Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Inform me website addresses .....
FEBA
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 14-4-2004 at 09:23
Inform me website addresses .....

Please to inform me website addresses where I can obtain information of the physical and chemical properties of all or of most of the existent liquids, mainly density, viscosity, solubity, etc.
madscientist
National Hazard

Mood: pyrophoric

[*] posted on 14-4-2004 at 09:44

www.chemfinder.com

I weep at the sight of flaming acetic anhydride.
blip
Hazard to Others

Mood: absorbed

[*] posted on 14-4-2004 at 19:06

Try <a href="http://www.google.com/" target="_blank">Google</a> and search for something.
What I might do for example:
<a href="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%2B%22MSDS%22+AND+%2B%22calcium+gluconate%22" target="_blank"><font color=FF0000><b>+"MSDS" AND +"calcium gluconate"</b></font></a>
It's good to examine about 5-10 of them in case their data is conflicting in some way, I've experienced that more than I should have. One example is giving melting and/or boiling points that are really decomposition temperatures, so you could refine your search by putting +"melting point" instead of +"MSDS". Btw, the plus signs and quotation marks are a habit but it seems to work well.

ziqquratu
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 15-4-2004 at 02:15

Another alternative, instead of going to the hassle of searching for MSDS's through Google, is to go to www.sigmaaldrich.com, sign up for a free account, and then search their databases for just about any chemical you could ever want... a number that you wouldn't, too!! It can be a little annoying sometimes - some of the more general search terms can bring back hundreds of hits - but you get used to their engine pretty quickly and can narrow it down if you need to!

Go To Top