Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  20    22    24  25
Author: Subject: Exotic Primaries - Complex Salts
Rosco Bodine
Banned

Mood: analytical

[*] posted on 10-9-2019 at 02:30

Quote: Originally posted by RJ2  
I know this is all really off topic, (maybe this should all go in forum matters?) but I've just got to know. Where you are, what are the power company's rules for this kind of thing? It looks like a great build, but do they have to install one of their meters, or can you put one of your own in if it's accurate?

I suppose you still had to wait for them to get their lines and poles and generators back up. That generator in Cyprus needed quite the overhall after only only a very brief exposure to around 15-20 psi △P.

Which brings me to another question: in this video, it looks like the power poles are a lot tougher than the houses. So now I'm wondering, if that power pole laying on the ground is broken that badly, what does your house look like now?

[Edited on 10-9-2019 by RJ2]

Hey it exceeds code and passed inspection at a reasonable cost :D

Yeah the main lines were down for 5 weeks and the missus and I lived in a hotel from which I commuted the hundred miles distance every couple of days to do debris clearing and essential repairs. It is a 200 amp Square D panel and the meter was salvaged from the old panel and was still operational though it had to be reset / rebooted because the surge when the grid went down caused an anomalous reading of 114 MW/hours used in a service period of 1 millisecond :D and I complained that it would be impossible for me to afford that bizarre "light bill".

That small gray box on the pole next to the ground is the gigabit digital data feed that was out for 4 months while I was forced to use in the alternative satellite and wireless for coms.

We are still "digging out" 11 months later from what was a truly surreal experience.
The level of damage from a cat 5 hurricane is so great it is a terrain altering event
that is like a visit from a supernatural force that simply flattens the whole countryside as far as the eye can see and more distance miles beyond the horizon. It takes an hour to drive across the path of destruction after the roads are finally cleared and everything is either substantially damaged or totally destroyed. Even steel and concrete buildings like banks and hospitals are demolished, and much of what remains standing is knocked out of plumb and is later condemned and bulldozed because the damage is too great to simply repair. Most of what remains is damaged so badly that if it was a wrecked vehicle it would be "totaled" by the insurance company and sent to the crusher. 4 dozen people were reportedly killed outright but I think there were actually a lot more unreported. A few days later the smell of decomp filled the air over the entire area. More than a hundred square miles smelled like bloated roadkill. I stayed way for nearly a week to let the stench of death dissipate so I could continue with cleanup and repairs.

You asked about the house/s...well ...:D ....they are coming along and eventually repairs should be completed ...:D

[Edited on 9/10/2019 by Rosco Bodine]
RJ2
Harmless

[*] posted on 10-9-2019 at 03:26

So your house was probably 100% blown off the foundation? Whoa, Wow, and props to you for not only replacing it, and your power pole and panel but also finding the runaway meter:D 5 weeks to restore power? I'm surprised they got it on that quick. I'm also amazed that it would damage concrete buildings. I guess about 2 psi dynamic presure for minutes on end will do the same damage as 10-20 psi dynamic (and 20-30 something overpresure) for a few seconds.

Glad you mae it in one piece! Glad I don't live in hurricane territory!

Edit: it also gives me confidence that if people can survive that and rebuild, we should be able to survive a nuclear war no problem. Just evacuate to the countryside, and then rebuild somewhere that hasn't became radioactive:D

[Edited on 10-9-2019 by RJ2]
Rosco Bodine
Banned

[*] posted on 10-9-2019 at 04:26

The air pressure differential doesn't compare with the reality that is more like hydraulic mining or water jet cutters ....the moving air is carrying a load of liquid and solids which changes the kinetic energy considerably ....like a whole order of magnitude increase.
What would be just "wind" becomes a scythe in the hands of the grim reaper. It is like being the earthworm on the ground when the lawn mower passes overhead, but decides to just stop there and run for awhile that begins to seem like forever. It is a "religious" experience that creates an eagerness for prayer in all sinners,
and leaves sphincter cramped fannies trying for a week to relax for a return to regularity. :D On the anxiety scale of 1 to 10 it is an 11.

