeffrey L. Nixon
Harmless

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 25-6-2011 at 11:51
Gold recovery from HCL H2O2 solution

HELP! I am in way over my head and the expriment keeps getting larger and larger.

Some history, I am a computer and electronics recycler and processing all of the components for reuse resale myself, inhouse. I am expirimenting with the extraction of prescious metal using various acids, hcl, h2so4 and nitric. My first is HCL and H2O2. The HCL is ~32% and the H2O2 is about 3% peroxide.

The slution drops the gold foils just fine. My issue is it seems to drop more than that and I need a solution of how to precipitate the metal in an order that will give me the purist gold.

I know there is a good amount of copper, do I get it out first and using what. Will I lose any gold? I have used HCL and Cl to dissolve the clean foil in solution and then SMB to precipitate the gold. How do I get the gold powder safely from the vessle? And how the heck do you rinse poweder without losing much of your product either inthe filter or back in the solution?

A couple pictures of the process are available here http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1931052315889.20990... for you to laugh at.
Neil
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 25-6-2011 at 12:48

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2815953/Refining-Precious-Metal-Wa...

cyanureeves
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 25-6-2011 at 15:52

why dont you separate the solution from the solids and take it from there? if you think you have much gold in solution after you clearly see gold as a precipitant then evaporate your solution and start the same disssolving procedure again.most copper will be in the solution and once you drop gold with SMB it can be cleaned with hcl and will not go into solution unless you do the same process all over. once you drop it should stay on the bottom and be easily decanted. if your foils all small and float in your solution i would evaporate the whole thing and redissolve with aqua regia and then drop the gold with SMB.

Go To Top