Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  35    37
Author: Subject: Diphoronepentaperoxide (DPPP)
chemoleo
Biochemicus Energeticus

Mood: crystalline

[*] posted on 22-10-2005 at 19:39

Quote:
I noticed, upon mixing DPPP and ureanitrate, there were a sudden change in temperature

Was that in solution? If so, did you check UN on its own? It might well cool down when dissolved. As to the rest of your claims... welll... did you indeed read the above posts?

Never Stop to Begin, and Never Begin to Stop...
Tolerance is good. But not with the intolerant! (Wilhelm Busch)
vulture
Forum Gatekeeper

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 23-10-2005 at 11:49

Quote:

As to the rest of your claims...

Wanna bet it's "It sounded much louder/sharper/powerful than normal AP!"

Wishful thinking...

One shouldn't accept or resort to the mutilation of science to appease the mentally impaired.
PyRoE_Inc
Harmless

[*] posted on 9-11-2005 at 10:54
DPPP+UN Mix

im not saying that it is dppp. i just thought that it was the term to use of this specific chemical in this topic, and wanted to share what i experienced.
the mixture was not in solution but as i wrote both the "dppp" and the un was only about 90% dry. i felt the temperature dropping with my fingers while mixing some in a matchbox. i know, its not very scientific. but thougt it was worth a reply. obviously not...

and quince.. im sorry, but no.
HIDEKI_1
Harmless

[*] posted on 9-11-2005 at 17:59

DPPP IS REAL ALL THESE GUYS WANNA DIS IT BECUASE THEY ARE REALLY HOMELAND SECURITY SHILLS WHO DON'T WANT COMMONERS TO KNOW HOW TO MAKE HMX GRADE EXPLOSIVES. THINK ABOUT IT!
ordenblitz
Hazard to Others

Mood: Bohr'd

[*] posted on 9-11-2005 at 18:50

I did the IR testing, and my friend I can assure you that the processes described in this thread produce acetone peroxide. DPPP may exist but no one here has yet produced it.

If you have been on this forum for any amount of time you will realize that it is a crucible of truth, and definitely not a gathering of government shills. I certainly didn't get any direction or compensation from anyone to do the testing or post the results I did.

It's time to come to grips with the facts. But hey, cheer up! It's not a bad thing to be proven wrong. That way you don't continue on believing incorrect information, that which forms a unstable foundation to add further knowledge upon.

My son you have been put back on the straight road to truth by this learned assemblage..... stop swerving!
Boomer
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 11-11-2005 at 07:12

OMG I knew he'd come back. On the other hand, he can't be so silly to keep half his name. ???

Could one of the mods please look at his IP for an ASAP banning if it's THAT hideki?

P.S I know with two posts I'm not in a position to demand such things here, and normally would not dare. But I linger for three years now, and the very day I register I see that moron's name popping up again...
Quince
National Hazard

[*] posted on 17-11-2005 at 11:13

Hideki, you idiot, these same people have participated in other areas and contributed towards hobbyist energetic materials discussions. And if we want to make HMX-grade explosives, we can just make HMS. Dumbass.

[Edited on 17-11-2005 by Quince]

\"One of the surest signs of Conrad\'s genius is that women dislike his books.\" --George Orwell
J_O_H_N_Q
Harmless

[*] posted on 21-11-2005 at 03:16

OK, OK, so I'll be the first to admit, a patent with instructions that sparse must definitely be crap, BUT, one thing that doesn't change is whether or not DPPP does in fact exist.
Last time I checked, they didn't just hand out CAS numbers to imaginations. Has anyone here gotten hold of some phorone, or even better, phorone pentachloride???
I sure as shit haven't, maybe that could be the next direction this discussion takes, OTC phorone.

Oh, and maybe the people saying DPPP doesn't exist aren't the feebies, maybe it's you saying it does, crying wolf at others to distract everybody, and now the feebies also forced IUPAC (or whoever) to give "DPPP" a CAS number, to reinforce the goose chase...

