Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: The Restriction of a Chemical Element
bahamuth
Hazard to Others

Mood: Under stimulated

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 02:23

Most people who abuse drugs don't plan on doing it, as such it is pointless to argue that the person, doctor or not could get his hands on stronger drugs.
It may as well be as AndersHoveland said, either he has
Quote: Originally posted by AndersHoveland  
chronic explosive diarrhea, or he has dependancy issues.

Most addicts get addicted by something they thought was harmless, e.g. codeine which has a very large user group in the UK IIRC. It may very well be that the doctor in question has developed an addiction to Lomotil due to using it over prolonged periodes due to not knowing it would be addictive. Doctors aren't overly smart people, they just are good at studying and they are still human and as such they may fall into any addiction as the rest of us (this may not be the actual case as addictive behavior is linked to genetics..).

Quote: Originally posted by entropy51  
If a physician wants to abuse prescription drugs he can do much better than Lomotil, trust me.

This is usually not the case anymore, atleast not in the western european countries as doctors usually are watched in the regards of prescribing stronger opiates and such. Don't think any doctor would be as stupid as to prescribe stronger abusable drugs to themselves as this would get them in the search light within a short time (though some "deep-into-addiction" doctors do this in the end of their career).

This thread is on one of the most "hot" topics for me and as such I have resisted posting until now, but it has completly derailed from its original intent in my opinion, urging a discussion on the regulation and restriction of chemical elements and compounds and if one should accept or reject these limitating laws.

My opinion is that nothing should be restricted, but I also see the problem with rouge elements getting free access to potential harmful components. There are probably not an easy fix to this but I believe restriction and illegalisation of such compounds are a stillborn attempt to get control over certain "non-taxable" businesses.

One last thing, I am sure that most on this forum see stupid (in regards to chemical knowledge) restrictions/legislations getting passed in their country based on fear or economical reasons and think a discussion of such fits into the original topic of this thread.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
entropy51
Gone, but not forgotten

Mood: Fissile

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 06:31

Quote: Originally posted by bahamuth  
Don't think any doctor would be as stupid as to prescribe stronger abusable drugs to themselves as this would get them in the search light within a short time (though some "deep-into-addiction" doctors do this in the end of their career).

Duh. Well of course not. You don't ever prescribe controlled drugs for yourself. But your golf buddies or other colleagues can prescribe them for you.

The idea of a physician abusing something like Lomotil is just silly.
Polverone
Now celebrating 21 years of madness
Thread Split
31-1-2012 at 19:42
ScienceSquirrel
International Hazard
Thread Pruned
13-3-2012 at 05:24
rollercoaster158
Harmless

Mood: Compiling...

[*] posted on 5-5-2012 at 16:45

If they banned phosphorous, then matches will no longer be able to be sold. Strike-on-box matchboxes contain a usable amount of elemental phosphorous on the striking surface, although there are some impurities.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top