Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: PUMP
SNiko9
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 27-3-2012 at 23:55
PUMP

which pump you use to drive the water through the condenser, and how the pump using a vacuum filtration? я видел в роликах по интернету когда используют насос для вакуумного фильтрования, а также для конденсара. насос кладут в ведро с ледяной водой и пускают в конденсатор. что это за насос?
SNiko9
Harmless

[*] posted on 27-3-2012 at 23:58
PUMP

I've seen in the trailers on the internet when using the pump for vacuum filtration, as well as kondensara. pump is placed in a bucket of ice water and let the condenser. What kind of pump?
peach
Bon Vivant

[*] posted on 28-3-2012 at 01:59

The smallest Hozelock garden fountain pump for the condenser. As you can see, I've expertly jammed a hose barb where the fountain head is supposed to go. The pump is now about ?2 decades? old and must have a million miles on the clock, but it still works and has never not worked.

Something that is bad about it is the noise. Even new, these things make a buzzing / rattling noise. It's not loud, but it gets seriously tedious if I have to sit listening to it for hours at a time. The only other annoyance is descumming the water, which tends to go manky over time. I've tried bleach in there, didn't work so well. I just sprinkle some iodine in there now.

This is something I've been meaning to sort out for ages. It needs longer hoses on it, and a lid, so I don't have to listen to it.

A fridge compressor, tap aspirator or cheap diaphragm pump (auto-mobile?) will do for vacuum filtration. There's no point using high vacuum for that and it'll accelerate the rate at which the high vacuum is ruined.

[Edited on 28-3-2012 by peach]
SNiko9
Harmless

[*] posted on 28-3-2012 at 04:25

Thank you very much! And can i use an aquarium filter? I think he will be able to drive the water in the condenser
peach
Bon Vivant

[*] posted on 28-3-2012 at 05:53

Never kept fish myself, but I expect that'd work. It only needs a small amount of pressure and flow.
Bot0nist
International Hazard

Mood: Streching my cotyledons.

[*] posted on 28-3-2012 at 06:57

A ten gallon fish tank filter pump will work, but the reservoir of water has the be higher than the condenser, or flow rate and thermal dissipation will suffer. Fill the condenser from bottom to top, of course, so it fills up and doesn't just trickle down the jacket.

U.T.F.S.E. and learn the joys of autodidacticism!

Don't judge each day only by the harvest you reap, but also by the seeds you sow.
Hexavalent
International Hazard

Mood: Pericyclic

[*] posted on 9-4-2012 at 07:56

I use a similar pump to Peach for filling condensers, although I change the water every time to minimise the storage space required for the equipment. My pump also has an adjustable flowrate to suit different columns. Some of those re-useable cold packs are also kept permanently in the freezer and are tossed into the tap water in the bucket every time to chill the condenser further. I use some 11mm aquarium PVC? hoses for the connections as they fit both the pump output and the barbs on my condenser perfectly.

Here it is for sale on eBay (the same exact model) - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Newa-Micra-Jet-Pond-Water-Feature-...

Personally, the technician at my school recently gave me a small metal aspirator for vacuum filtrations. In the two weeks of owning it, I've managed to lose the thing somewhere . . .

I do however have a proper vacuum pump; i got a cheapo tire inflator from HomeBargains, took of the casing and simply attached a length of hose, secured with Superglue, to the small import valve on the piston system. I drilled a hole on the top of the casing to pass the hose through, et voila, a fully functioning pump that behaves admirably for simple vacuum filtrations. The insides will wear out eventually, of course, but at £3.99 a shot it ain't gunner cost me a lot to replace. The internal motor is usually cooled by the rush of air going over it, so, I installed a second motor inside the casing and connected it up to the main system power line with a resistor. This main line used to be attached to a cigarette lighter adapdter, but, being in the lab, I cut it off and replaced it with some crocodile clips, which connect nicely into my adjustable lab bench power supply that I originally bought for electrolysis etc.

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." Winston Churchill

Go To Top