Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Request for The Preparation and Testing of Nickel Catalysts for Hydrogenation
Random
International Hazard

Mood: Energetic

[*] posted on 29-6-2011 at 17:19
Request for The Preparation and Testing of Nickel Catalysts for Hydrogenation

Does someone have access to this publication and is able to upload it to here? It seems useful as it contains information about preparing nickel catalysts for hydrogenation from nickel salts, that is what a lot of people want to make.

Here is the link:
http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/j150324a011

Thanks.
mnick12
Hazard to Others

Mood: devious

[*] posted on 29-6-2011 at 18:01

Ahhh if your interested in nickel and other transition metal based catalsts there are quite a few free articles on the internets, just do a google search.

If your interested you can check my most recent attempt with such catalysts, I chose cobalt over nickel mainly because I did not have enough Ni(NO3)2. Anyway here is the link: http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=15840#... .

It really was not as good as I had hoped it would be, it was rushed (5 days), my methods were not very good, and I was on a tight budget. However I am currently doing research on the subject and plan on doing a much more encompassing set of experiments. I have thoroughly read and re-read just about every US patent on the subject, and plan on testing the claims. Variations will include solid support ( dia-earth, silica gel, alumina, activated C, etc) as well as the metal and metal %. The only bummer is I wont be able to do any of this for a few months, since my internship is over 800 miles from my lab.

Just something to keep in mind, if your interested in preparing your own catalyst as an alternative to commericaly available ones, it is NOT going to be cheaper. Preparing them is a bitch and the equipment has to be immaculatly clean, even the H2 has to be pure and dry which is a pain when you are generating it yourself.

If your interested let me know I would be happy to discuss the subject further. I find the subject fascinating and see alot of potential advantages of Ni, Co, and Cu based catalysts over the traditional Pd/C.
azo
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 29-6-2011 at 21:09

if you look in the cth thread i have posted all you need there.
i don;t no what you mean! they have always seam easy to me.
but then again i have done it many times.

regards azo

[Edited on 30-6-2011 by azo]

Go To Top