Hey, just so you know I'm not picking on you, there's a very good chance you're right, I'm just airing out all the arguments.
in fact, maybe you're the only real person here, and everybody else is a feebie trying to get you to confess to something so that we can nail you and send you far away without a trial...
He, he, he, bet ya didn't think about that...

Sorry to go off topic, does anyone know of a OTC source of phorone or its chloride derivative. YES, besides acetone and HCl.
Chris The Great
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 22-11-2005 at 20:57

Phorone doesn't work, it was tried by BASF (I think) who got nothing from it.

If you had it, then adding chlorine gas would make the tetrachloride easily.

Search for phorone, there is a thread on making it in high yield from acetone, without all the other impurities. I cannot remember the details since I viewed it about a year ago, but it was seemingly straightforward.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
KemiRockarFett
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 26-11-2005 at 06:22

Ten years ago I studied peroxides of aceton a lot. I always manufacture it with HCl and temperature around 25 degrees C. ( Dont tell me about the di and trimers I know everything about it)
I never neutralise it. Only wash it ones and then let it dry. Peroxides are NOT stable under basic conditions and the HCl is no problem.

I let a gram dry in a temperature of arond 25-30 C and after two days it has got another colour. It was not snowwhite any more more like greyish colour.
Aha, the sample has recrystalised it self do to high vapour pressure ? However I tried to fire a little of it, detonaded directly. I did not expect that it should do so in miligram amounts.
Next experiment was done under water. I manufactured new peroxide and stored a gram under water, a good way to form big crystals of the peroxide. I got some realy nice crystals but they only light up like ordinary peroxide in small amonuts than fired.
therefore I am asking you if you have noticed the same things ?
( Maybee this is DPPP)
[Edited on 26-11-2005 by KemiRockarFett]

[Edited on 26-11-2005 by KemiRockarFett]
Bloodhoof
Harmless

[*] posted on 27-11-2005 at 05:02

I mixed 200ml of 30% HCl and 300ml of acetone, the heated the mixture for about an hour. The it turned red-black, its volume deacreased by about 150ml. Then i tried the mixture if it has still any HCl in it. And it had, i poured there about 100ml of acetone to react with remaining HCl. Heated it for about more than half a hour, it changed to even darker liquid. Now i left it on the windowsill, and i think ill leave it overnight. If it will still have any acid in it I will maybe heat it again adding some acetone, or maybe that black stuff is acidic by itself :mad: So what do you think guys? Is it posible to get rid of remaining HCl there or is it not nesecary?
stygian
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 27-11-2005 at 07:32

You shouldn't need that much acid. I think the HCl (or NaOH) + acetone rxn is an aldol condensation. I don't know much about it, but it just uses the acid as a catalyst
Bloodhoof
Harmless

[*] posted on 27-11-2005 at 09:15

Emmm... Dudes... I just tried making DPPP and i got these red crystals. They're more powerful than ap, well atleast they give a bigger fireball. So any idea what stuff did I got there? Is that a new peroxide or what?
Rosco Bodine
Banned

Mood: analytical

[*] posted on 27-11-2005 at 09:55

Moderator ,

Please lock this thread and unstick it .

This topic has become so many ways a settled argument , that it is now just a magnet for those on whom the point is lost ....those who " just don't get it " :D

How about a quick and merciful end for the science now having descended to shuck and jive :D

Please .
Quince
National Hazard

[*] posted on 27-11-2005 at 10:23

Quote:
Originally posted by Rosco Bodine
This topic has become >in< so many ways a settled argument

:P

[Edited on 27-11-2005 by Quince]

\"One of the surest signs of Conrad\'s genius is that women dislike his books.\" --George Orwell
vulture
Forum Gatekeeper

[*] posted on 27-11-2005 at 10:47

Quote:

Emmm... Dudes... I just tried making DPPP and i got these red crystals.

Translation: Dudes, I want to show off so I read something about phorone becoming red and something about a peroxide et voila. Please believe me story so I can be ph34rs0m3 and respected, dawg!

Get a grip...

Anyway, Rosco is right. Let's put this thread out of it's misery.

One shouldn't accept or resort to the mutilation of science to appease the mentally impaired.
 Pages:  1  ..  35    37

Go To Top