My properties are pretty banged up and damaged but still livable, with repairs continuing for months and incrementally delayed with delivery delays caused by suppliers sold out / out of stock and other "supply system overload" everywhere in the impact area. For immediate most essential repairs I was hauling materials that could be gotten only in distant unimpacted areas before shortages hit there also, which didn't take very long. Electrical supplies got sold out in a few days. A hurricane overwhelms all the materials and services vendors and months or even years delays are the new normal for what were before routine ordinary things.

Trying to get replacement windows can take six months because the factory is backlogged with more orders than can be filled same story everywhere about every common item. Everything that was taken for granted as a common item can become scarce when the usual supply and demand balance no longer applies in a disaster area.

It is an interesting experience to see what a great "equalizer" a disaster can be when nobody escapes the "shock and awe" that is 100% a full attention getter provided by an overwhelming force of nature that is humbling to endure, and leaves survivors counting their blessings really just to still be alive, and appreciating that as a miracle which it just could be. There really is no way to describe in words what the eye wall of a cat 5 is like ....it is just surreal and jawdropping what the intensity of energy is like there and it isn't just a lot of moving air.....it is multidimensional ...for lack of a better term. For one thing, a person can easily see through what is just a lot of moving air...like looking out of an airplane window.
But there is zero visibility in the eye wall of a cat 5 and you can't see 2 feet through it ...it is like being in a car wash times ten, and being hammered with stuff that looks like ground up mulch coming out the discharge chute of one of those limb chipper shredders. The air is like a semi-liquid semi-solid paste that the atmosphere has become, that is so thick it would choke a person to try to breathe....and so abrasive it will sandblast paint from metal. It literally will tear bark from snapped trees and will tear skin and flesh even more easily. Exposed in the open it would cut a living animal or person to pieces.

I never thought I would have or need to own 5 chain saws of different sizes .....but now I do. And I have been wanting a #6 that has "more power" for Santa Claus to bring me. :D

One glorious fringe benefit is that it seems women have generally become a lot more friendly, I suppose to encourage men to play their natural roles as protector / provider / hero / ect. and to keep up their morale .....which curiously is a very arousing change of disposition by the females, which I have been enjoying immensely. There is bound to be a spike in the birth rates that should correlate to the time of a disaster that will be similar to the uptick in births associated with blizzards and that sort of thing that results in "what are we going to do now" ....I know, let's be busy bees :D Isn't love wonderful ? God bless those caring women for doing their part and doing what comes naturally. See, nature is not all bad. :D

MineMan
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 10-9-2019 at 15:10

Makes sense that a disaster can blow through the PC we have been taught and encourage men and women to fulfill their natural roles and despositions. Women may say they don’t want a hero, a provider and a manly man... but what is more important is what they feel... not what they want :)

This is interesting rosco... you could have a very interesting sociology and physiology paper on your hands...
Vomaturge
Hazard to Others

Mood: thermodynamic

[*] posted on 10-9-2019 at 20:00

Quote: Originally posted by Rosco Bodine  
The air pressure differential doesn't compare with the reality that is more like hydraulic mining or water jet cutters ....the moving air is carrying a load of liquid and solids which changes the kinetic energy considerably ....like a whole order of magnitude increase.
What would be just "wind" becomes a scythe in the hands of the grim reaper. It is like being the earthworm on the ground when the lawn mower passes overhead, but decides to just stop there and run for awhile that begins to seem like forever. It is a "religious" experience that creates an eagerness for prayer in all sinners,
and leaves sphincter cramped fannies trying for a week to relax for a return to regularity. :D On the anxiety scale of 1 to 10 it is an 11.

My properties are pretty banged up and damaged but still livable, with repairs continuing for months and incrementally delayed with delivery delays caused by suppliers sold out / out of stock and other "supply system overload" everywhere in the impact area. For immediate most essential repairs I was hauling materials that could be gotten only in distant unimpacted areas before shortages hit there also, which didn't take very long. Electrical supplies got sold out in a few days. A hurricane overwhelms all the materials and services vendors and months or even years delays are the new normal for what were before routine ordinary things.

Trying to get replacement windows can take six months because the factory is backlogged with more orders than can be filled same story everywhere about every common item. Everything that was taken for granted as a common item can become scarce when the usual supply and demand balance no longer applies in a disaster area.

