Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4    6
Author: Subject: Accidents...
Ral123
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1-6-2012 at 09:27

I had very limited access to internet and all I knew about explosives was from a gay-ass website written by a man who has never seen any explosive with a rubbish ap synth and two other bombs, here are the designs so we can laugh together-
fertiliser bomb-"place 500g fertiliser in a paper box, soak it with diesel, light the paper and run, the fire ball is over 6m"
jenirik bomb-"take a glass bottle and put few crystals of kalium permanganate. Put few mililiters of gasoline and wait till it evaporates. Close the bottle and throw it. Keep in mind it has the power of 1/2 stick of dynamite"
Interestingly back then ap was a valuable thing. It was very dissapointing when I had some and was supposed to get rid of it, withouth blowing it up :(
CrEaTiVePyroScience
Hazard to Self

Mood: Explosive

[*] posted on 1-6-2012 at 09:49

I see but you never ever had any accident of TATP or came close to it?
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Ral123
National Hazard

[*] posted on 1-6-2012 at 10:06

Only that my first synth was a runaway, and that some blew in the sun. The only acidental detonations were from little amounts of hmtd on the ceramic floor. I was handling egdn and that made me horibly nerveous :mad: I know a guy who blew himself with a pan of AP. A pan of AP and a short visko :D And another guy-a bucket of 400g ap and a sparkler :D They are bouth well now.
Adas
National Hazard

Mood: Sensitive to shock and friction

[*] posted on 1-6-2012 at 10:25

The tear gas must have been chloroacetone, because TATP can oxidize HCl to Cl2 which then reacts with acetone... Anyways, not washing the TATP that has been made using H2SO4 could have been fatal - as water evaporates, the H2SO4 concentrates and its dehydrating property may set the thing off.

Rest In Pieces!
Fossil
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 1-6-2012 at 11:53

Quote: Originally posted by CrEaTiVePyroScience  
@Fossil , pathetic that you are judging me on how I make acetone peroxide if you are just typing this from your computer without knowing anything about how I work. You obviously don't know where you are talking about.
And after 48h not everything has reacted yet.. Seriously I have done multiple measurements and had always more yields after 72h+ than 48hours. You just filter it off it doesn't matter...

You know what? Ill make a video on how I make acetone peroxide and then it's your turn to correct but I bet you will find any corrections. How about that?

Acetone peroxide is never safe dude.

[Edited on 1-6-2012 by CrEaTiVePyroScience]

You're right, I do not know how you work, but I can make the assumption based on your results. The 48hr reaction time is what I have found to be the most effective in terms of safety and time. By the way, I believe I do know what I am talking about since I have undoubtedly synthesized much more TATP than you and have not had a single accident. I have run many tests on the sensitivity of what I make. They have all shown that my method of manufacture produces a relatively stable energetic, although I have not done any tests with quantities larger than 0.3 grams. To give you perspective, it will not go off when struck with a hammer when the surface it is resting on is wood (2x4). It will however reliably go off when it is resting on metal and struck with a hammer. Friction sensitivity is the same.

Make a video if you want, although I do not recommend it as it can be used against you (by the cops.)

[Edited on 2012-6-1 by Fossil]
CrEaTiVePyroScience
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 1-6-2012 at 13:12

@Fossil So how much TATP do you make each batch?
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Fossil
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 1-6-2012 at 15:17

Average 8.42g, although I have recently moved away from that. Now I make it in 2.23g batches. It is not because I have had an accident, but because I no longer feel comfortable handling such large quantities. I feel the risk is unnecessary and when more is needed, I just make multiple small batches. My largest batch was one 15.74g made alongside five ~10g batches. It was a stupid thing to do in hindsight.
Ral123
National Hazard

[*] posted on 2-6-2012 at 03:26

So far my 15g sample in the freezer is still nice fine powder(three weeks). You wouldn't belive it's ap. What's with these small quantities? I know that 15g of very well compresed rdx does almost nothing to old shoes from 25cm. What can these 15g of low density crystals that would sh*t themselfs if I look too serious at them (the ones not in the fridge kinda did :D) do to my tough polypropylene googles from 40cm? There even people that had AP explode in direct contact with unprotected hand and havent lost any or very little parts of the fingers in long term.
Vikascoder
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 2-6-2012 at 06:13

Till now i have synthesized acetone peroxide lots of times carefully maintaining temperature each batch weight almost 4 grams luckily i did not had any accident . But i dont know the problem with my HMTD i synthesized it many times even at 35'c and it doesnt detonates from spark it deflagrates very quickly it can only be detonated with hammer . Could any one tell me how to detonate it with spark in open without confining it..
Ral123
National Hazard

[*] posted on 2-6-2012 at 07:08

I think AP is easyer to ddt. HMTD only with good confinement.
Vikascoder
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 2-6-2012 at 08:09

i read somewhere that aluminium and sulphur thermite can initate it in open just place half a gram of HMTD on any surfaceand then place 2 grams of aluminium and sulphur thermite and ignite it then hear a big bang then the detonation is really powerful .
CrEaTiVePyroScience
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 2-6-2012 at 08:29

@Ral123 You"ll be amazed what 15g can do.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdei-g3FFBQ

That is four grams of TATP if you are handling three times that much then I don't even want to think what happends when it would go off right next to you..
The shrapnel will penetrate your glasses easy, piece of cake.
Fossil
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 2-6-2012 at 08:34

RAL123, you think 15 grams of TATP is not very powerful?
This is a charge of 15 grams packed in a toilet paper roll. It is buried roughly 50 cm deep in a hole 7 cm in diameter.

