Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Self-Introduction
Acetic Acid
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

smile.gif posted on 14-8-2011 at 13:24
Self-Introduction

Hey everyone,

I've been lurking here for a while, and I love this forum. It's one of the few places where the members actually answer your questions instead of saying "ohhhhh no hydrochloric acid is dangerous dont risk it". I've joined this forum so I can have a seasoned group to bounce my ideas off, as opposed to the chemophobes who live near/with me.

Anyway, I'm 16 years old, a senior in high school, and a chemistry enthusiast. I got a 5 on the AP Chemistry exam and nobody in my class comes close to me in terms of chemistry knowledge. I've converted my room into a home lab and I've stocked it quite well so far. Most of my reagents have come from commercially available products, though I bought a wide variety of labware off of the Internet. Even though I have chemicals including Glacial acetic acid (^_^), 96% sulfuric acid as Rooto drain opener, pure NaOH, and 27% H2O2 as Baquacil Oxidizer, safety is my #1 priority. I always wear gloves, splash goggles, jeans, and a polypropylene apron when doing experiments. I enjoy learning about chemistry in general.

My other hobbies include Runescape (Username Acetic Acid), Band (I play clarinet), and theoretical physics.

- Acetic Acid
solo
International Hazard

Mood: ....getting old and drowning in a sea of knowledge

[*] posted on 14-8-2011 at 13:47

.....welcome to the forum, i hope you have a good experience and growth....solo

It's better to die on your feet, than live on your knees....Emiliano Zapata.
Acetic Acid
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 14-8-2011 at 14:08

Thanks !
Otter
Harmless

Mood: Pensieve

[*] posted on 26-8-2011 at 16:15

Quote: Originally posted by Acetic Acid  

Anyway, I'm 16 years old, a senior in high school, and a chemistry enthusiast. I got a 5 on the AP Chemistry exam.

My other hobbies include Runescape (Username Acetic Acid), Band (I play clarinet), and theoretical physics.

- Acetic Acid

That was me 4 years ago, I'm a Chemical engineering student, will be starting 3rd year very soon. I just mess around for fun, but money's a little tight so I don't have all the glassware I'd like... :D

*Otter sniffs the puddle.*
*Licks a tiny bit of it up.*
*Pukes out dinner.*
Rogeryermaw
National Hazard

[*] posted on 6-9-2011 at 11:53

uhh. hi. my name is j and i'm an alcoholic...what? wrong forum? oops!!

just kidding. welcome to s.m.

watch out. there are douche bags here as well as seasoned chemistry enthusiasts. don't feed the trolls. you will get to know who is who over time though and you will find most of us just want you to have a good experience as you explore your way through the world and all the wonderful reactions that take place in it. if you have been reading for a while then you have likely noticed that most of us refuse to spoon feed so be sure you put time, effort and research into your questions. if you show the dedication and put forth a modicum of effort, the majority of us will help you in any way we can.

enjoy your time on scimad and welcome.

Acetic Acid
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 7-9-2011 at 07:59

Thanks! I noticed that there are a lot of great and helpful people here, but then there's also the occasional bully or safety freak. I generally try to figure things out before I ask for help, but I'm still a beginner. :P
Aryan
gods perfect design of FAILURE TO HEED SIMPLE DIRECTIONS

Mood: transcendentally constrained

[*] posted on 19-10-2011 at 23:26

Hello all chemistry interest people here!

Aryan is my name, symobolizing my families ancient ancestry (actually we are only Kurukkal, but still proud!)

studying in the states at this time

Hare Rama, Hara Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare!

The svastika is an INDIAN symbol.

Ramiel
Vicious like a ferret

Mood: Semi-demented

[*] posted on 20-10-2011 at 17:56
Aryan

I've had a few complaints about your username/use of swastikas. Until it can be proven that you endorse Hitler-worship or whatever, I expect that you refer to the Aryan people of Indian extraction and the use of the swastika in that context.

Caveat Orator

Go To Top