It is an interesting experience to see what a great "equalizer" a disaster can be when nobody escapes the "shock and awe" that is 100% a full attention getter provided by an overwhelming force of nature that is humbling to endure, and leaves survivors counting their blessings really just to still be alive, and appreciating that as a miracle which it just could be. There really is no way to describe in words what the eye wall of a cat 5 is like ....it is just surreal and jawdropping what the intensity of energy is like there and it isn't just a lot of moving air.....it is multidimensional ...for lack of a better term. For one thing, a person can easily see through what is just a lot of moving air...like looking out of an airplane window.
But there is zero visibility in the eye wall of a cat 5 and you can't see 2 feet through it ...it is like being in a car wash times ten, and being hammered with stuff that looks like ground up mulch coming out the discharge chute of one of those limb chipper shredders. The air is like a semi-liquid semi-solid paste that the atmosphere has become, that is so thick it would choke a person to try to breathe....and so abrasive it will sandblast paint from metal. It literally will tear bark from snapped trees and will tear skin and flesh even more easily. Exposed in the open it would cut a living animal or person to pieces.

I never thought I would have or need to own 5 chain saws of different sizes .....but now I do. And I have been wanting a #6 that has "more power" for Santa Claus to bring me. :D

One glorious fringe benefit is that it seems women have generally become a lot more friendly, I suppose to encourage men to play their natural roles as protector / provider / hero / ect. and to keep up their morale .....which curiously is a very arousing change of disposition by the females, which I have been enjoying immensely. There is bound to be a spike in the birth rates that should correlate to the time of a disaster that will be similar to the uptick in births associated with blizzards and that sort of thing that results in "what are we going to do now" ....I know, let's be busy bees :D Isn't love wonderful ? God bless those caring women for doing their part and doing what comes naturally. See, nature is not all bad. :D

So here I was thinking you evacuated and came back to a "Grade A Damage" neighborhood, but it looks like you saw the storm a bit (or a lot) too close for comfort! Wow. Just wow.

On the difference of dynamic pressure vs particle debris, I see how even 1% rock by volume (30 kg/m3) would turn 100M/Sec wind into a truly devastating force. 20 psi dynamic is a only a hair less than you would experience a mile from a megaton explosion. Of course seeing is believing, and I'm not sure I need to that badly. The best photos I can send for "extreme weather" is the odd late May snow.;)
Screenshot_20190910-190851-320x200.jpg - 15kB

Screenshot_20190910-190856-320x200.jpg - 12kB
One more question on the meter, did you find it in your yard or did you have to look around. Could it have been from a comercial or industrial building and just been lifted into a higher level of the cloud. I don't know about meters, but I recently had to recycle a few rusty old meter bases; this entailed separating the insulated plastic socket from the sheet metal enclosure. The quickest way, turns out, was to slam them on the ground. A couple 15m/sec straight-down impacts with asphalt broke the socket's plastic around every screw, and separated it nicely. I suppose the meters themselves must be a whole lot tougher!

@RJ2: I too am amazed at how quickly they got the power back on. I guess that's the difference between an island like Cyprus, where that one power plant supplied half the nations electricity, and the lower 48 United States where if you can run a long enough powerline, you can always find a power station with energy to spare. That linked picture of that power plant didn't look that bad, though. All the framework and internal equipment looked basically undamaged. I'm still surprised that it took the Cypriots so long to get it back online.

Screenshot_20190910-190851.jpg - 148kB

[Edited on 11-9-2019 by Vomaturge]
Rosco Bodine
Banned

[*] posted on 11-9-2019 at 02:22

The old meter base and panel I built also 35 years ago was laying on the ground but the meter was a recent replacement about 5 years ago, was still sealed and appeared to be okay, and was still plugged into the old meter base. I unplugged it and reinstalled it in the new panel and it powered up okay. The conductors 4/0 X 3 triplex have about a 4 metric ton breaking strength and the cable was snapped like sewing thread from tension failure that also snapped the 2 power poles that supported them. The picture before only shows one pole. A second larger pole was snapped at the ground also.

snooby
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 12-9-2019 at 09:52

Thanks rosco, for more info about the carbo stuff.
I Will try again..

