Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: "How to train your dragon" - Fire of a Night Fury in reality?
HellstormOP
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-2-2012 at 15:46

UPDATE:

2 weeks have passed, and the experiment yet has to be done. I know, I can be REALLY really lazy...
However, I've almost finished making the gear needed for the experiment, and also all the equipment is now gathered at one spot, while previously it was scattered over 2 flats (the flat of my mum and me and the flat of my dad). Here's a picture of the almost-finished gear:

Note that the bicycle valve which should be integrated into the bottle for pressurization is still missing, and I also need a 3/4" to 1/2" adapter. However, these problems will be fixed soon, and then hopefully I can do the experiment. Actually, it'S very good that I didn't perform it yet, as we have a massive cold snap in Germany, which makes my experiment safer, easier and more effective. Last week we had around 5 °C average temperature at day, while now we have like -10°C.

BTW: Could anybody provide a solubility table of acetylene in acetone at temperatures lower than 0°C?

[Edited on 6-2-2012 by HellstormOP]
Bot0nist
International Hazard

Mood: Streching my cotyledons.

[*] posted on 5-2-2012 at 20:02

please re-size your pictures smaller. It messes up the screen scrolling.

U.T.F.S.E. and learn the joys of autodidacticism!

Don't judge each day only by the harvest you reap, but also by the seeds you sow.
HellstormOP
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 6-2-2012 at 11:19

Done.
freedompyro
holmes1880

[*] posted on 8-2-2012 at 02:22

You know... This thread kind of reminds me of that firestarting gun with a range upto 600 feet they use for controlled fires. It fires flaming paintballs full of some sort of liquid coated with another liquid I think. Should be easy to find it's video on youtube... I saw it the other day. I so want one...

[Edited on 8-2-2012 by freedompyro]
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top