Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6
Author: Subject: Oh yeah, no reason to be paranoid...
Zombie
Forum Hillbilly

Mood: I just don't know...

[*] posted on 23-5-2015 at 10:06

Quote: Originally posted by aga  
All modern devices are incredibly complex.

The Sales hype tends to focus on the Core processor, by which the device is deemed 'powerful' etc.

Modern devices include several processors to handle tasks such as the Graphics, Hard drive control, even Power Management.

Each one is a processor, capable of executing instructions.

So long as it handles it's intended task, who is to say what Other instructions it is executing ?

The days of ROM or EPROM are long gone.
The technology today uses re-writeable permanent memory for storing the instructions for these processors, and these processors can write to that same permanent memory.

Frankly it is a crap-shoot as to whether your device does 100% what it was intended to do by it's manufacturer, let alone what you want it to focus on doing.

The manufacturer may never have intended it to do 100% what You the User wanted it to do ...

[Edited on 19-5-2015 by aga]

A lot of this depends on how much you know about the software in your system.Much if not all of it has "phone home" abilities under the pretense of updates.
Again much if not all of it also sends usage data. Exactly what that data is relies on how the software was written.

I've said it in several threads that turning off or deleting the "auto update" files are your only protection from this.
Also a fully controllable firewall is a MUST on today's net.

Knowing what services your system needs, and what they do is also a MUST. Same for processes.

It's well worth spending one week googling every running system on your rig to determine if it is needed, and if you can turn it off or modify the files to make it both safe, and free up needed computing power.

I run a home built 8 core AMD that is overclocked to 5.2MHz. I learned the hard way that anything less (for me) is almost useless. Even with every running set of instructions fine tuned to free up resources. Honestly... MicroSoft is a horrible excuse for an operating system. Planned failure.

Linux systems are not much better. There is no real software for it, and the emulators that allow SOME windows programs to run suck.

Back on topic. Thank God for Snowden. For those that didn't believe what the internet really is, I pray he opened your eyes. For those that still doubt it, Try this...

Open an AOL email account, and begin typing an Email to any address. Pick ANY subject ie: Dear mom, Where can I buy tires for my truck, and I also need a dozen roses for Judy's birthday.

Before that email is SENT there will be Ad banners for tires, and roses all over your screen. You did not even authorize a send command yet, and THEY KNOW what you are writing. Who else knows?????????

Firewall, PeerBlock, and monitor EVERY PROCESS, and SERVICE! There is nothing else you can do.

They tried to have me "put to sleep" so I came back to return the favor.
Zom.
aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 23-5-2015 at 10:22

Switch off the computer and live under a Rock, as i do.

Zombie
Forum Hillbilly

[*] posted on 23-5-2015 at 10:49

They have wifi under rocks? Or are you hard lined?

Trust me, Hard lined is better. You never know who is under the rock next to you running an array of repeaters.

True story... A local ass clown asked me to look at his computer. He had that FBI warning virus. AKA send us 500.00 USD (as your lawful "fine")and we will return control of your computer to you.

I went to his house with my stack of repair boot discs, and saw he had 6 wifi repeaters all around the room where his computer was. He admitted he was jacking someone elses signal, and had been for years.

I told him there was only one "POTENTIAL cure. To wipe the disc, pray the virus wiped, and re install the OS. I used my Hierem's boot cd, and choose "Wipe, and Nuke". It's a program that wipes the drive, and then wipes the code that makes the drive use-able. I don't mind pirating software from AutoCad or PeachTree (billion dollar corps.) but I don't believe in stealing from your neighbors. Especially in a poor city such as Carrabelle.

He wound up having to buy a new computer because they are cheaper than buying a drive, and an OS. (I never told him I have copies of every OS since XP, and perhaps 10-12 un-formatted hard drives) Perhaps I will meet him in hell, perhaps not.

Zom.
aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 23-5-2015 at 10:54

The Devil is in the Driver Details.

Zombie
Forum Hillbilly

[*] posted on 23-5-2015 at 11:08

:D:D:D Are you SURE I don't know you?

I'd swear we spent 5-6 hours laughing at people in Harry's bar about 3 months ago.

Zom.
aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 23-5-2015 at 12:17

Did i wet my pants ?

Wait a minute, that isn't narrowing it down any.

Zombie
Forum Hillbilly

[*] posted on 23-5-2015 at 12:58

You beat me to the punch line again!

Say g'night Gracie...:P

Zom.
franklyn
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1-6-2015 at 22:43

See here two video reports, first how we got here and now big brother.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/government-elections...

byko3y
National Hazard

Mood: dooM

[*] posted on 1-6-2015 at 22:57

Why should I bother about government spyingfor its citizens. US government is capable of spying all over the globe, and it had this ability long time ago.
It decides what news you will get on major tv, radio, newspapers, it has military bases all over the world. Not that US government is special - any government will do that. US just doing it in the whole world.
"Oh, what a nonsense conspiracy you talk about" somebody could say few years ago, until we actually got the proofs Google, Skype and Facebook are working for NSA. And there's no need for additional proofs of military bases existence.

142887153781.jpg - 127kB
Zombie
Forum Hillbilly

[*] posted on 2-6-2015 at 00:06

Google, and the NSA have been in bed for decades.

Google has the Bloom Cell, and they are partners in the quantum computer running in the coldest lab space in the universe. ALMOST absolute zero.