For now we almost got everything for the icm103.. IT Will posted.
The nickel amino perchlorate still rules. Only waiting for the White hno3 :)
Rosco Bodine
Banned

[*] posted on 13-9-2019 at 11:06

Quote: Originally posted by snooby  
Thanks rosco, for more info about the carbo stuff.
I Will try again..

For now we almost got everything for the icm103.. IT Will posted.
The nickel amino perchlorate still rules. Only waiting for the White hno3 :)

No problem, have a ball with it and stay safe.

Another idea generally regarding the nickel carbohydrazide perchlorate and analogous complexes is the possibility of a compound salt / double salt with nickel glycine perchlorate or the analogous copper or perhaps zinc or other complex salts that could control the sensitivity. Betaine perchlorate is another possibility for formation of a potential complex salt.
snooby
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 20-9-2019 at 12:49

We only got one synthesis right now which is this one :

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-017-00286-0

The first reflux was not a succes, but, this does not meab the next Will Be not too... However, the synth is not very detailled and therefore i did a lot of research for more detailled synths. However, i did not found Anyone... If someone does have more info, pls let me know... Thank you in advance and we Will keep you updated.

Mr.Greeenix
Harmless

[*] posted on 22-9-2019 at 05:48

Aminoguanidin Ligands

Quote: Originally posted by Tyneman  
Inspired by Snooby and Mineman I decided to try my hand at some amino guanidine ligands. Namely the copper and nickel variants. To show you a bit of my journey here's the synthesis and sensitivity tests for Cu (II) (Monoaminoguanide) diperchlorate.

http://pyrobin.com/files/Cu-gua-perc%20lq.mp4

Nickel took some more work. I will follow-up when that report is finished.

Going back to the Aminoguanidin Ligands and the requiered perchlorat salts.
Does someone have a few papers on the pechloric salts and their preparation?

Is it possible to get (pure) nickel perchlorat by using sodium perchlorat and nickel sulfate ?

Thanks for the help I cant really find much on this.
Tyneman
Harmless

[*] posted on 22-9-2019 at 10:53

No papers, but can tell you how I did it.

Take your cheapest, most soluble Ni-salt. Weigh it and put in water. Then add a stoichiometric amount of Na2CO3. (A little extra won't hurt, is cheaper then Ni-salt and excess will be washed away)
NiCO3 will percipitate out. Filter off and wash 2 times with cold dH2O. Dry.
Take some (dilute) perchloric acid, slowly and with stirring add NiCO3. When bubbling (CO2) subsides use very small portions. When there is no more CO2 to be seen you have a solution of Ni-perchlorate. Check for acidity with some pH paper.
Slowly evaporate the water and harvest your Ni-perchlorate crystals.

I wasn't using Na-perc though but perchloric acid.
Hope this at least helps a little, although it's not a true answer to your question.
snooby
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 9-10-2019 at 08:28

I came by this:

new initiating explosive-tetraamminediazido cobalt(III) perchlorate(DACP) was synthesized. Its structure was characterized by the IR, HNMR etc. And the main properties were measured by the various methods. The results show that DACP is an excellent primary explosive similar to tetraamminebis (5-nitrotetrazolato) cobalt (III) perchlorate (BNCP) in functions. Synthetic method of DACP is much simpler than that of BNCP. In some initiating devices, DACP may be a substitute for BNCP and Pb(N3)2...

The ctcn is goed to make:
The synthesis conditions are: concentration CTCn suspension was: 5% to 7% (by mass); raw CTCN: 5-HT: molar ratio of HC104 is 1: 2.2: 2.7, reaction temperature was 8
..but i really cannot rond anyy good syth...
Rosco Bodine
Banned

[*] posted on 10-10-2019 at 14:10

Quote: Originally posted by snooby  
I came by this:

new initiating explosive-tetraamminediazido cobalt(III) perchlorate(DACP) was synthesized. Its structure was characterized by the IR, HNMR etc. And the main properties were measured by the various methods. The results show that DACP is an excellent primary explosive similar to tetraamminebis (5-nitrotetrazolato) cobalt (III) perchlorate (BNCP) in functions. Synthetic method of DACP is much simpler than that of BNCP. In some initiating devices, DACP may be a substitute for BNCP and Pb(N3)2...

