Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Perchlorate pt anode plating
uchiacon
Hazard to Self

Mood: Financial

[*] posted on 29-8-2011 at 20:02
Perchlorate pt anode plating

Hey guys,

I think we need a serious thread on Pt plated anodes for perchlorate.

I'm looking at buying a large Pt plated Ti anode from china to make 2-3kg of perchlorate/week. I'm wanting a 5 micron Pt plating thickness; this is the maximum that most suppliers do on alibaba. Would this be thick enough? I know the americanpyrosupply anodes are 3 micron, and a bloody ripoff at that.

It's going to be a mesh anode. I was looking at around $300-400 for a 5 micron plated mesh anode 200mmx100mm.

If I can successfully produce this perchlorate, I have several people who would be very interested in purchasing it around $60/kg, which would be very lucrative for me if the initial investment for the cell is under $500. And I've always wanted my own source of perchlorate.

I might consider a chlorate MMO sell as well.

[Edited on 04-07-09 by uchiacon]

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."

Before you find youself cheering for a new regulation, consider your reaction if you were to be on the receiving end.
uchiacon
Hazard to Self

Mood: Financial

[*] posted on 2-9-2011 at 01:57

Just got a new quote for the anode. Here's the specs (see attached image). It's going to cost $106USD all up (!!) + $77 for DHL courier from china.

120x15x2mm Ti plate tab welded onto a 300x100x1mm mesh titanium, all plated in a 5 micron Pt layer. Now I haven't received it yet, and anything could be wrong with it, but the seller is reputable on alibaba and I'm looking forward to using it.

If this anode is coated properly, I don't see why this would be freaking awesome pricing. And it's a big anode... I think I could easily put this in a 10L cell. Maybe a 10-15L stainless steel pot could act as the anode and the cell container?

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."

Before you find youself cheering for a new regulation, consider your reaction if you were to be on the receiving end.

Go To Top