Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Lab Jacks
JibbyDee
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 25-11-2011 at 14:05
Lab Jacks

I need a lab jack for propping up and lowering my hot plate at will so I was planning on buying one from my local lab supply shop but was horrified to see that the cheapest one (one big enough for my hot plate) is €150. Are there any cheap items that can be used as or converted into a jack suitable for lab applications?
Panache
International Hazard

Mood: Instead of being my deliverance, she had a resemblance to a Kat named Frankenstein

[*] posted on 29-11-2011 at 01:11

For something that large a car jack works very well. You're right about the bullshit price on lab jacks they've always been very expensive. For receiving vessels i have have the following solution and it has worked well for me for years. At ikea at the end they sell misc spares and whatnot. One item they stock is pairs or sets of four adjustable feet for lounge suites. They are just a large wide flat polyethylene screw and cap. By srewing two of these together, you have a platform two inches high that can screw out to almost four inches. If you screw two of these toether...well i guess you get the idea. I toss them in the didhwasher to clean.

zoombafu
Hazard to Others

Mood: sciencey

[*] posted on 29-11-2011 at 06:34

If you want something cheap you could just get some bricks and stack it up on that, otherwise check ebay, they have cheap ones on there every now and then.

Go To Top