Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Just a post to let everyone know of a great ebay closeout
Chemstudent
Harmless

Mood: Contemplative

[*] posted on 28-4-2012 at 11:31
Just a post to let everyone know of a great ebay closeout

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&...

There is an ebay seller "mykaray", whom I suppose does that whole buy-out used lots thing. Well, anyways this person bought out an entire locker filled with OLD and new glassware, lab equipment. I don't think the person knows how much some of this stuff can go for, so its all up for bid starting at a penny. I've been waiting for a pyrex 6000mL sep funnel and 3-way 5000mL rb flask. So far I'm at $20 for the sep and $36 for the Rb flask, and I'm bidding on others too.

Anyways, thought it would be criminal not to share with you guys. Check it out, lots of really nice glassware for dirt cheap and other old equipment. There's even a nice millipore filter holder going for 40 or so bucks now, and those cost in the hundreds!
Amy Winehouse
Harmless

Mood: Saucy

[*] posted on 28-4-2012 at 12:05

Haaaa--le-luiaaa!!

LOL that $0.99 diaphragm pump looks like its from the 1700s

Great find!!!!!

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"
-Colonel Sanders
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 28-4-2012 at 13:36

Those are some nice prices, and most even have reasonable shipping costs. If anyone is looking for condensers or 24/40 flasks, there are some steals there. Thanks for posting this.
Chemstudent
Harmless

[*] posted on 28-4-2012 at 14:46

Quote: Originally posted by Dr.Bob  
Those are some nice prices, and most even have reasonable shipping costs. If anyone is looking for condensers or 24/40 flasks, there are some steals there. Thanks for posting this.

Yeah, some things are just plain silly like that membrane pump. But that 5L flask and 6L Sep funnel, I've got to have it :) And I actually asked the seller, and they will waive the shipping cost since I'm giving them my Fedex number, I'll just get billed my usual low corporate rate so it's really a steal for me. The seller said they'd bundle all the shipping into one low cost if I bought more than one item either way. And that's why I had to let you guys onto it. It's like finding valuable goods in a flea market and the guy selling just wants to unload it for a few bucks to free space at home.
EssOilChem
Harmless

[*] posted on 28-4-2012 at 19:05

Yeah saw this a few days ago, he has more stuff up now, i ran through when i saw it and bid 99c on a few things - now i'm easily outbid, thanks! lol =)
mr.crow
National Hazard

Mood: 0xFF

[*] posted on 28-4-2012 at 19:45

Wow that stuff is making my pants tingly

Ugh why does it have to be auction format? Someone is going to score it all for a few bucks. I always use "buy it now", can't be bothered with auctions

Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and caldron bubble
Fossil
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 29-4-2012 at 12:31

Quote: Originally posted by mr.crow  
Wow that stuff is making my pants tingly

Ugh why does it have to be auction format? Someone is going to score it all for a few bucks. I always use "buy it now", can't be bothered with auctions

Considering his knowledge on the value of what he is selling, everything would have been gone in minutes. But imagine how sweet it would be, to be the first guy to stumble upon his listings and buy everything, for pennies on the retail price. Maybe one day.
albqbrian
Hazard to Self

Mood: Alternatingly paranoid or pi**ed

[*] posted on 29-4-2012 at 21:31
Oh boy...

Man, is my wife ever going to be pissed at you :o

But thanks from me!
barley81
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 30-4-2012 at 05:27

I bid on the lot of glass buchners with no stems. Whoever wants to bid on this, just tell me and if I win the auction, we could split it. I don't need 11 of them, and it's good not to raise the price too much.
Chemstudent
Harmless

[*] posted on 1-5-2012 at 19:28

Quote: Originally posted by barley81  
I bid on the lot of glass buchners with no stems. Whoever wants to bid on this, just tell me and if I win the auction, we could split it. I don't need 11 of them, and it's good not to raise the price too much.

If you bought them already, we can tell the seller to hold the half for me and send you the other half. Then I can just send you half the cost of the filters if you like. Lmk in a PM. I bought a whole lot of stuff on there just now, and I'm waiting for that 6000mL Sep! :)

I also bought for a penny this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/110868103622?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:I...

It is a GearChem G4 Pump, a mechanical pump that I guess was used in a chemistry lab. I am told it works 100% according to the previous owner and hell, for a penny I'm curious to see if it works. But how would I electrically hook this guy up to pump air for filtration? I take it I'd also need a vacuum trap to make sure no solvents get in the gears. If it's fully functional and performs in a lab setting I might resell it, I've seen the same unit go on ebay for a few hundred dollars. It would in all likelihood be meant for a commercial lab purpose, so I may never make full use of it.
barley81
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 1-5-2012 at 19:58

@Chemstudent I lost the auction. I was in school when it ended, and somebody went sniping.
Chemstudent
Harmless

[*] posted on 1-5-2012 at 20:07

@Chemstudent I lost the auction. I was in school when it ended, and somebody went sniping.

Ah shoot. I hate when you are just about to get away with paying a penny for an item, then some jack off starts pushing you to bid high, and you end up winning anyways. If he just pissed off you would have payed nothing for an item you were intent on winning no matter what! :(

Once I round up all my "booty" from this lot I've followed for two weeks almost, I'll post up any items I have extras of or things I may not really need and I'll see if any guys on here would want to buy it for extremely cheap or would trade with me for something I may need. I got the Pyrex 3-neck 5000mL rb flask for $40.00 :) I was ecstatic.
EssOilChem
Harmless

[*] posted on 2-5-2012 at 09:43

Quote: Originally posted by Chemstudent  

Ah shoot. I hate when you are just about to get away with paying a penny for an item, then some jack off starts pushing you to bid high, and you end up winning anyways. If he just pissed off you would have payed nothing for an item you were intent on winning no matter what! :(

Once I round up all my "booty" from this lot I've followed for two weeks almost, I'll post up any items I have extras of or things I may not really need and I'll see if any guys on here would want to buy it for extremely cheap or would trade with me for something I may need. I got the Pyrex 3-neck 5000mL rb flask for $40.00 :) I was ecstatic.

