Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Quick question?
DeathAdder
Harmless

Mood: Venomious

[*] posted on 25-12-2011 at 14:21
Quick question?

I'd like to know if i try anything in this document http://www.textfiles.com/anarchy/INCENDIARIES/kipe2.txt Would it kill me? Without being stupid and following all instructions correctly are any products produced unstable unless otherwise noted for an explosive? Also known as Improvised kitchen explosives by Tim Lewis. Link.

[Edited on 25-12-2011 by DeathAdder]

I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.
Albert Einstein

I live in that solitude which is painful in youth, but delicious in the years of maturity.
Albert Einstein
Hennig Brand
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 25-12-2011 at 15:22

Not sure if you are asking a serious question, but I'll give my opinion anyway. I think the written material by Tim Lewis is normally considered a little better than a lot of the fringe literature out there. However just about any of the materials/procedures discussed by him have the potential to maim or kill you, probability of this goes up if you act foolishly. I find his books entertaining and somewhat informative, however if you really want to attempt anything from his books it would be very wise to do some research using other (more reputable/in-depth) sources.

All explosives are explosively unstable or they wouldn't be explosives. They are all on a sensitivity spectrum if you like with something like TNT at one end requiring a heavy hit from a large hammer to initiate, and on the other end something like nitrogen triiodide which goes off by touching it with a feather or looking at it. Obviously if an explosive is so sensitive/explosively unstable that it can't be handled safely then it has much less practical use in most circumstances.

Storage stability is another issue that is important and in many cases they are interrelated. Decomposition during storage can lead to greater explosive instability for instance.

[Edited on 25-12-2011 by Hennig Brand]
Neil
National Hazard

[*] posted on 26-12-2011 at 05:54

Try looking here , many of your desired preparations have been individually discussed in detail.

What is not in Energetics is likely in General chemistry.

eyeofjake
Harmless

[*] posted on 2-1-2012 at 23:30

I remember looking at this manual. The guy has solid stoichiometry in the reactions which is good sign if you ask me. I love when I come across directions with measurements like "ass ton" or "a bunch" in the listing. When directions seem like they are written by a 13 year old I laugh.

Doing any form of energetic chemistry can kill you if you aren't careful. This form of chemistry is a great way of weeding out the idiots the hard way. He does list some great methods of plasticizing the compounds.
neptunium
National Hazard

[*] posted on 3-1-2012 at 15:48

written in 1995! lotta things will land you on the no fly list or the DEA list if you try to purchase some of this stuff... thank you 9/11 and DHS...

Go To Top