Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Laboy questions?
Funkerman23
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 29-6-2012 at 19:29
Laboy questions?

Has anyone here ever ordered from their main Site? I have had computer issues before so my faith in messages going to where they should is less than stellar. After the order is sent to them( again though their main site not the eBay page) how many days ( or hours) before I should expect the bill E Mail? And should I need to contact them is the 2/3 day period still the norm( for expecting a reply)?
I apologise if this is not due here but I cannot read Chinese so I hope my plea will be forgiven.
Scr0t
Hazard to Others

Mood: Desiccated

[*] posted on 30-6-2012 at 01:59

I have ordered three times from their main site and each time there has been some kind of communication problem with their website.

After making the orders and waiting up to a week I had to email them and ask for the invoice.
On one of those occasions after payment was made I had to email them to 'remind' them that I had paid after waiting a month for delivery.
chemrox
International Hazard

Mood: LaGrangian

[*] posted on 30-6-2012 at 12:55

buy their stuff on ebay.

"When you let the dumbasses vote you end up with populism followed by autocracy and getting back is a bitch." Plato (sort of)
Funkerman23
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 1-7-2012 at 05:25

So far I have not been too badly abused in this. The invoice was promptly sent but PayPal ( yet again) did a terrific job of showing their ass. Eventually I got through and payment was sent. Given that its the weekend I might hear from them on Monday if I am terribly lucky. If not I am rather persistent. Fingers crossed
Funkerman23
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 9-7-2012 at 18:48

Update: If anyone here has actually ordered from their main site instead of their eBay page did you by chance have a 2 week( after paying the invoice) wait before they shipped your order? I found something that might explain the delay but please reply if you had the delay. I thank you very much for your assistance.

[Edited on 10-7-2012 by Funkerman23]
Funkerman23
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 15-7-2012 at 19:27

Quote: Originally posted by chemrox  
buy their stuff on ebay.
to anyone running across this Follow chemrox's advice OR When you order put a message in the comments section to the effect you would like your order to arrive promptly.

[Edited on 16-7-2012 by Funkerman23]
zoombafu
Hazard to Others

Mood: sciencey

[*] posted on 15-7-2012 at 19:56

I ordered stuff from them on ebay, no issues, and the quality of the glass was actually better than I thought it would be.

elementcollector1
International Hazard

Mood: Molten

[*] posted on 30-11-2012 at 11:44

Their website looks a little... off. I don't know if it's just me...
http://www.laboyglass.com/about-us
Anyway, the reason I'm reviving this is that I'd like to buy a few 10/18 stoppers from them (they seem cheap enough), but want to know if they're legitimate or not.

Elements Collected:52/87
Latest Acquired: Cl
Next in Line: Nd
smaerd
International Hazard

Mood: hmm...

[*] posted on 30-11-2012 at 11:53

They are legitimate and foriegn. I ordered a fair amount of 24/40 glass-ware from them two years back. Still holding up just fine, and it is good quality glass-ware.

elementcollector1
International Hazard

Mood: Molten

[*] posted on 30-11-2012 at 12:53

Foreign to where, America? In that case, anyone know of a ground-glass supplier in America (not Dr. Bob, already ordered from him)?

Elements Collected:52/87
Latest Acquired: Cl
Next in Line: Nd
smaerd
International Hazard

Mood: hmm...

[*] posted on 30-11-2012 at 13:27

Yes foreign to America. I think they shipped from China. As for American glass-ware, I'm not really sure. I mostly order from Dr. Bob and ebay.

Mailinmypocket
International Hazard

[*] posted on 30-11-2012 at 17:22

I ordered from them last week. I must say communication is poor and it seems sketchy... Monday I received a tracking number though and it would seem the parcel is on the move... we will see what things look like on arrival. Next time I will use Dr.Bob but I wanted to try these guys just for fun!

laboy2.png - 12kB laboy1.png - 10kB
Mailinmypocket
International Hazard

[*] posted on 6-12-2012 at 11:06

Quote: Originally posted by Mailinmypocket  
I ordered from them last week. I must say communication is poor and it seems sketchy... Monday I received a tracking number though and it would seem the parcel is on the move... we will see what things look like on arrival. Next time I will use Dr.Bob but I wanted to try these guys just for fun!

Looks like Laboy pulled through, have to wait until I get home to see if anything is broken though. But I would say they are reliable, for how sketchy their site seems :D

Untitled.png - 47kB
Mailinmypocket
International Hazard

[*] posted on 7-12-2012 at 11:32

Just wanted to say I highly recommend Laboy! The glassware was extremely well packed, the quality is great (has a good heavy feel to it, no bubbles or other anomalies and the joints fit together perfectly)

SM2
Hazard to Others

Mood: Affect

[*] posted on 7-12-2012 at 11:51

Ordered full set 24/40, got here quickly, but broken glass every ware. I was going to ship it back, but they offered a partial refund. I still have the sep funnel, which I fixed with epoxy.
Mailinmypocket
International Hazard

[*] posted on 7-12-2012 at 12:08

Quote: Originally posted by Fennel Ass Ih Tone  
Ordered full set 24/40, got here quickly, but broken glass every ware. I was going to ship it back, but they offered a partial refund. I still have the sep funnel, which I fixed with epoxy.

Aww :( Maybe because I ordered all relatively small things is the reason they survived. When I got home I dropped the box right on the floor, christ.

My box was jam packed with weird smelling foam sheets, nothing could move thankfully.
cal
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 8-12-2012 at 10:19
Labboy

Almost 2/3 of my lab is from Lab Boy and I have had no problems what so ever with ordering or shipment. I did all my purchases on eBay though.

Go To Top