A rock was subsequently placed on top of the charge.

The resulting crater was big enough to say, fit your head in, for lack of a better reference.

The the cavity is bigger than what the opening lets on. Also, this is what happened to the rock.

And you thought 15 grams of TATP was not something to be concerned about. I should also clarify that this is by far the largest TATP charge I have made. Additionally, I have no plans to ever repeat this experiment as TATP should not be handled in such large quantities in the case something were to go wrong.

[Edited on 2012-6-2 by Fossil]
Ral123
National Hazard

[*] posted on 2-6-2012 at 09:34

Don't make me post a super boring picture of an avrage man with almost nothing with his face. He blew himself with 400g AP. He went like a kilometer abosolutely by himself and didn't spent so much at hospital. 4g riped off an arm?? I did a test of 4g on a 3mm aluminium surface of an loud speaker. It bearly left a dent. A fragment from the thin wall of a pet bottle will never penetrate 2.5mm polypropylene googles. It may cause third cosmetic modification to my face trough :D It wont be much compared to the metal shrapnel I've eaten. I'd say that the bottom of the bottle can make a lethal tough high velocity shrapnel.
Fossil
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 2-6-2012 at 09:57

Quote: Originally posted by Ral123  
Don't make me post a super boring picture of an avrage man with almost nothing with his face. He blew himself with 400g AP. He went like a kilometer abosolutely by himself and didn't spent so much at hospital. 4g riped off an arm?? I did a test of 4g on a 3mm aluminium surface of an loud speaker. It bearly left a dent. A fragment from the thin wall of a pet bottle will never penetrate 2.5mm polypropylene googles. It may cause third cosmetic modification to my face trough :D It wont be much compared to the metal shrapnel I've eaten. I'd say that the bottom of the bottle can make a lethal tough high velocity shrapnel.

Tthat made absolutely no sense.
CrEaTiVePyroScience
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 2-6-2012 at 09:59

@Ral123 15g can cause major damage. Even if 4g of that detonates when your are carrying a vial with acetone peroxide (with a closed hand) you will defently lose your hand or atleast three fingers.

@Fossil I totally agree with that.

[Edited on 2-6-2012 by CrEaTiVePyroScience]
CrEaTiVePyroScience
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 2-6-2012 at 10:03

@Ral123 I've made a video about TATP (in February)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taQLOobppsw

Skip to 1:20 and see what happends when a 200mg sample (accidently) detonates. Rare footage of a 200mg TATP sample that detonates in the open (due a match was pushed in it)
The TATP wasn't confined and still it blew a two inch hole in an hard plastic object.
Ral123
National Hazard

[*] posted on 3-6-2012 at 04:05

Nice chanel, I subscribed :D Abot the AP-in a shrapnel free case I wouldn't be afraid(of death :D) of anything less then 20ml egdn at distances more then 40cm.
Fossil
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 3-6-2012 at 05:36

With that attitude, I'm willing to bet you are going to abruptly stop posting on this forum.
Goorlap
Harmless

[*] posted on 3-6-2012 at 11:49

@fossil, you detonated your 15 grams electrically ? Static can be transferred through the wires and prematuraly det your AP.

Life is short. Enjoy it
Fossil
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 3-6-2012 at 12:02

I don't see how that could happen. The detonator is always the last thing to be hooked up, the wires are grounded and I do not use a spark ignition. I short out little Christmas lights with 18v, which in turn initiates a primary, in this case, TATP. If I'm missing something here, on the safety of my setup, feel free to share.

I would like to remark that this is much safer than lighting a fuse and running. I know exactly when my charge will go off, that is, when I flip the toggle switch and hit the two momentarys at the same.
caterpillar
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 4-6-2012 at 01:29

Quote: Originally posted by Fossil  
I don't see how that could happen. The detonator is always the last thing to be hooked up, the wires are grounded and I do not use a spark ignition. I short out little Christmas lights with 18v, which in turn initiates a primary, in this case, TATP. If I'm missing something here, on the safety of my setup, feel free to share.

I would like to remark that this is much safer than lighting a fuse and running. I know exactly when my charge will go off, that is, when I flip the toggle switch and hit the two momentarys at the same.

Nothing to say, you are absolutely right. Only indolence prevents from making some simple electrical ignition systems. They are much safer. Assume something is wrong and explosion doesn't occur. Pull the wire and get detonator out of charge. But if you have ignited a fuse and explosion doesn't happen, what the next movement will be? Get closer and look at what is there? It is direct way to start to learn to play harp.

Women are more perilous sometimes, than any hi explosive.
CrEaTiVePyroScience
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 4-6-2012 at 07:44

@Fossil Heyy! I do the same , I also use christmas lights do you also do it the same way that I do? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_xsake03f4 (made by me)

Or do you do it different?
(I don't need comments from people saying that putting TATP in that detonater is stupid because I've done lots of test and it doesn't react with the metal inside).

[Edited on 4-6-2012 by CrEaTiVePyroScience]
Fossil
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 4-6-2012 at 12:51

Yeah I do nearly the same thing.
FrankRizzo
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 8-6-2012 at 15:31

If you've ever had to cut glass tubing, a similar technique can be used to get a nice cut on the glass envelope of a holiday light. You simply use a small triangle file to score the bulb, then apply pressure to either side to "snap" it along the score line. It takes a bit of practice, but you can get a very nice clean break and retain a good portion of the volume of the bulb.
 Pages:  1  2    4    6

Go To Top