Combined they have the worlds best energy source, and the most powerful computer ever conceived. Nothing shifty going on there. They just need to coordinate all those Palm Pilots they have.

Oh! The Pict. you posted... That's just a soldier making sure no one hurts his coffee bean picking Mexican friend. The drug cartel guys like coffee, and they have been jacking the pickers for their beans.
Thank god for American soldiers huh.

http://www.bloomenergy.com/fuel-cell/solid-oxide-fuel-cell-a...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_computing

http://www.insightcrime.org/news-briefs/costa-ricas-coffee-i...

Zom.
franklyn
International Hazard

[*] posted on 4-6-2015 at 14:28

Wait-a- minute ! they can't do that to U S ! !

http://news.yahoo.com/us-officials-massive-breach-federal-pe...

" The FBI is conducting an investigation to identify how and why this occurred,"

Hey , whatever goes around comes around.

blogfast25
International Hazard

[*] posted on 4-6-2015 at 14:34

Quote: Originally posted by franklyn  
Wait-a- minute ! they can't do that to U S ! !

http://news.yahoo.com/us-officials-massive-breach-federal-pe...

" The FBI is conducting an investigation to identify how and why this occurred,"

Hey , whatever goes around comes around.

Hey, everyone knows when THEY do it it's GOOD but when 'WE' do it it's BAD!

See also Ellis/Snowdon/Manning etc etc etc. Orwell was so right he should be made mandatory reading in every school in the universe.

[Edited on 4-6-2015 by blogfast25]

blogfast25
International Hazard

[*] posted on 4-6-2015 at 14:39

The Press Police is Here:

Quote:
The authors call for the creation of an “internationally recognized ratings system for disinformation” that would furnish news organizations and bloggers with the “analytical tools with which to define forms of communication.” While they throw in an obligatory caveat that “top-down censorship should be avoided” (exactly how is left unexplained), they nonetheless endorse what amounts to a media blacklist. “Vigorous debate and disagreement is of course to be encouraged,” the authors write, “but media organizations that practice conscious deception should be excluded from the community.”

What qualifies as “conscious deception” is also left undefined, but it isn’t difficult to surmise. Organizations that do not share the authors’ enthusiasm for regime change in Syria or war with Russia over Ukraine would almost certainly be “excluded from the community.” Weiss, for instance, has asserted repeatedly that Russia is to blame for the July 2014 downing of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17. But would a news organization like, say, The Atlantic or Der Spiegel be “excluded from the community” for writing about a German intelligence report that indicated the missile in question did not come from Russia? Would journalists like Robert Parry be blacklisted for questioning the mainstream account of the tragedy? Would scholars like the University of Ottawa’s Paul Robinson be banned from appearing on op-ed pages and cable-news programs for challenging the notion that there is, in the words of Ukraine’s ambassador to the United States, “no civil war in Ukraine,” but rather a war “started and waged by Russia”?

Zombie
Forum Hillbilly

[*] posted on 4-6-2015 at 16:54

I don't know about a breech in Govt' payroll records. That is the sort of info they would NEVER release or completely deny if it did happen, and was leaked.

IMHO this is nothing more than anti China propaganda. Get Americans to hate China so we have reasons to attack their economy. Obviously we are starting to worry about that HUGE upper hand they have in global markets.

Quote from the linked article:
""This is an attack against the nation," said Ken Ammon,""

If in fact the article were based on a factual event... We'd be nuking them already.

Just my opinion. Propaganda!

Zom.
franklyn
International Hazard

[*] posted on 5-6-2015 at 08:47

Back in 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6nWpaPNZTk

Currently
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwjph3Xp4o4

blogfast25
International Hazard

[*] posted on 5-6-2015 at 08:56

Quote: Originally posted by Zombie  
Get Americans to hate China so we have reasons to attack their economy. Obviously we are starting to worry about that HUGE upper hand they have in global markets.

Should be a doddle: just sprinkle propaganda with 'communism/Marxism' lavishly and you're half done. Cold war propaganda causes 13 year old Americans to 'still' hate something they don't even remotely understand.

[Edited on 5-6-2015 by blogfast25]

gregxy
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 23-6-2015 at 10:45

Here is an interesting article on how it is possible to steal crypto keys by
monitoring RF emissions from a laptop using common components
(the required bandwidth is only 2MHz). The attacker, however needs to
interact with the laptop via WIFI.

http://www.wired.com/2015/06/radio-bug-can-steal-laptop-cryp...
IrC
International Hazard

Mood: Discovering

[*] posted on 23-6-2015 at 13:05

http://67.225.133.110/~gbpprorg/mil/vaneck/index.html

http://67.225.133.110/~gbpprorg/mil/

I should add the point of the links is WiFi is not even required. Even though the technology in the links is dated one can be sure the system and science has advanced far beyond what is commonly known or imagined.

[Edited on 6-23-2015 by IrC]

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" Richard Feynman
aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 23-6-2015 at 13:41

WiFi is incredibly vulnerable.

Strange how all new devices rely on WiFi.

No need to be paranoid - it's all for your own good, honest.

Just relax, buy, use, and rely on the WiFi devices and we'll make sure it's all fine, honest.

(prep the theatre Dave, we got new organ donors incoming).

Pages:  1  ..  4    6

Go To Top