Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: unemployed again
Polverone
Now celebrating 21 years of madness

Mood: Waiting for spring

thumbdown.gif posted on 1-6-2012 at 12:36
unemployed again

As so often happens when working for a startup, my current employment ended with a short, sharp drop today.

For the past 18 months I developed software for Lytix LLC to reconcile and correlate noisy, semi-structured financial data from public and commercial sources in order to map the financial world as interconnected graphs of actors.

For 3 years prior to that I developed software to combine user behavior and web page content to generate and serve recommendations for a recommendations service offered by the now-defunct Loomia Inc.

Prior to that I was employed at the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, building computational models of radiation-damaged DNA and software to drive and analyze molecular dynamics simulations of said DNA.

Prior to that I obtained my master's degree in computer science from Washington State University in 2005.

The particular technologies I've worked with most are MySQL, MongoDB, and PostgresSQL for data storage, Google's Protocol Buffers for data interchange, and Python for software development. I also use Perl and C, though to a lesser extent.

I have a slightly more detailed résumé here: http://www.sciencemadness.org/matt.ernst.resume.pdf

If you think that you have a lead on a job or even short term project that I might be suited to, please send me a U2U.

PGP Key and corresponding e-mail address
Vogelzang
Banned

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1-6-2012 at 13:15

http://www.usajobs.gov/JobSearch/Search/GetResults?Organizat...
ldanielrosa
Hazard to Others

Mood: transparent

[*] posted on 2-6-2012 at 10:52

Sorry to hear that. You're not the only programmer I know who's looking for employment. If you're near the AFK, I'll buy you a beer.

Go To Top