The ctcn is goed to make:
The synthesis conditions are: concentration CTCn suspension was: 5% to 7% (by mass); raw CTCN: 5-HT: molar ratio of HC104 is 1: 2.2: 2.7, reaction temperature was 8
..but i really cannot rond anyy good syth...

See this post linked
http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=1778&a...
Rosco Bodine
Banned

[*] posted on 13-10-2019 at 08:22

Quote: Originally posted by Rosco Bodine  
A similar complex to Diazidodiamminocopper(II) described on page 8 of this thread is a related Trimethylamine complex or compound salt trimethylammoniumpentazidodicuprate

http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=1778&a...

Quote: Originally posted by Taoiseach  
was prepared according to

CuSO4*5H2O + 2NH3 + 2NaN3 ---> [(NH3)2(N3)2Cu] + Na2SO4 + 5H2O

NH3 was added to a solution of CuSO4 until the precipate of Cu(OH)2 redissolved. A saturated warm solution of NaN3 was added. Upon cooling and addition of an equal volume of ethanol, a nice crop of [(NH3)2(N3)2Cu] precipated.

Green-blue glistering crystals. Unlike copper azide these are not friction sensitive. Explodes upon flame contact.

Obviously the compound is oxygene-deficient, so addition of a strong oxidizer should increase its power.

trimethylammoniumpentazidodicuprate is a similar compound about which I can find very little information. It is unclear to me if this type complex or compound salt is strictly limited to the example of trimethylamine azide forming a complex salt with copper azide, or if other trimethylamine salts such as the perchlorate may also form a complex or mixed salt with copper azide. It would seem possible that different metals may also form analogous compounds as does copper.

See attached excerpt from PATR for description of

trimethylammoniumpentazidodicuprate

(CH3)3N-HN3-2[Cu(N3)2]

Trimethylammoniumpentazidocuprate.bmp - 456kB

Attachment: straumanis 1943.pdf (733kB)
This file has been downloaded 574 times

[Edited on 10/13/2019 by Rosco Bodine]
JohnDoe13
Harmless

[*] posted on 13-10-2019 at 09:04

https://sci-hub.tw/10.1002/zaac.19432520102
Rosco Bodine
Banned

[*] posted on 15-10-2019 at 06:07
ethanolamine bis-cupric azide

Even more interesting for experiments would be the ethanolamine complex that bridges 2 copper (II) azides. Federoff indicates that this complex forms an non-explosive hydrochloride salt, which suggests that other salts may also be possible, that would likely be energetic, such as a nitrate or perchlorate. This complexed cupric azide would also be a candidate for coprecipitation complex salt schemes with glycine complexed copper perchlorate.

Ethanolamine-Tetrazido-Copper  Ethanolamine bis-Copper Diazide.bmp - 652kB

ethanolamine complexed bis-cupric azide.bmp - 428kB

ethanolamine complexed bis-cupric azide 2.bmp - 284kB

Attachment: Straumanis II 10.1002@zaac.19432510405.pdf (792kB)
This file has been downloaded 520 times

[Edited on 10/15/2019 by Rosco Bodine]
franklyn
International Hazard

[*] posted on 25-10-2019 at 09:05
Period 4 transition metal ammine complexes

Inorganic Nitrates.jpg - 76kB

The first row transition elements , period 4 metal nitrates and other anion radicals are the basis for complex forming species and moities.
I have compiled below some links from previous posts of this thread and other sources as well along with some ideas for investigation.
• • D O T S identify forum downloads

Anhydrous , Chromium III nitrate Cr(NO3)3
similarly to Magnesium nitrate Mg(N03)2 , or Titanium nitrate Ti(N03)4 , readily hydrates but has higher dissociation temperature than the others.
Can it form a peroxide H2O2 addition compound ? That would be one super duper oxidizer.
Peroxidates of ionic Nitrates discussed here => www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=1778&page...
suggests Hydrogen Peroxide can substitute the water of the hydrate to form an adduct.
http://chromium.atomistry.com/chromium_trioxide.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromium(III)_nitrate
Forms an ammine complex comparable to TNT in explosive strength.
www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=1778&page...
A peroxidate of this would enhance performance.

Preparation of Hexammine Chromium (III) Nitrate with Liquid Ammonia
http://alpha.chem.umb.edu/chemistry/ch371/documents/Labrepor...

