Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Green paranoia and Gibson Guitars
Vogelzang
Banned

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 29-10-2011 at 13:58
Green paranoia and Gibson Guitars

Check out this video about an interview with a CEO at Gibson Guitars about raiding their company because of alledgedly breaking laws about getting exotic woods. If you thought chemical paranoia was bad, this is even crazier.

http://www.popmodal.com/video/9043/Gibson-Guitars-RAIDED-by-...

[Edited on 29-10-2011 by Vogelzang]
IrC
International Hazard

Mood: Discovering

[*] posted on 29-10-2011 at 16:03

Nothing but abuse of power by a corrupt criminal administration. They had the proper paperwork and permission from the government just like the 17 years before they had been buying the wood. Other companies such as Martin buy the identical wood from the same place and nothing has been said to them. The only difference is the companies not bothered support Democrats and Gibson is conservative in it's support. Period, end of story. This is abuse of power under the color of law for mere political persecution.

Hopefully there will be years of many prosecutions when conservatives are back in office. Assuming the election is not stolen by even more criminal actions on behalf of the current administration. If they do America is doomed. If I could I would live in the Czech Republic, probably the best country left at least for now.

[Edited on 10-30-2011 by IrC]

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" Richard Feynman
Polverone
Now celebrating 21 years of madness

Mood: Waiting for spring

[*] posted on 29-10-2011 at 17:32

Quote: Originally posted by IrC  
Nothing but abuse of power by a corrupt criminal administration. They had the proper paperwork and permission from the government just like the 17 years before they had been buying the wood. Other companies such as Martin buy the identical wood from the same place and nothing has been said to them. The only difference is the companies not bothered support Democrats and Gibson is conservative in it's support. Period, end of story. This is abuse of power under the color of law for mere political persecution..

According to opensecrets.org the only Gibson Guitar employee who's contributed to a political campaign this year is the CEO, Henry Juszkiewicz. He contributed $2000 to Democrat Jim Cooper. His only other contribution to a candidate was in 2007, $2300 to Republican Mike Huckabee. His candidate contributions are dwarfed by the $25000 he's given since 2007 to the Consumer Electronics Association. This is supposed to be payback for a modest donation 4 years ago to a Republican who didn't even get the party nomination?

PGP Key and corresponding e-mail address
IrC
International Hazard

[*] posted on 29-10-2011 at 18:33

He said in one of his interviews (I have watched three different interviews) he was sure politics and his support of a conservative was why he was targeted. Since he is the entity being persecuted I have no doubt he has information we have not been told. Besides there is no reason to target Gibson for something Martin does, who has not been bothered. I see no reason the EPA is so selective in it's targeting Gibson while ignoring the identical 'offense' by others. Not to mention the 'offended government' provided paperwork showing Gibson acted perfectly within the laws of their sovereignty.

Also to raid the place shoving machine guns in the faces of honest law abiding citizens at work over this issue is far beyond reason no matter how you slice it. They behaved like jack booted terrorists. So far they have not returned the wood they took in 2009 even though they have failed to this date to actually present any charges for prosecution. You can choose to believe the feds have not gone to the dark side of criminality if you wish but unless things change it will soon be beyond denial for anyone. God help the home experimenters when the EPA decides to start going after all of them.

If you watch some of the anti admin agenda pushed by Mike Huckabee on Fox it has to make one wonder if he is not considered an enemy by the administration and targeted along with anyone supporting him. I can only tell you I heard the CEO state his belief of why Gibson was a target while others were not.

[Edited on 10-30-2011 by IrC]

quicksilver
International Hazard

Mood: ~-=SWINGS=-~

[*] posted on 30-10-2011 at 10:45

I belong to a music oriented forum, similar to this - but related to stringed instruments- and I believe MANY firms are seriously concerned about this issue not simply Gibson / Epiphone. There are many custom shops that build guitars and Basses (Boutique-stringed instruments) that sell their items for many thousands of dollars. It has become common that many musicians will not travel with newer expensive instruments.

The key issue (once again) is that a Customs inspector or other official may mistakenly decide that some wood is "restricted". Or, become concerned that what they see may be a problem and act out of fear [of loosing their job], etc.

[Edited on 30-10-2011 by quicksilver]

Vogelzang
Banned

[*] posted on 31-10-2011 at 13:59

Czech President: 'Global warming doctrine' has parrallels with excesses of communisn: 'A new dangerous attempt to control and mastermind our lives'

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/opinion/green-agenda-has-parrall...
MagicJigPipe
International Hazard

Mood: Suspicious

[*] posted on 31-10-2011 at 15:01

I mostly agree with IrC. Although I am no conspiracy theorist I must say that the evidence seems to overwhelmingly point towards political motivation in this case. At the very least it was an indiscriminate display of iron-fisted, tyrannical behavior by a long out-of-control government that has finally reached the point of of "true" despotism. There are few times in American history where such a thing could happen with so little public backlash (i.e. mostly during times of war; and what does this have to do with war?).

It doesn't matter whether this was Obama or George Bush, it's an extremely brazen display of abusive government agencies and it scares me to think that they are this comfortable with such behavior. Like they're not the least bit worried about how the public perceives them...

The only thing that would really top this off is if, in a few months we all "find out" that Gibson was up to some nefarious activities (and if you don't catch my drift: it most likely would be fabricated).

"There must be no barriers to freedom of inquiry ... There is no place for dogma in science. The scientist is free, and must be free to ask any question, to doubt any assertion, to seek for any evidence, to correct any errors. ... We know that the only way to avoid error is to detect it and that the only way to detect it is to be free to inquire. And we know that as long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost, and science can never regress." -J. Robert Oppenheimer
IrC
International Hazard

[*] posted on 31-10-2011 at 15:01

"Czech President: 'Global warming doctrine' has parrallels with excesses of communisn: 'A new dangerous attempt to control and mastermind our lives'"

More evidence to back up my opinion the Czech Republic is one of the few remaining great places to live.

"if, in a few months we all "find out" that Gibson was up to some nefarious activities"

The entire problem exists because the labor work to the wood was done here. Had the rosewood fret boards been worked on there then they would not have gone after Gibson at least for this agenda item. All about redistribution of wealth and targeting political opponents.

[Edited on 10-31-2011 by IrC]

hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 1-11-2011 at 07:41

Quote:
Historically, the Czech people have been characterised as "tolerant and even indifferent towards religion".[82] According to the 2001 census, 59% of the country is agnostic, atheist or irreligious, 26.8% is Roman Catholic and 2.5% is Protestant.

Yeah, I like the society, despite their having a Head of State who says daft things . . .

IrC
International Hazard

[*] posted on 1-11-2011 at 11:23

Maybe their Head of State does not believe in false religions. On the people side I can give a comparison. A year in NYC, never once met a happy person. Come to think of it I have trouble recalling a happy person from KC to Phoenix either. Yet of all the Czech people I have seen I have trouble recalling an unhappy one. Possibly because they still remember the way things were so they have not become jaded in their perceptions. But I am being off topic so enough of that.

Vogelzang
Banned

[*] posted on 3-11-2011 at 01:48

Where's the green jobs?

Attachment: SteveJobsObamaAdvice.doc (33kB)
This file has been downloaded 686 times

Go To Top