Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: NaClO4 production using a Pt clad Ti anode and a Ti cathode.
FrankRizzo
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1-9-2006 at 19:09

Would anyone here happen to have access to The Journal of Applied Electrochemistry? My university has access through Springerlink.com, but only for issues released since '92. I would love to read the following articles:

Large-scale preparation of perchlorates directly from sodium chloride

Insoluble anode of porous lead dioxide for electrosynthesis: preparation and characterization

Kinetics and mechanism of anodic oxidation of chlorate ion to perchlorate ion on lead dioxide electrodes

Insoluble anode of α-lead dioxide coated on titanium for electrosynthesis of sodium perchlorate

The preparation and behaviour of magnetite anodes
simple
Harmless

[*] posted on 14-11-2006 at 15:46

Quote:
Originally posted by SAM4CH
How can I make perchlorate from NaCl using pure platinum with out corrision? I have platinum plate 10*20 cm with 1mm thickness, it is very expensive so please advise me!!

If you will apply current to the plate it will detoriate over the periud of time. anode and cathode are always sacraficial part. There are technics to prolong there's live but they will still havenominated lifespan
simple
Harmless

[*] posted on 14-11-2006 at 15:55

axehandle , I have only partially read and understand what you are trying to do, but just want to comment to be careful with rising temperature of the reaction vessel. If you are using Ru oxide based anode it is VERY sensitive to operating temperatures and will wear out rapidly. I know as we manufacture those.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top