Synthesis and Characterization of Hexammine Chromium (III) nitrate
www1.lasalle.edu/~prushan/IC-articles/experiment%201%20-AIC....

Thermal dissociation of Hexammine Chromium (III) complex , prep on page 5
https://ttu-ir.tdl.org/bitstream/handle/2346/16612/312950150...

Peroxidation can be tried on Nickel Hydrazine Nitrate
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nickel_hydrazine_nitrate

Maybe anhydrous hydrazine would instead yield a hydrazine complex

Hydrazine complexes of transition metals as prospective explosives
• • www.sciencemadness.org/talk/files.php?pid=301489&aid=264...
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/7ed5/24109f55815dc81cf1e7c3...

Synthesis and Characterisation of Metal Hydrazine Nitrate , Azide and Perchlorate Complexes
• • www.sciencemadness.org/talk/files.php?pid=274667&aid=223...

Hydrazine salts of Nickel , Cobalt
• • www.sciencemadness.org/talk/files.php?pid=275559&aid=224...
http://nowa.pirotechnika.one.pl/hedm/nhn1.pdf

Inorganic Hydrazine Derivatives
http://chemistry-chemists.com/chemister/Neorganika/inorganic...

Techniques to Disrupt, Deviate and Seize Control of an Internet Forum In case you wonder W T F ! is going on here ?
www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2012-10-28/cointelpro-techniques-dilution-misdirection-and-control-internet-forum https://web.archive.org/web/20120814124000/www.washingtonsblog.com/2012/08/the-15-rules-of-internet-disinformation.html
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Rosco Bodine
Banned

[*] posted on 25-10-2019 at 16:33

Recently I was reading a probably recent patent or journal article that described the easy cheap synthesis of Zinc Peroxide useful as a stable and practical oxidizer in primer compositions. It was simply made by precipitation from aqueous H2O2 using IIRC ordinary zinc oxide as the precursor, simply stirring the mixture ...or possibly it was a different method used...I should have saved the reference and tagged it but I was busy with something else and did not save the reference.

The complexation of copper by ethanolamine acting as a bridge for 2 copper salts like the azide could also be of interest for copper perchlorate, which would very probably be energetic.

[Edited on 10/26/2019 by Rosco Bodine]
franklyn
International Hazard

[*] posted on 27-10-2019 at 00:59
Synthesis and Complexation of Nitrogen-rich Materials

Download here _
https://ruor.uottawa.ca/bitstream/10393/33162/1/Sebastiao_El...
pdf page 68 ( page 47 in paper ) charts metal nitrate complexes having Hydrazine ligands. I wonder if peroxidation of these can occur at all given hydrazine itself hypergols with hydrogen peroxide. The author here ( Ph.D candidate ) outlines energetic polymer derivatives from the aforesaid , interesting. ( I had speculated in an earlier time using formaldehyde could serve this purpose ) Center of post here _
This is just that one section , lots more fun stuff discussed in the other sections of the dissertation.

While on the topic , can the cited inorganic nitrates form a complex with Nitroguanidine which tends to be as basic as Urea. I once discussed that at length here _
www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=9443#pid17013...

Techniques to Disrupt, Deviate and Seize Control of an Internet Forum In case you wonder W T F ! is going on here ?
www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2012-10-28/cointelpro-techniques-dilution-misdirection-and-control-internet-forum https://web.archive.org/web/20120814124000/www.washingtonsblog.com/2012/08/the-15-rules-of-internet-disinformation.html
Rosco Bodine
Banned

[*] posted on 27-10-2019 at 06:37

The patent reported semicarbazide complex analogue of Nickel Hydrazine Nitrate being possibly more stable as the undescribed and unreported perchlorate variant that would be Nickel bis-Semicarbazide Diperchlorate is another perhaps novel "unknown" that may not have same instability and treacherous sensitivity as its notorious Nickel Hydrazine Perchlorate analogue that has made news for traumatic amputation maimings of curious but careless college student experimenters.