How about one of those flasks with the tops included? =)
("BEAKERS FLASK TECH STOPPERS 4980?")
Your id in the biddings on my screen is ------ (<- I had that in there and edited it out. I thought about it and I wouldn't want people posting that info about me, so I took it out) lol

I'm sure I may have glassware to trade too.

[Edited on 2-5-2012 by EssOilChem]

[Edited on 2-5-2012 by EssOilChem]
99chemicals
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 2-5-2012 at 12:43

None of it is ground glass. So sad!
Chemstudent
Harmless

[*] posted on 2-5-2012 at 13:39

So far I have bought the following:
Once I have everything in my possession I'll see about parting things up I may have more of than I need.

-3x PYREX 1000 ML ROUND FLAT BOTTOM 24/40
-5000 ML PYREX ROUND BOTTOM 3 THREE NECK FLASK (looks like 24/40 on the side, and 40/50 in the centre
- 5x PYREX 250 ML Erlenmeyers
- A brand new Pyrex Graham Condenser 200MM 19/38 (If someone has a need for this lmk)
- 5x 1000mL Pyrex round bottom flasks (not ground glass)
- 2000 Fischerbrand flint culture Tubes NIB
- A brand new Kimble Buchner 150mL
- The 6000mL Sep. from Ace glass w/ pyrex spring loaded valve (I was so happy, only 60 bucks!!)
- Then that GearChem pump which I contact both manufacturers of the pump and motor. They both work and I'm going to clean off the tarnished metal, but now I've got a nice vac. source :)

I'm still bidding on a couple other things, but all the above I'm getting for $250 + shipping on my low FedEx company rate. Let me know if you want me to part out any pieces
rollercoaster158
Harmless

Mood: Compiling...

[*] posted on 3-5-2012 at 11:35

Dang it, was hoping to get those stirplates cheap. But someone set an automatic bid and went up to $70.00 for it. I more wanted the midget plate than anything. Did anyone here get it?
EssOilChem
Harmless

[*] posted on 3-5-2012 at 16:54

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320899322690?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:I...

probed facepiece included, 4 claisen adp. with nothing to attach them to lol, and... shipping... ouch...
rollercoaster158
Harmless

[*] posted on 3-5-2012 at 17:29

Oh my god. That is an amazing find right there, minus the shipping.

[Edited on 5-4-2012 by rollercoaster158]
EssOilChem
Harmless

[*] posted on 3-5-2012 at 17:45

Quote: Originally posted by rollercoaster158  

Looks like he's got a bunch of pneumatic parts in a box to the left too, however i'm still confused... in the first picture... on the bottom right, there is a gold thing on what looks to be the end of a chair arm. However, when you use the magnification tool, it disappears... odd.
adamsium
Hazard to Others

Mood: uprooting

[*] posted on 4-5-2012 at 00:48

Quote: Originally posted by EssOilChem  
Quote: Originally posted by rollercoaster158  

Looks like he's got a bunch of pneumatic parts in a box to the left too, however i'm still confused... in the first picture... on the bottom right, there is a gold thing on what looks to be the end of a chair arm. However, when you use the magnification tool, it disappears... odd.

That gold thing in the bottom right corner is not part of the actual photo. It's just some sort of watermark, and is not overlaid over the magnified image. You'll notice that it's an outline of a camera.
S.C. Wack
bibliomaster

Mood: Enhanced

[*] posted on 4-5-2012 at 15:50

Quote: Originally posted by 99chemicals  

???

The seller's items seem to have attracted attention. I don't see any steals. Usually auctions outside of their proper categories fly under the radar, not working out for buyers so well here. Not sure why anyone would want to bring to others' attention what they're bidding on...

"You're going to be all right, kid...Everything's under control." Yossarian, to Snowden
rollercoaster158
Harmless

[*] posted on 4-5-2012 at 15:53

Quote: Originally posted by S.C. Wack  

???

The seller's items seem to have attracted attention. I don't see any steals. Usually auctions outside of their proper categories fly under the radar, not working out for buyers so well here. Not sure why anyone would want to bring to others' attention what they're bidding on...

Well... Chemstudent said that he "thought it would be criminal not to share with you guys". I definitely agree with him.
EssOilChem
Harmless

[*] posted on 4-5-2012 at 19:00

???

A week ago, there was alot on there that were definitely steals. Now the bids have flown in.

Oh - buy it now ($132.82 + $20 shipping) price KNF diaphragm pump (is a PU model, but its basically an N838 that has been slightly modified, without a power supply). You'll need to find a power supply (<$20) for it and be electronically inclined enough to hook it up... But either way, still a great deal (tech specs says down to 27inHg).

[Edited on 5-5-2012 by EssOilChem]

[Edited on 5-5-2012 by EssOilChem]
jamit
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 4-5-2012 at 19:54

???

I agree. IMO this is a stupid thread. Why would you draw attention to what you're bidding... It will only drive up the price! Think before you post!!!!!!!

It might be better to post after you've won your bid on an amazing lab equipment.
Chemstudent
Harmless

[*] posted on 4-5-2012 at 20:47

I wanted to share, that is all. I was only going to buy a few pieces here and there, and wanted other folks here to know about it. But yes, significant traffic had been drawn. I guys it took notice here
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top