Mixed complexes are also possible where bridged complexation may have a complexing agent pair in parallel for example where a bis or poly complexation involving two or more amines is a case where the two or more amines are not the same amine, for example the case where a tetra ammonium complex forms first, and then upon addition of methylammonium, some of the ammonium is displaced and replaced by methylammonium.....a strategy which can lead to Oxygen balance .....as would be the case with Copper Tetra-ammonium Diperchlorate dissolved in aqueous ammonia being
converted to Copper ( bis-ammonium / bis-methylammonium ) Diperchlorate .....Also novel and unreported......gotten by simply adding 2 mole equivalents of methylamine as hydroxide or nitrate or perchlorate to the reaction mixture. Comparative lower solubility for the methylammonium substituted complex should preferentially precipitate the heavier and lower solubility complex.

Analogously, instead of methylammonium, dimethylammonium, trimethylammonium, tetramethylammonium, hydrazinium, semicarbazide, aminoguandinium, ethanolamine, or betaine, may serve to function as similar substituent agents for partial or complete displacement of the ammonium from an ammonium complexed precursor, producing the desired higher molecular weight shared complex or higher mole weight complex, when that direction of reaction is favored by a lower solubility of the desired product which crystallizes and precipitates.

Have a greatly blessed Sunday my friends ......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KShGGElRsxU Angelis - (Latin) Angels

Angelis - Sanctus Dominus - Our Holy Lord.bmp - 481kB

Attachment: Angelis - Libera.mp3 (6.3MB)
This file has been downloaded 609 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBLyk6yOTnU How Shall I Sing That Majesty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-akN9q8ks0 From A Distance

[Edited on 10/27/2019 by Rosco Bodine]
papaya
National Hazard

Mood: reactive

[*] posted on 4-9-2020 at 15:19

Anyone is still after TACN ? Dig your own !

Enjoy.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/281488300_Shilovite...

"Shilovite, natural copper(II) tetrammine nitrate, a new mineral species The new mineral shilovite, the first natural tetrammine copper complex, was found in a guano deposit located on the Pabellón de Pica Mountain, near Chanabaya, Iquique Province, Tarapacá Region, Chile. It is associated with halite, ammineite, atacamite (a product of ammineite alteration) and thénardite. The gabbro host rock consists of amphibole, plagioclase and minor clinochlore, and contains accessory chalcopyrite. The latter is considered the source of Cu for shilovite. The new mineral occurs as deep violet
blue, imperfect, thick tabular to equant crystals up to 0.15 mm in size included in massive halite.
The idealized formula is Cu(NH3)4(NO3)2.

"
dangerous amateur
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 1-10-2020 at 07:15
NHN from hydrazine sulfate - is it worthwhile?

@papaya:
haha nice find :D

I had given this up for a very long time, and unfortunately lost my lab notes from few years ago.
I used hydrazine sulfate with barium/sodium hydroxides, and my NHN yields where always to low for further experimentation. Now my fingers are itching to try this again...

Did anybody here ever got a decent yield with low concentrated hydrazine from freebasing? I'll never get the commercial 60% stuff some people are using, so I might as well abandon the whole thing...

Another question:
Did anybody ever tried cobalt hydrazine nitrate?
There's little information out there... I wonder if this has the same flaws as NHN, lazyness in DDT, large critical diameter except with superstrong confinement...
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

Mood: cool.gif

[*] posted on 4-11-2020 at 03:19

I read it all. Great news about TACN. When I go there to tear a rock, I'll only take a detonator and a piece of wire with me....:D

Development of primarily - secondary substances CHP (2015) Lithex (2022) Brightelite (2023) Nitrocelite (2024)
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

Mood: cool.gif

[*] posted on 4-11-2020 at 03:27

@dangerous amateur...NHN works reliable in mixture with ETN 1:1 Density about 1 - 1,2g / cc in solid cavity. Simply dry mix of powders.

Development of primarily - secondary substances CHP (2015) Lithex (2022) Brightelite (2023) Nitrocelite (2024)
dangerous amateur
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 5-11-2020 at 01:25

@LL:
Great to have you back. If it's really you.....?

I do not doubt the mixture works in your copper tubes. It might be a good solution.

But my question 3 posts upwards was about making NHN from low concentrated hydrazine. Until now I failed with that.
Should I pursue this any further or rather look for commercial 60% solution?
 Pages:  1  ..  20    22    24  25

Go To Top